• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Spell damage Paladin

Makoto

[FONT=&amp]Hello[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Have some few questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Seal of Rightousness[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]From autoattacks: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Judgment SoR: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Seal of Command:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]From autoattacks: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Judgement SoC: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Weapon proc (fire, frost, nature and holy dmg procs)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] Will the weaponproc be affected by spellpower?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Will the weapon proc be able to crit?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]If its a holy dmg proc will it be affected by Sanctity aura?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What i want is to build a spell damage based retribution paladin with, Spell damage, int, mp 5 as main stats. And i am thinking that weapons affect how i build it, if i go 1-hander or 2-hander etc. I have 2 builds im thinking of.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]SoR build:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...=25050100000000053000000000000152303502003150 [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]SoC build:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...=55000100000000053000000000000252303512003150[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If i do go a Spell dagame build what would you suggest. i want to try it and make it as good as possible. And why do you think as you do?

I heard that SoR can't crit and SoC affected by melee crit. So if that is the case there are no point in going int on a Spell damage Paladin because they either can't crit or are not affected by int as crit stat? So spec spell damage paladin only "works" as soon as you can get hold of gear with spell damage.[/FONT]

There is no spell damage paladin on vanilla.
You have to go full Ret with warrior gear (crit, str,agi) for pve. Not that spell power hurts to have but unless t2.5/pvp gear there are just no items that combine spellpower and good amount of melee stats.
For pvp you can try a lot of specs depending on what you want to do.

When you can get some T2 gear that have a "weird" mix of all stats and spellpower you can experiment but still SoR will be hitting really low and SoC is superior in most cases.

Sorry to dissapoint you but you can't really have many options in spellpower dps for pve, especially with SoR.
If it is pvp you have in mind there are a lot more options (Holy Shock spec, Reckoning Spec, Deep Ret-repentace spec) but it all depends on your playstyle and what you want to do.

Last edited:
There is no spell damage paladin on vanilla.
You have to go full Ret with warrior gear (str,agi,crit) for pve.
For pvp you can try a lot of specs depending on what you want to do.

When you can get some T2 gear that have a mix of all stats and spellpower you can experiment but still SoR will be hitting really low and SoC is superior in most cases.

Sorry to dissapoint you but you can't really have many options in spellpower dps for pve.
If it is pvp you have in mind there are a lot more options (Holy Shock spec, Reckoning Spec, Deep Ret-repentace spec) but it all depends on your playstyle and what you want to do.

Well....
https://youtu.be/ay7RU0N-44Y

You need t2, zg trinket and meteor trinket to become kind of 3minute paladin which can do some decent hits if lucky, but that is it. When you are lucky.

i assume OP is talking about PvE though since he hasn't picked any of the important talents for PvP.

ofc roll azuresong, craft bloodvine, get ignite cord, cloak of consumption
so warlocks and mages will hate you even more

Does that really outperform normal enhancement with Stormstrike?

Off topic: If you look at the shamans own dmg it does in pve. For the raid/group with no ss i dont know. You stack spell damage, Int and Mp 5.
Spell crit will make Elemental devastation 9% crit to be up alot. (its almost usless with str/agil spec in vanilla)
Elemental fury buffs FT and FB. It also buffs some weapon procs.
FT and FB ignore armor. ofc MC you need to use FB instead of FT.

I don't know how it whas in vanilla, but some private servers FT/FB crits also start up Flurry. Even if they dont Elemental devastation will make that proc aswell alot.

Ex FT
10% of your spell damage
15% increased damage from Elemental Weapons
15% increased damage from Improved Scorch
10% increased damage from Curse of Elements
100% crit damage from Elemental Fury

Last edited:
Top Bottom