• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

So it's time....

Just wondering who said 21. Dec. is the release date ;)

The main page states that the server will be "Coming Fall 2014". Fall officially ends on December 20th, so people are assuming the launch date will either be on the 20th or the 21st (although the 21st is the first day of winter).

The main page states that the server will be "Coming Fall 2014". Fall officially ends on December 20th, so people are assuming the launch date will either be on the 20th or the 21st (although the 21st is the first day of winter).

I personally doubt we see the server launch before spring.

1) Still seems rather raw, unfinished & unpolished (judging by what I can read between the lines & bits of info spilled by the staff & testers here & there.)
2) Progress bar is still on 78% and hasn't really been moving much for ~2 months now.
3) The staff has admitted themselves that there are still some core issues to work on and that there are also new bugs appearing every now and then, which is also inevitable.
4) MMO Games rarely launch only a few days before a holiday, usually 1-2 weeks (even up to ~4 weeks in some cases) before a greater holiday is optimal when you look at it from a sheer marketing perspective (All the greater game producing companies act this way)
5) New MMO games, which are hyped, usually aren't released from saturday to tuesday. Most of the time They are released on wednesday-friday to make the best of the launch and of course as mentioned earlier at least not a week before a greater holiday.

That should set the "reasonable" launch date at around 10-12th of December as 17th-19th of December is dangerously close to our oncoming winter holiday and it would have an negative impact on the success of the release event.

One month is clearly not enough to release a polished product, which would live up the the expectation and hype it has already created. Twinstars also hasn't yet started actively advertising the server, which is also a clear sign of an impending postponing of the release date.

The next greater window of opportunity would be around Easter, around March-April. As any further than that and the oncoming summer would have an negative effect on the release of the server aswell.

I'd say expecting this server around ~march-april would be reasonable.

It would give the project team enough time to finish, test and polish the product, prepare for a successful launch and also advertise the project and create a lot more hype to ensure a glorious initial release, which would live up to the expectations of the masses and ensure a steady rise in population, also the longetivity of the entire project.

It would also be for the best, as pushing for it and releasing a half-completed product would doom the entire project and discredit the entire Twinstars name, which they probably have discussed about and do not want to deal with under any circumstances. I doubt they would risk having all their hard work & their reputation being flushed away.

Nostalrius won't see daylight at least until next autumn - competition is non-existent and there is zero stress as nothing else seems to be on the rise, so Twinstars can allow it without jeopardizing anything.

I'm also certain that most of the players following this project don't really mind this and can also understand and see that it would only be for the best. If we take a moment to think about it - none of us want to see this project fail. Quite the opposite - we want to see it succeed and triumph and we should be willing to be patient and sacrifice a few more months as an investment as instead of it withering & dying, it would be a seed planted to see the project flourish for years to come.

I'm shooting from the hip, so you shouldn't take me seriously. All I have is a rational assumption based on reason, logic & knowledge based on observing how other successful enterprises have dealt with these matters. I do not hold any facts nor do I have any inside information.

But it would seem like a very reasonable scenario waiting to happen.

Last edited:
I think you apply what you've seen from game publishers to Twinstars too much.

While they definitely have a lot to do bringing a Vanilla experience bug free etc. it's not like they are coming up with a completely new game.

I also don't think they plan on advertising much. It's costly and in the end the community will do most of the word of mouth.

Considering launch date I think a couple of weeks after WoD would be an interesting timing with disgruntled players longing for some WoW but not the way it's done in this expac.

I sure wish it's not launching in 6-9 months as there is a 100% chance I'll be caught in something else by then... I'm not so good at waiting without doing anything :)

Well, server will most probably not launch at 100% and what i know, chero is capable of fixing one dung per 2 days. Each will add about 3% to the bar which means that there is still hope for release till 21 dec. But it will be released, when devs are satisfied with its state.

God... these walls of texts from Voltaire. :biggrin:
Most of the advertisement is already being is already being done ("from mouth to mouth"). And what is left to do, would be getting the ones, that don't know about this hyped.

As long as they delay unnecessary content till the server is up and running I see no problem with 21st dec.
Lets take AV as an example. I wouldn't mind if this BG is introduced 2 months after launch. As longs as I can expect it withon a reasonable time I am fine with it.

Go go Chero, you can do it.

God... these walls of texts from Voltaire. :biggrin:
Most of the advertisement is already being is already being done ("from mouth to mouth"). And what is left to do, would be getting the ones, that don't know about this hyped.

Spreading the word "mouth to mouth" can't really be labeled "advertisement" (That's what you did in highschool when your parents were out of town & you were throwing a party. As a result you convinced a whopping dozen girls to come to your party.) And no, it's not costly, it can be done for free, just have to have as many sources as possible and invest a bit more time & dedication into getting the word around through a dozen different means.

They also promised perfect scripting and they cannot deliver that on time. 1x rates with buggy & incomplete scripting doesn't look good (Besides not appealing to the 40% who wanted 2x rates they would also be failing the people who so vigilantly pushed for 1x rates, because "Hey! Everything will be perfectly scripted".)

Also the entire Kronos' team would be forced to babysit the freshly launched project and sacrifice their own holidays aswell. And I doubt they would get much work done with all the distractions coming IRL.

Also 21st of December would be a crappy day to release a server and they know it. 21st is winter solstice, which is the actual date of the planetary high point. The following days are just symbolic, so the celebrations will have already begun in many locations around the world and I'd be dancing around a fire somewhere with friends etc. By pagan tradition Winter Solstice is the actual magical day, the only reason to actually celebrate the Yule holiday.

A great portion (I'd say even the majority, if the community consists of "normal" people) of the potential player base will be busy with their friends/lovers/families until early January. And releasing the server because a hundred friendless zombies are so eager to lock themselves in their basements until 4th of January won't really make it a grand & successful event. Especially if they have to release an incomplete, unpolished project whils't they're at it.

Last edited:
Ok...have some work to do moire...but Easter....c mon...its too much time for waiting :crying:
Hope be around January max :tongue:

Delay it untill somewhere around january the 15th.
All know January is a grey month. a Kronos Release then would be.. Spectacular.

Sometime during the first week of January in my opinion would work best for everyone as it would keep the release away from the holidays and allow the team to help out with any issues and not be stressed away from family stuff!

But also, in january, there are a lot of exams for university students, which basicaly means less time for devs to fix things.

But also, in january, there are a lot of exams for university students, which basicaly means less time for devs to fix things.

Perhaps depending on where you live, I was just going with the assumption that sociocultural traditions are things people cannot miss whereas being more efficient with studying is independent with each person

Perhaps depending on where you live, I was just going with the assumption that sociocultural traditions are things people cannot miss whereas being more efficient with studying is independent with each person
But christmans is like one day, and learning for examns takes a lot of time. (still prefering january as I'll go skiing around new years)

I hope for it to release before or even on Christmas! It would be such a good "present" for us, the community! :redcepka:

Top Bottom