• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Spell damage enhance shamans potentially viable?

SuperomegaOP

not sure if its any good but i think shamans have the possibility of being a hybrid melee spell damage build similar to the way paladins can use seal of righteous builds.
basically the main premise for both classes is instead of going the standard 2h full/near-full melee physical damage and basically being inferior warriors, you instead stack spell damage from the D2/T2 sets(which also have have str) and various caster items and use a 1h + off-hand to deal damage via seal/judgement of righteous + consecration for paladins and flametounge weapon + shocks + totems for shamans.

for ret paladins this spec is the most damaging but because the play style is unorthodox and the fact that you kinda need to steal some pieces from casters, its not widely used. however for shamans i think it could be even greater and potentially deal very nice damage, more so than spell damage paladins.

the spec i whipped up: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0kx0hoZxVcbVMuL it needs some tweaking but it looks promising.

flurry plays a big part because most of your damage is gonna come from auto-attacks + flametounge weapon. its best to have a fast weapon because flametounge weapon spell damage coefficient is the same(10%) regardless of how fast the weapon is, so more hits = more damage.

at this point paladins are limited to mostly maces which usually aren't very fast but shamans on the other hand can use daggers! a caster daggers such as
Fang of Venoxis are the perfect weapons. getting flurry with this dagger allows you to get a sub-1 second attack speed at .91s which is stupidly fast.

the only problem is that between d2 and T2 the only other sets with both str/agi and int/spellpower are the pvp sets. so outside of already stealing off-pieces and weapons from casters, the only way to get better(optimized) gear until AQ is to grind out pvp ranks.

i obviously haven't tested this shaman build before, its all speculation at this point but im willing to bet it would do very well if given the chance.

Last edited:
well i got all r14 gear and every shaman item.

its turds

in raid pve setup my crits are over 3k with 2 second lightning bolt. i dont care if your dagger is .25 attack speed its gonna have to hit real fucking hard to match it.

Last edited:
well i got all r14 gear and every shaman item.

its turds

in raid pve setup my crits are over 3k with 2 second lightning bolt. i dont care if your dagger is .25 attack speed its gonna have to hit real fucking hard to match it.

if you can do 3k crits with downranked LB then why isn't ele viable?

Why would anyone use downranked LB?
Ele is sort of viable but it falls short because it doesn't have a curse or any synergy. Mages have winter's chill or scorch, warlocks have imp shadowbolt AND shadow weaving... shamans have excellent spell power scaling but it can't compensate for being 20-25% dps behind by default.

if you can do 3k crits with downranked LB then why isn't ele viable?

http://kronos-logs.com/boss_info/boss/Gehennas

I have only DPS"d ever once in Molten Core. One single time. I have every server shaman record for every fight except Domo and Golemagg (Letspartybro is elemental sometimes as well). Also keep in mind I beat mage and warlock in MC on many fights. If I ever DPS again I would do even more damage. Keep in mind I am missing tons of high priority mage/warlock gear (Nel's Tear).

Last edited:
Im giving some hightlights here, based on enh shamans in Rebirth, who actually raid as dps.

-Your build:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hEzzV0hoZxVbdVMhx

-Gear: Spell damage gear on ALL slots
-Weapon: slowest, higher damage possible 2h weapon, or Nightfall

The thing is, casting doesnt reset swing timer. So, you cast LB>autoattack>LB>autoattack all day long at melee range. Basically youre an elemental shaman, with WF addition between casts.

You can do competitive dps that way, not the best but still viable while giving raid benefits, as opposite to full enhance built shaman

Seplldagame enhancement shaman do more damage by himself than an agility/strength enhancement.
21/30/0 build
Elemental fury shall and do buff FT and FB. They are both affected by spell damage. FT are affected by mage imp.scorch buff. Your FT and FB will be affected vy spell crit. Your elemental devastation will have meaning because your spell crit is high so your shock will crit and give you a 9% crit bonus that will affect your flurry uptime.

FT
10% of your spell damage
15% increased damage from Elemental Weapons
15% increased damage from Improved Scorch
10% increased damage from Curse of Elements
100% crit damage from Elemental Fury

FB
10% of your spell damage
15% increased damage from Elemental Weapons
10% increased damage from Curse of Elements
100% crit damage from Elemental Fury

And yes FT and FB should be affectd by elemental fury. But they should not affect elemental devastation or clearcasting.

This is blizzlike.

Try it you like it

I've read that the lightning bolt is interrupting the auto attack swings, is that right? How can I properly cast lightning bolts in between my 2h auto attacks?

You cannot. Yes, casting doesn't interrupt autoattack, but it resets your swing timer. That means, your autoattack changes from:
stabby - 2s wait - stabby again
into autoattack like this:
stabby - lightning bolt - 2s wait - stabby again
By casting a lightning bolt, you're delaying your next autoattack, which means you're losing damage.

You can cast Shock spells, which are instant and won't reset your swing timer, but you will most likely run out of mana long before a boss is dead.

Now, this thread is a necro from 2016, so I will react only to Makoto's nonsense.
You're really considering taking Frostbrand? A single chance to proc 175(+sp) Frost damage, instead of Windfury, which is a chance to proc 2x extra autoattack damage + 2 extra times Flametongue proc damage? I think you need to do the maths dude.

Thanks for the reply and the good example. What do you recommend to play? I can't decide to focus on spell damage and spamming shocks alongside with WF auto attacks or strength + attack damage.

If you want to go melee, there is no choice - 2h melee + windfury is the only way.
The guys above didn't tell you that Shammys cannot dual wield on vanilla. The mentioned 1h + offhand means caster offhand, but the spec discussed here will never give you more DPS than the 2h WF melee build. I didn't test it, but I'm pretty sure about it :)

First off all doing dps in pve make it viable to use cloth gear to get spell damage up. The mail spell damage gear and especially the spell crit comes later in game. I don't have any videos to show. But it does do better damage in pve. And even better later when you get spell crit because of the stats shown above with Elemental Fury etc. I will not play Enhancement on K3. But if anyone does do pick up spell damage gear and use a: https://classicdb.ch/?talent#hE0kx0hoZxVbdVMhx As i explain earlier Elemental Fury do effect weapon enchants. That is blizzlike. Your shocks will hit like a truck. And you will crit with them and that will proc Elemental Devastation. That give you 9% crit. That will make you proc Flurry and that makes yopu do even more damage.

Top Bottom