• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

So... then what?

Rerun

Hey guys and girls,

I'm browsing here from time and time waiting for the release, and sometimes I come up with something I have a question about. So here's another one:

Say all goes well, and the server runs good for say a year or so.
Now I do not know how fast the PvE content will be released but let's say hypothetically within 2 years mostly every good guild has cleared everything including Naxxramas.

What happens then?

Hey guys and girls,

I'm browsing here from time and time waiting for the release, and sometimes I come up with something I have a question about. So here's another one:

Say all goes well, and the server runs good for say a year or so.
Now I do not know how fast the PvE content will be released but let's say hypothetically within 2 years mostly every good guild has cleared everything including Naxxramas.

What happens then?

Well, that depends on when Kronos will implement the raids which wasn't presented at launch :)

Naxxramas was released about 2 years after game launch in the original vanilla etc.

Then you move to ARES and continue your epic journey with the TBC expansion or stay on Kronos to enjoy the oldschoolness even after you bested the final frontier.

Well a server can't be eternal but the adventure has not started yet so we have a lot of time before finishing the whole game ! Maybe is the content going to be added slowly in order to extend a bit the life of Kronos compared to what Blizzard did.

Then you move to ARES and continue your epic journey with the TBC expansion or stay on Kronos to enjoy the oldschoolness even after you bested the final frontier.

Right that's a viable answer.

If you're actually completely tired of Vanilla, (which I cannot imagine lol) you could move to Ares.

So, you can actually move the same character FROM Kronos TO Ares? How much does it cost if anything?

Btw, I do hope they release the content slowely.

Guys, at first try to clear full Naxx : ) DnT defeated 4th Horsemen after ~7 weeks after release. They`re one of the hardests bosses in WoW. What about me - I`m going to make PvE clean and leave WoW. Dead KT will be some kind of redemption from WoW to me.

Guys, at first try to clear full Naxx : ) DnT defeated 4th Horsemen after ~7 weeks after release. They`re one of the hardests bosses in WoW. What about me - I`m going to make PvE clean and leave WoW. Dead KT will be some kind of redemption from WoW to me.

This

Don't worry :tongue:

I'd actually love it if this server managed to follow the Blizzlike content release timing. It would give us nearly two years to enjoy Vanilla to its full extent. No reason to stretch it any longer, really, last thing I want to see is this server becoming like ED with its 16 months of BWL and counting. And sometime after Naxx there could be a TBC server or something. Not like Corecraft is going to be released by then anyway.

I don't think you neccessarily have to just get up and leave after some 2+ years...that's why it is called vanilla WoW--because it's not a 'conqueror and be done with it' kind of game.

I do though hope that the content release is in proportion to the population and amount cleared, I think that lead's to the best server health overall.

So, you can actually move the same character FROM Kronos TO Ares? How much does it cost if anything?

No, you can NOT atm. And everytime anything like this has been suggested, even on other datadisks, it was always shot down by the twinstar team. The only transfers possible were the ones where the whole "main" realm moved up on a new datadisk. TBC>WotLK; WotLK>Cata

But who knows, according to the great KG, Anything is possible.

Last edited:
No, you can NOT atm. And everytime anything like this has been suggested, even on other datadisks, it was always shot down by the twinstar team. The only transfers possible were the ones where the whole "main" realm moved up on a new datadisk. TBC>WotLK; WotLK>Cata

Alright I'm glad thats so.

What about character sale? I've heard something about that aswell.

Don't mean to derail my own thread but I was curious.

Stand in Org/IF and show off, what else? Then when someone gets close about to inspect you mount up and ride away.

What about character sale? I've heard something about that aswell.

Works on every realm, basically is an auction which functions like the ingame auction for items.
People who grow bored of their chars put them up for sale and other people can bid on them or straight buy them out. The system uses a form of donation points for prices and all that really happens is that a character gets transferred to the buyer's account, thus changing its owner.
Twinstar doesn't actually sell anything, apart from the currency, nor does it create characters for people to buy. If there were no people willing to part with their levelled toon, there'd be no option to buy one.

[CR]Wanted to link you the detailed Auction user's manual, but I found out it's only in Czech[/CR]:mad2:.
Edit: my bad, it actually is translated too: https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Auction/Manual.aspx
In order to acces that link you need to have a game account though. Shouldn't be a problem and you'll need one soon™ anyway.

Last edited:
Why you dont enjoy the way aka the journey you do instead of always looking at the end? Just enjoy the game. What will happen? Who knows? Time will tell.

If you ask about my opinion:
I think when time has come and naxxramas is completely released it should just stay like it is. Everything has an End somewhere and if you cant enjoy the game anymore without new content you just move on to chase new goals in life (or game :p).
Protacting things over and over again is never a good idea.

I for example will totally enjoy the end game state. Being geared out and just logging in for some casual PvP without being forced to play by raiding schedule or the need to PvP to not decay is in my opinion the best since my timetable wont let me play a lot.

I think the main goal here should be a server that stays alive even when old players quit. If it constantly has an influx of curious new players it won't die, unless the admins / devs mess it up like that they did with Feenix. Also with the high quality of Kronos, I think this server will last a long time if it can get up on its legs in the early days.

Last edited:
Let's try Kronos Release first before talking about its end, we still don't know how many we will be at the beginning and over the long term nor the final quality.

I personally have always hoped for a private server that wasn't afraid of releasing custom content.

Wouldn't have to be fancy, but possibly revamping a useless dungeon into a heroic hard mode. RFC for instance. I dont agree with the fact that a vanilla server should be only vanilla content. I mean, their shouldn't be any game breaking class changes or gear implemented from rewards. thats not what im looking for.

Just an epic 5 man that records who cleared it the fastest, that would be fun.

The only thing that I could imagine, what another server I played on did, is release the low level dungeons as level 60 versions.
We've done SFK with a 5 man group of testers recently and I was amazed how fun it was, but also sad that I probably won't run this dungeon more then 2 times, if even...

I've also wondered the same. I love vanilla, tbc, and wotlk. But I don't want to start all over on different realms/servers to get high quality expansion content. I'd like some sort of progression: when enough 60s have downed naxx, transfers to the TBC realm open, and so on.

I'll be happy if the server reaches the age of two with Naxx released and without inconvenient shutdowns. That's what always kept me off the private scene until a year ago, server stability, will I still have my characters 5 or 10 years from now? That sort of thing.

Last edited:
If you turn out to be full t3, which will take a while, you can always make an alt and do it all over again.

Top Bottom