• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Miscellaneous Fixes #1

This video shows the delay of charge stun caused by update time pretty well:
Here the stun is applied only when the warrior reaches his target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETLBN2L8jM&t=4m18s
Here the stun occurs almost immediately
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETLBN2L8jM&t=6m53s
Before 4.3.0, charge did not take into account that characters were moving afaik:

I believe that in Cataclysm, the delay on abilities was also reduced from 400 ms windows to around 10 ms. If everything that you say is true, I assume that the Charge update that you're referring to must've been implemented to compensate for the change in latency so that the end-result of using Charge would generally be the same as before.

Something has to be done to give us a proper result from using Charge abilities if we're going to have Cataclysm-like spell delay.

That delay is going to be removed in Warlords of Draenor. All prior expansions have these 400ms batches for player vs player acts.

The 400ms batches were a crutch for blizzard. They were never inteded, but needed to prevent lagging.
The stun from charge and intercept were also just a crutch to lock the target in place to make sure you can instantly start attacking it once you reached it.
Having a spell delay will make charge way worse then it is now. Just watch old movies and you know what I mean. Charging 10y behind a fast moving target was a regular occurence.

i.e.:
You charge
Target Keeps moving
Stun hits the target
You end up where you originally charged to
Target moved 400ms away from you leaving a large gap

I know the discussions about this spelldelay and how important some think it might be. It will make the game less responsive if you ask me. There are positive aspects and negative.

About spell delay. As i know, for some spells and abilities it's already implemented. Two mages ARE able to sheep each other, two rogues ARE able to Gouge eachother.

These videos are sucking the joy out of my killing time on a different server, waiting for this one to start up. Your hard work is making the game look too good. I think I'm going to have to do another run through of Skyrim while I wait.

Great work.

I just recently came across Kronos, and ever since i cant stop lurking your website, hoping for that 75% bar to increase. Damn this is insane! Never seen such a dedicated dev team, who has (according to the videos) such great scripts. This is definitely gonna be my new home!

Last edited:
Showcase Miscellaneous Fixes #1

Not a problem - once you have created the showcase just let me know and I'll link the old topic to the new showcase

Top Bottom