• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Solid AV20s this weekend

JeRSeYMiKe

Good job K1 horde! We did great in our 20v20 alterac valley matches this weekend. sadly we ran out of people when the Europeans went to sleep

Yeah, nice games indeed. Ofc, AV is meant to be played 40v40 and hopefully the merge will solve that along with no games after EU bedtime.

Also, respect to the Alliance who kept queuing and putting up a fight even when Horde won 90% of the games.

Didn't play any games or log really during the weekend, but I can see it...

Alliance couldn't do shit to Drek, they were too few as 20 and that's because 15 out of 20 were green/blue geared characters farming reputation and at least 5 were shit retribution paladins, whereas that doesn't make any problems for Horde because they bug Vanndar for an easy kill game in - game out ))

Ok, nice joke :huh: Probably the least obvious one I've seen 2017.

edit: what's that Vanndar bug thing about? Tanking him in a corner? (serious question)

Last edited:
But it's not an exploit guys. Sure, Horde can ignore every marshall but it's not an exploit because we said so.

Whats stopping the ally from doing the same thing? AV is heavily skewed towards alliance so my sympathy is pretty damn low. We get double the chokepoints, and defending 1st aid is 10x easier than defending relief hut.

When you combine both backdooring the aid station which is most common and bug pulling van I'd say horde has quite the advantage

Gotta love alliance dudes complaining about exploting in a battleground which is heavily favored for them. Keep it up!

I doubt that it's "heavily" favored for alliance. And even then, that argument becomes all but void if horde is just jumping right to Vans doorstep.

12 years in and you still can't see that alliance has it alot easier in AV. lel

its not the map.
aliens vs whorde in av always be like
TJIyESb.jpg

Reactions: dms
12 years in and you still can't see that alliance has it alot easier in AV. lel

Kek. Give me some examples of these "heavily" advantages that are so profound that they compensate for Horde using backdoor and ignoring the marshals.

no LoS on chokepoints (horde PoV)
- can't hide on bridge
- can't hide at stonehearth
- small passage to stormpike, easily blocked
wide area arround "chokepoints" (alliance PoV)
- field of strife infront of iceblood
- wide area behind iceblood
- wide area infront of base
towers
- easier to defend, healing from upper levels possible (applies for both once taken, ofc)
- harder to LoS towers
bunker roof at aids
- easy to deny caps, eve if you are alone
relief hut < aids

fucking backdoor... you can do some pretty good jumps on horde side aswell. no to mention that you can enter the horde base from virtually any side with minimal effort.
also cockblock paladin bubbles make caps alot harder. same thing that applies to AB applies here aswell

you ever played horde, fam?

Queues will get better with merge, developing Naxx and raiding Naxx itself will last for a loong time so plenty of time to pvp, dont worry boiz :)

When you combine both backdooring the aid station which is most common and bug pulling van I'd say horde has quite the advantage
This is sadly a very common horde AV tactic lately and whenever it looks like they are losing the race, they simply do this bug-pull and get a free win in about 6-7 minutes.

The GM who handled it probably just whispered them "Please play fair, thank you" and left it at that. It will take some major whining for them to actually do something about it, I'm afraid. So if you feel this needs to end, start posting about it, A LOT. Let them hear your voice.

The GM who handled it probably just whispered them "Please play fair, thank you" and left it at that. It will take some major whining for them to actually do something about it, I'm afraid. So if you feel this needs to end, start posting about it, A LOT. Let them hear your voice.
FUCKING HORDE ABUSING AV 5 MINUTE WINS NO FAIR BUG MARSHALLS REPORT FUTILIAN LADOW WARSS DELTHAR GLADIATUS
HORDE CHEATERS NICE BUG MARSHALLS EASY 5MIN WINS

Allies have a massive map advantage in AV (especially in frostwolf base), leashing marshalls isn't unique to horde. Allies don't want to be sportsmanlike and instead try and steal more advantages is all. If there is a bug in AI pathing, that should be fixed but unrelated to horde being horde.

Horde have backdoor straight to aids station (south from the stables) which is not hard to learn. Point is that you can completely avoid the bridge choke altogether. They also reach alliance base faster than alliance reach horde base.

On the other hand, Alliance have no other way than to go through the choke point climbing the hill before the two frostwolf towers (yes you can jump around the palisade on the lower level but you still have to go through the middle building and up the hill towards towers, no way around it), at which point they have to option of going to the right around the fence, for all that it is worth. And relief hut is still safely hidden behind the two towers and easily defended.

But yeah, Alliance have massive advantage. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom