• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: PvE Fixes #1

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

today’s Showcase is exclusively about fixes related to PVE mechanics. The focus lies on threat mechanics, specifically how most actively caused gains cause threat while most passively received gains do not. The second part of the showcase highlights our working implementation of the Attack Power stat of NPCs. This means that buffs and debuffs which modify the Attack Power of NPCs will correctly affect their damage.

As always, thank you for sharing and liking these videos and leaving your feedback in the Forums.

[video=youtube;-MHSAlwNNvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MHSAlwNNvQ[/video]

Last edited:
Second!

can someone explain me passive and active energy for rogues?

totems not causing aggro is a fix that is VERY useful in pve.

Also the lock drank a health potion not a mana potion, but they cause threat just the same?

Last edited:
Passive energy gain is the one that you probably understand as the "normal" energy gain. There are however ways to get back energy faster by actively using a consumable or an item. Example are thistle tea and the zul'gurub trinket for rogue.

And yes, it seems like the text for the mana gain and health gain got mixed up in the video.

Edit: Oh you are right he messed up mana with heal potion in text . :D

Hm think is best to see from addon like ktm data here:
["healing"] = 0.5,
["meleeaggrogain"] = 1.1,
["rangeaggrogain"] = 1.3,
["ragegain"] = 5.0,
["energygain"] = 5.0,
["managain"] = 0.5,

So you can see how the value are.

Example you use thistle tea on 20 energy then you get 80 energy and that wozuld be 80*5= 400 threat.

Last edited:
Ap scaling working is a definite plus for the server. Since it effects ALL npcs in game, not just a small portion of them. A very important part of raiding too.

By the way, changelog seems quite empty for a month now; is it because you're working on more basic systems instead of singular fixes? i believe you mentioned something like that in another thread. just curious.

anyways thanks for your hard work.

also kudos to the person who made that issue report and provided his theories/calculations :p

Last edited:
They stopped updating the changelog since the server is not live yet. Players don't notice a difference. You can see it on the bigtracker somewhere though.

I'll echo the same of what others have said. The Attack Power scaling with external mods like demo shout and curse of recklessness are huge. That could NOT have been easy to impliment and adjust. Really well done.

http://www.kronos-wow.com/ shows spells and mechanics #2 instead of the proper video under the PvE fixes#1 entry ITT

actually, each video is the right one for the entry below it

the showcase: spells and mechanics two entry has the effect stacking video on it, and the effect stacking entry has the spells and mechanics #1 video one it, and the showcase: spells and mechanics 1 entry has the engineering fixes video and etc etc

more importantly, i couldnt find the video ITT on the main page
please fix it soon

It's so amazing! I dont even want to play on any other server now :D This will be greatest private server ever ! I believe people will support server without any rewards ... :D Thank you for that Kronos team!

This is fantastic. Many servers "say" they fix issues. This is the first one that offers video proof.
What a refreshing concept!

Kronos the only server that fix things, you never knew we're/would be bugged :p I mean the aggro thing from pots, such a small thing, yet crucial for the original concept.

Love your work.

Looks fantastic guys and or gals). Really can't wait for this to go live. I'm buying the first 5 rounds when it does at that little tavern in Brill. Little things like this is what will make this server the envy and template for all others. Thanks in advance.:yes:

Very nice. To be honest I wasn't even aware of threat mechanics in-depth until recently, nice to see it now works as intended!

Top Bottom