• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Creature AI #3

Youtube views are unique for each IP and account. Its pretty much the real number of viewers (not views).

I don't deny the crass nature of my own comments, but the usual suspects sticks out every time there's some skepticism on these forums. Honestly, I feel like this is a backyard where a handful of active people with the same ideas, mindsets and perceptions keep repeating the same logic. You keep stonewalling every newcomer who doesn't have sugar and rainbows in their eyes.

There are other ways of doing things...

I don't deny the crass nature of my own comments, but the usual suspects sticks out every time there's some skepticism on these forums. Honestly, I feel like this is a backyard where a handful of active people with the same ideas, mindsets and perceptions keep repeating the same logic. You keep stonewalling every newcomer who doesn't have sugar and rainbows in their eyes.

There are other ways of doing things...

did you understand my post?

Damn it, i'm now so hyped. Exams have passed and i have 4 months of free time :biggrin: I'm so eager to hear your internal ETA, is it february?.. I won't tell anyone.. I promise :biggrin:

Thats exactly what they are supposed to do. The majority of interested players are already inside the vanilla wow community.

Duly noted, however I argue that there is a larger upside in creating promo for players that are new to the private server scene, but nevertheless are familiar with vanilla.

There are already quite a few promo videos for people who are new to the private server scene.

Any additional promo videos will mainly be for people who know and who are interested in the server.

Thats mainly achieved through 3rd party platforms like Facebook, Twitter, reddit or gaming community forums. If you know of another way, do tell.

Duly noted, however I argue that there is a larger upside in creating promo for players that are new to the private server scene, but nevertheless are familiar with vanilla.

As I'm excited for this server to open, I do get what you're saying in your posts. These days excitement is fleeting and people tend to forget about stuff when they don't get updated all the time. But also I think that when this server releases, that if it's as good as it says it's going to be, that word of mouth will travel that much faster. I see dozens of posts on all types of sites complaining about bugs, broken things, etc, on many of the current servers and if a server had all these things fixed, I would think that the moment these people see it they would tell all their friends about it.

I don't think a delayed release date is that problematic until it gets to be 6 months down the road. If this server releases earlier than that (which I'm hoping it does), then everything should fall into place. I may be optimistic, but I know that once it launches - and if it's good - all my friends are going to jump back in immediately and I know that my situation is not the only one.

Thats mainly achieved through 3rd party platforms like Facebook, Twitter, reddit or gaming community forums. If you know of another way, do tell.

If you bother to actually read you realize that I question the content itself, not the channels through which the content is being spread. I have been reading through some forum posts here, and your attitude is so toxic it has permanently derailed several threads into brawls.

Since I am no better I will leave this forum for good. I suggest you do too.

If you bother to actually read you realize that I question the content itself

So what are you actually asking for? A every day note that tells you 'we fixed the path / loottable of this and that boss" ?

This will likely turn a constant stream of information into a players ask about "Why didn't you fix this or that?"

I guess if you watch the forums off a moderators vision you quickly understand the pace of informations we been feed.

So please tell me what you'd like to have? Another feenix or what?

Go ahead and browse through the bug-tracker a little and you'll quickly find the missing pieces of information widely rolled out before you.

Again - Even if Kronos launches with half the promises made it'll still be far ahead of other projects that RARELY support a completely running lategame.

You deny showcase videos any use for new vanilla players? Is that so?

Maybe at the first gaze but at least after trying another project to find dozens and dozens of buggs you'll quickly remember the showcase Kronos smashed in your face with exact the same thing working just fine.

So what are you actually asking for? A every day note that tells you 'we fixed the path / loottable of this and that boss" ?

This will likely turn a constant stream of information into a players ask about "Why didn't you fix this or that?'

Actually I think it would help. It takes just 1 minute to type this kind of thing and gives enormous impact on the community. And as Lharts pointed out Kronos is communicating with people by Facebook, Twitter and forums - not by bugtracker.
About those people asking why didnt you fix this or that - they are here, in this thread also, asking slightly different questions. You will never fix that.

What I'm saying is - Not quantity but frequency.
Also it really is good to know that someone is out there and working. DayZ dev team is the best example of that. Best communication with player base ever.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is - Not quantity but frequency.
Also it really is good to know that someone is out there and working. DayZ dev team is the best example of that. Best communication with player base ever.

It took a loooong time for them to be known as a dev with decent communication. When it was an ArmA2 mod/new released stand-a-alone, they were absolutely shocking.

More on-topic. I do agree more frequent updates that just says"we are focusing on ST", a week later "We finished this on ST" or to something similar would be a a very nice addition, and maybe a little necessary.

I can see what needs to be worked on in the Bugtracker, but I can't see what they are currently working on/focused on.

Last edited:
Really well done stuff. I had to rewind the video during the Shadowfang Keep portion to check out if players would morph into a Worgen when mind controlled, like retail. Yup, there it was. Some poor sap swinging away with a staff, just like in the old days.

Magnificent.

This looks really really nice,
if i'm, lets say, lvl 60 and adding every single mob in Stormwind Stockade, does every single NPC is going to find a spot or does that make technical problems because of the amount of NPC's?

if i'm, lets say, lvl 60 and adding every single mob in Stormwind Stockade, does every single NPC is going to find a spot or does that make technical problems because of the amount of NPC's?

With that many mobs, there's going to be some stacking.

modspread.jpg

They stack, yes, but are easy to loot too :biggrin:

Welcome back :)

Well first they try to find an empty space, if there is no free space, it will find the best. Like Hogger said, its possible to have them stacked up this way, but they will always form a ring around you.

This will likely turn a constant stream of information into a players ask about "Why didn't you fix this or that?"

I guess if you watch the forums off a moderators vision you quickly understand the pace of informations we been feed.

So please tell me what you'd like to have? Another feenix or what?

Go ahead and browse through the bug-tracker a little and you'll quickly find the missing pieces of information widely rolled out before you.

Again - Even if Kronos launches with half the promises made it'll still be far ahead of other projects that RARELY support a completely running lategame.

You deny showcase videos any use for new vanilla players? Is that so?

Maybe at the first gaze but at least after trying another project to find dozens and dozens of buggs you'll quickly remember the showcase Kronos smashed in your face with exact the same thing working just fine.

You are greatly aiding the cause of this project by blindly believing that the current way is the only way and every other idea is trash. I personally fail to see how using a mana potion adds to the threat table builds any hype for new vanilla players, something you even admit in your post.

There are a lot of good videos for the community that is already knowledgeable about common bugs and issues with other projects, but I'd much rather have an official introductory video to the server highlighting what players can expect from launch, maybe release schedules of progression, generally building on the vanilla theme. The front page of Kronos and the current videos on the official YouTube channel are very technical in nature. I feel like the crew here has a very nice looking car, but keeps talking about the engine and the engine only, with the forum all being mechnical engineers. Good luck getting girls into that.

You are greatly aiding the cause of this project by blindly believing that the current way is the only way and every other idea is trash. I personally fail to see how using a mana potion adds to the threat table builds any hype for new vanilla players, something you even admit in your post.

There are a lot of good videos for the community that is already knowledgeable about common bugs and issues with other projects, but I'd much rather have an official introductory video to the server highlighting what players can expect from launch, maybe release schedules of progression, generally building on the vanilla theme. The front page of Kronos and the current videos on the official YouTube channel are very technical in nature. I feel like the crew here has a very nice looking car, but keeps talking about the engine and the engine only, with the forum all being mechnical engineers. Good luck getting girls into that.

I can see your point, and I kinda agree. It wouldn't hurt to release a less technical, but rather more of a fluff filled hype vid. Anything that results in more players on Kronos is something I can get behind. Because I understand that not every potential Vanilla player is as hardcore as some of us here. Not everyone gets aroused by the technicalities.

I think that's a good point and I'd support something in that direction. Do you have something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg7cjTYNHC0 in mind?

Last edited:
Top Bottom