• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Shred vs. Claw

It only says that shred is better than calw. What spec is he using, Is he using the relic that reduces energy cost for claw etc..

shred is better. I did so much testing on previous kronos's test realm, basically logged in with 2 characters. My feral and a 100 armor priest which acted as my dummy. I tested on a warrior with plate aswell to imitate bosses armor values. I believe my best results were with rip and rake 100% uptime and shred spam rest. The problem is you wont get to use rake on bosses due to limited debuffs, thats why feral dps is only op in 5mans and in endgame gear where hes around middle.

I have 1000 AP in cat form which is about what you have bis pre raid gear.

Claw does autoattack dmg + 138*1.20(Savage Fury talent)=317 dmg per claw.

Shred does 225% auto attack dmg + 180=523 dmg per shred.

Claw costs 37 Energy with Idol of Ferocity and shred costs 48 Energy.
This results in 30% more Claws than shreds

523*0.70=366

At this stage it’s 317 vs. 366 and shred wins.
But now to the complicated parts.

30% more claws also results in ~30% more finishing moves and ~30% more crits witch result in extra combo points.

This is all a more complicated equation since it depends on the druids crit chance.

What I’m asking here is: Have anyone taken in this factors(or even more)? Have anyone done some real testing. Shred’s direct dmg scales better with attackpower and claw scales better with crit. If one is better than the other does it change with gear etc.

More finishers also means less energy means less claws than 30% more which means not as many more finishers in the end. It balances itself out, leaving shred the winner where AP starts to matter. Claw might be slightly better before that point. No idea where that point could be exactly, though.

I have 1000 AP in cat form which is about what you have bis pre raid gear.

Claw does autoattack dmg + 138*1.20(Savage Fury talent)=317 dmg per claw.

Shred does 225% auto attack dmg + 180=523 dmg per shred.

Claw costs 37 Energy with Idol of Ferocity and shred costs 48 Energy.
This results in 30% more Claws than shreds

523*0.70=366

At this stage it’s 317 vs.366 and shred wins.
But now to the complicated parts.

This math is faulty:

30% more claws does not mean you multiply shred by 0.7. it means you multiply claw by 1.3.

n x 1.3 = 130%
1.3 * 0.7 = 91%

317 X 1.3 = 412

412 vs 523 = Shred wins. 27% more damage.
366/317 is merely 15% more damage.

Unlikely that 30% more combo points could possibly result in a larger overall increase to special damage than 27%..

Top Bottom