• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Spell Lock in PvP

Am I the only one who has this spell resisted all the time in PvP? I can't rely on it at all, especially on undead. That +10 SR racial might as well be +200 for how effective it seems to be against my spells.

Moppsta

I've noticed this as well, but on mobs. All the mobs that I would imagine have a small shadow resistance (Shadowhide Gnolls in Redridge, for example, or the Spectral Marines and Spectral Soldiers in Wetlands) resist my shadow abilities constantly. I'm talking like 3-5 resists for every spell I cast for a mob 1 or 2 levels below me.

I'm all for mobs having the Blizzlike resists and all that, but clearly something's wrong here in the translation of actual resist stats to the % chance of that mob/player to resist spells of that element. It's one of the only things I've noticed so far that is clearly wrong, but hopefully the devs see this and fix it.

I solved my PvP problem by buying a Rune of Perfection (Reduces target's resists by 20) and it really is outrageous how much of a difference it makes. It's like a trinket that gives +5% hit. That's basically Naxx-level gear.. except it's level 40.

Lharts

Authorized
Yeah, I've done the same. Without Rune of Perfection I won't even PvP anymore. If my ToEP is on CD I even equip the smaller version with 10 anti-resi.

Math is pretty simple:
10/300 * 0.75 = 2.5%

Add shadow resistance buff:
70/300 * 0.75 = 17.5%

Shadow resistance buff alone gives you 15% resist chance on the spell :)
-20 removes 5%, just like you said.
With MC gear almost everyone has at least 20 shadow resistance so its adviced to use the trinket.

Top Bottom