• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter So... For Hunter for PVE

rakingclaw

Hello Everyone,

I am currently thinking about rolling a hunter for raiding, and have never played a hunter before. Before I would want to spend my time lvling him from one to 60 only to find out that the class was a waste of time to level because of dps I would be dealing in raids, I would like to ask a few questions:

1.Which is a fun/interesting dps spec? Which one would I have to press several buttons to maintain great dps? Would I have to watch some dots I apply to a target and reapply them? I don't want to press one button for the whole instance to get insane damage.

2.How fun is the leveling experience?

3. Which profession(s) would be the most useful for the class?

4. What is the stat priority on hunter spec that would be fun/interesting? I do not want to waste my time getting a ton of agility on a hunter only to find out I need intellect as well.

5. What would I be useful for in raids? Would I actually be dishing out some good damage or would I be like the druid for the buffs?

6. As I am raiding, would I have to compete with other classes besides hunter for armor I would need?

Thank you for the help! Have a great weekend!

yo,
2. i personally rate leveling hunter the most funny of all classes (well sham + hunter on the same level)
3. i would say either engineering to make your own ammo or leatherworking
i will let the pr0s answer the rest :biggrin:

1) for lvling bm for raiding mm later on with extrem amounts of agi survival
you do not use serpent sting(dot) because its an utter waste of mana for the damage it does and it uses up a debuff slot
your rotation looks like this autoshot aimed shot autoshot multishot repeat other than that applying huntersmark using tranq on the few bosses its needed and controlling your pet so it doesnt die

2) i like it being able to solo pretty much everything through kiting is nice though its personal preference other than that if the occasional wpvp happens you are good of as a hunter even if you dont manage to kill people you can always try to outrun them

3)engi/whatever - grenades/arrows/battlechicken(for pet and meeles) tons of usefull stuff for pvp

4)get hitcap stack agi no need for extra int gear you will have enough manaregen with potions and demonic runes

5)buffing the meelegroup and also doing damage and yes you can do decent damage as a hunter

6)you will be competing for the same rings,necks and trinkets as some meeles and ofcourse you will be competing for t3 with the clases that share the same tokens (the zg meele weapons dagger+sword should be yours)

Top Bottom