• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Soul link spec sucks?

Jeeve

I heard people saying that soul link build is for ppl who don't know how to play cuz warlock has amazing burst potential.

Also is it true that soul link can be dispelled by either dispel magic(priest), purge(shaman) or tranquilizing shot(hunter)? You should be able to dispell it from the warlock's pet and thus removing the buff.

First things first, SL is fine. Its usually easier to play then other specs as it is more, so to say, forgiving. You have more room for error. Especially against casters.

SL has alot less burst then any other lock spec, so much is true. The spec relies more on constant damage and survivability then nuking.

It is also true that SL can be dispelled from the pet (priest, shaman). If you keep an eye on it and rebuff it this isn't a problem though.

SL locks are fucking annoying to play against. Grab T1 or T2 and roll some face. Its good fun imo.

On a sidenote: after they figured out you are SL, rogues will usually avoid you.

those idiets not worth to spend cds
as lhastr said it can be fun and pretty effective if you just controlling mid by dropping dots n stuff on all shitters u see.
havent burst damage, cant kite cos no CoEx, havent range improvement talents like grim/destructive reach
but have improved spellstone, -10% phys dmg if have void, -30% all dmg when SL active (easiest way to keep it just install powerauras and put SL on invert effect, icon will appear when its not up), can resummon pet in 1 sec with feldom+2/2 master summoner which says bout best warlock survivability spec.
in my eyes SL looks like a prot warrior on bg but with some cc and dispel/silence potential if have felhunter up.
dueling wise imo best spec vs rogue (or maybe anyone else if consumables banned), cos with current content, and maybe vanilla in common, if u havent 5k+ hp unbuffed ull be fukd by good geared rog in a cheapshot cb evis ambush. it looks like warrior who equip tank gear vs melees but oh well.
rogue perspective dueling vs warlock looks like this
8.3k hp (sic!)[video=youtube;lKDKvyDPAMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDKvyDPAMw[/video]
looks like duel should end at first 30 seconds but oh wait
put dots, tbag
you can see that rogue cd use isnt really effective but kinda necessary for goddamn survive that shit
personally id like to use that spec in vanilla only when you havent some rogue mate who gonna take melee shitters from ur ass
otherwise its pretty lame imo, can be kinda fun like play 50k hp prot warri at wotlk vs arms, kill them and say "PWNED"

tl:dr same what ltahrs said but rogue perspective\
yTlsK9c.gif

Last edited:
Might have to change that.

They can still kill you, but will usually avoid you as fighting against you is a major pain in the ass.

so let's say u play gnome lock. Would you go CoEx or soul link vs undead rogue?

And if u choose soul link would you choose nightfall or shadowburn along side with it?

I think alliance lock has an advantage with a nightfall spec in bg's since horde has only priest to dispell.

i guess here's the answer
[video=youtube;s0iXnNHb59I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0iXnNHb59I[/video] 18:30
aka SL+SB

SL+sburn -> survivability, less control, no range
nightfall/destro -> burst, long range spells
affliction/destro -> best control, long range spells, burst
destro -> burst, no range for affliction spells

You seem to understand my point now. Against good alliance groups your dots will hardly ever stay up as either a paladin cleanses them or a priest dispells them. Its irritating.

With CoEx and good kiting they must needs blow some CDs to get you.
As first, especially against melee heavy teams, I recommend SL. Mostly for the one reason already mentioned, you got more room for error.
Beeing gnome makes the spec even more forgiving. If you get caught in hamstring/crippling EA might save your ass.

Like Lharts said I agree.

Eveyone wants to see high dmg of shadowbolts then SL is not for u.
SL is constant dmg with high survivability.

With SL build chainining this in 1vs1---->Consume void to get 2k+shield----->shield down?---->With Demo talents u nearly get instant Void summon+repeat and get shield--->Like a 5k shield always with u.Crazy survivability.

Top Bottom