• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Spells and Mechanics #2

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

today we are able to present you the second Showcase in the Spells and Mechanics series. Included in today’s video are pet spell school lock, NPC ability cooldowns, the Hunter’s Feign Death ability as well as what happens when a player hits alt+F4. Since you do not actually see the WoW window being force closed in the video, you will for now just have to take our word for it, that that is indeed what happened. We chose not to show this from a Desktop perspective as we believe it would break the immersion of the video. However, we chose to include it because we think this is an important issue to highlight as an incorrect implementation of this mechanic could lead to possible abuse in both PvE and PvP scenarios.

[video=youtube;RsZz62L0nhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsZz62L0nhY[/video]

We will do our best to make the wait for the next Showcase shorter than it was for this one. Until then be sure to keep spreading the word and participate in the latest discussions on our Forums.

Last edited:
Earthbind debug is nice, that was really OP on Feenix since you could unstealth everyone pretty easily without any huge mana cost so...

Thank you again Chero, try to stay away from a screwdriver until release.

:lol:

Nice.
I havent been playing WoW since Rebirth went down and its been working quite allright for me so far ,but boy after watching this video im shaking :D
I want to play!!

just curious:
Is that disconnecting after 20second out of combat how it worked on official servers? I never ganked people so I can't remember how it worked.

It all depended on when the disconnet happened.

If you DC before the fight begins you will leave after 20 seconds.
If you DC during combat you will stay online till either you or your attacker dies (and then +20 seconds logout timer).

Someone please confirm :)

i only think it was the first slow from the totem and those after it would work as shown

Basicaly, all issues must have solid proof, before Devs start to fix them. (ofc obvious bugs need only description, how it should work) but things like erathbind totem or dodging spell by vanish need proof (vanish is fixed, don't get me wrong :smile: ).

Wow, I can actually see paladins using divine intervention on this server to recover from wipes instead of the alt f4 feast that usually takes place :)

The Alt+f4 fix is amazing, especially since this means if a disconnect happens while fighting a mob it doesn't mean instant death.

That alt+f4 fix is simply fascinating, its going to change so many things for the best. Also you fixed earthbind, I'm almost sad I'm not rolling a rogue anymore, not that I dueled shamans a lot before, but eitherway it's great.

Top Bottom