• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Miscellaneous Fixes #1

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

today’s Showcase presents you several Quality of Life improvements such as no more Client Lagging, Screen Freezes, or Client Crashes due to boat travel. We also exhibit our completely lag and distortion free player movement. Whether players are running at significantly increased speeds due to sprint abilities, flying through the air after suffering a knock-back, or are being affected by movement impairing effects while charging, you will always see them move smoothly on Kronos.

[video=youtube;EVn4GdqBhTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVn4GdqBhTA[/video]

Last edited:
Can't tell how often that client freeze pissed me off and players lagging so much that you can barely hit them.

Thats a really good idea to login on Al'akir and test out the bugs and fix them on kronos to show the difference :D

Edit: Will there also be some Alterac Valley Showcase?

you know, Gryphons flying, placing Beacons, Ground Assults and the correct size of both Ultimate Summonings, dont know both names. Those big guys at the Field of Strife. And some Ichman Action, since he can Vanish, how does that look like in a combat? :D

Last edited:
How do you know the footage of the bugs was from feenix? (not all of it was ^^)

Looks quite awesome.

However, I cannot understand... How come these bugs have been around for so many years and different private server projects? Aren't the mechanics the most important things to get working before scripting for example the boss encounters? Or does Classic/TBC/WotLK/etc all have different core and fixes need to be made separately?

... Will there also be some Alterac Valley Showcase?

you know, Gryphons flying, placing Beacons, Ground Assults and the correct size of both Ultimate Summonings, dont know both names. Those big guys at the Field of Strife. And some Ichman Action, since he can Vanish, how does that look like in a combat? :D

Alterac Valley isn't finished yet. when it's done there just might be a video about it, who knows ;)

Or does Classic/TBC/WotLK/etc all have different core and fixes need to be made separately?

yes.
and even different private realms of the same datadisk have different cores and a lot of stuff has to be fixed individually on each one. again and again

Looks quite awesome.

However, I cannot understand... How come these bugs have been around for so many years and different private server projects? Aren't the mechanics the most important things to get working before scripting for example the boss encounters? Or does Classic/TBC/WotLK/etc all have different core and fixes need to be made separately?

Most of the shown bugs in the video, like client side lag and freeze, will most likely NEVER be fixed on any other 1.12.1 (maybe not even expansions) server.
And the answer to your question is simple. As long as players play on your server, why bother to improve?

Oh, great work. I really appreciate you doing these showcases on a weekly basis.

One question for the developers though, are you sure these issues won't reappear when the server is populated?
I mean, it must be different to optimize stuff for a test realm, with 5 online, and for live with 500-1000.

I played on kronos and there was not screenfreze ,about the population thing time will see that

One question for the developers though, are you sure these issues won't reappear when the server is populated?
I mean, it must be different to optimize stuff for a test realm, with 5 online, and for live with 500-1000.

These issues have nothing to do with population. They had different origin.

We aim to optimize the code from it's beginning as much as possible.

This video was great. A long standing issue on private servers is with warrior charge stuns however, and how the position should update when a target is moving. I noticed that at 2:05 in the video, the charge stun appeared to occur instantly, when it should happen at the end of the stun path. This'll be worked on prior to release right? It's very important for warrior players.

Blizzard added stun to charges in order to "stop the target while the warrior is moving". On retail, the stun was delayed due to update time, which was ~400ms.

Simply, you are not Charging player to stun him, but he's stunned to allow you to properly charge :biggrin:

Blizzard added stun to charges in order to "stop the target while the warrior is moving". On retail, the stun was delayed due to update time, which was ~400ms.
So is there any plan because the delay is a bit different to make any alterations so that warriors don't end up 10 miles behind mounted targets?

The stun is there to avoid "end up 10 miles behind mounted targets" :)
During the duration of the stun you are intended to advance forward.

The stun is there to avoid "end up 10 miles behind mounted targets" :)
During the duration of the stun you are intended to advance forward.

Alright.. we'll see how it goes then. Hopefully it isn't like other servers, since the stun definitely isn't enough there to prevent that scenario.

I think that testers can retest it, if charge gets you to the proper position against fast moving targets. In corecraft vids you can see, that TBC emu have problem, that you get too far from the target when charging even if the target doesn't move.

This video shows the delay of charge stun caused by update time pretty well:
Here the stun is applied only when the warrior reaches his target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETLBN2L8jM&t=4m18s
Here the stun occurs almost immediately
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETLBN2L8jM&t=6m53s
Before 4.3.0, charge did not take into account that characters were moving afaik:
Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Charge (and related abilities) should now correctly path to a target even if the target moves during the Charge. This change should decrease the likelihood of the warrior Charging to a different location than the target.

Top Bottom