• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Simple Question.... Beta open or official release?

Spufy

Authorized
Try to find some info...but nothing.
Will have open beta or team aim for official release without open beta and blq blq :smile: ?

no public tests here. Only way is to become a tester. Like me. But I was just derping around so Chero banned me :crying:

Only statement is something like this - "There will be beta if we decide, that we need it"

no public tests here. Only way is to become a tester. Like me. But I was just derping around so Chero banned me :crying:

Is it still possible to become one? Sent my apply two weeks ago, still no reply - would've at least expected to get a rejection notice by now...

Last time I asked, Chero had a swimming pool filled with "make me a tester" requests.

If you really want to be a tester, I'd start with posting bugs or proofs into the bug report, which is open for anyone who registered. You two guys have zero activity in the bug report or even twinhead for that matter, which shows your burning dedication for testing. :death:

I'd really love to use my telepathic powers and report bugs from a server I have no access to, but I don't have such powers to begin with.

But you can contribute in other way - finding prooves for already reported bugs, that are new or need info.

Uuh, sorry, still dont understand. Do you speak of finding information about already reported bugs, proofs that the reported thing is actually bugged? Shouldn't people already include it when reporting in the first place? I just don't get it.

@Aieris....i dont know about this option....tomorrow will see if can help with that Bug report's(have a lot free time this day's) :smile:

Consider it as sort of a trial period. Show that you have the effort needed to mine 10 year old proofs in a game that was patched 50 million times since 1.12. That you won't get bored and stop contributing after a week of testing or "testing". That you can do research and comprehensively sum it up, so that the dev can focus on the fixing part. That you are reliable and won't try to deceive the devs with "info" favoring your class or spec. etc...

I, for example, know that my enthusiasm for googling ten year old bugs and computing abilities' damage is long gone and so I don't bother applying, but if you are an opposite, the comment section of the bug report seems like the way to earn your rank.

The people who posted stuff in these two topics apparently have special powers to report stuff that might be bugged on a server where they do not play yet:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86355-Suggestion-of-possible-bug
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88584-Almost-ready-for-release-but-we-need-your-help!

Some players also exhibit the same ability by actually creating bug reports with sources, while still not being testers. And yes, you would be surprised how many bug reports are actually missing a proper source (these are just the ones already marked as needing one).

Goris pretty much said everything else.

Even without posting bug reports and bug suggestions yourself, you can actually contribute to fixing other bugs by posting comments, sourcelinks and screenshot or video links.

And to answer the question, I'm really not sure that we need more testers right now. Chero can only fix so much stuff, rather I'd like to see a new developer.

Ah it's that sort of stuff? I did suggest something in that thread, but I honestly think that making actual bug reports about things that could be maybe possibly bugged or not would be more trouble to server than its worth. I was pretty damn sure that a bug report should concern a confirmed issue, describing the reason its a bug, and how it should actually work. Making reports about things that can end up actually working fine would just harm the quality of tracker, wouldn't it?

I agree that bugs should contain proofs, but that's why we have a forum or an IRC channel where you can talk about the bug, confirm if it's real or not before you post it to the bug report.

Still, even things that are not bugs are still saved in the bug report for future references and for other people who are not sure about it.

For example, I'm as goris, I don't have motivation to test things every day so I didn't applied, but from time to time, I'm in mood to contribute by something so when someone posted, that Onyxia in Great Masquarade Q ending have wrong skin, i've spent half an hour diging old screenshots from retail to prove that. In fact, it was not a bug and it got changed around 1.11. But actual bug report had it proofs too. I only thought that It got changed and so I've found a proof.

Top Bottom