• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Spell reflect trinkets vs AoE spells?

Epyon

How do they work here? Like if I pop frost reflect trinket right before a mage frost nova?

I'm not totally sure, but on retail Vanilla I seem to recall it not reflecting AoE, instead it made you immune to them while the trinket was up. Is this right?

1: you cannot reflect aoe abilities
2: reflect needs to be up before a spell has been fired so if the buff is on 0.1 seconds before a pyroblast is shot then it will be reflected but if it is after then it won't.
3: reflect doesn't equal immunity it just redirects the attack back at the caster so if frost nova, blizzard or rain of fire then you would still take damage and be hit

note: i played retail from beta until now where i still play from time to time, so i am quite sure reflect never granted any form of immunity :wink:. you can also look it up on wowwiki and in the patches if you search for it.

The above is correct from my memory as well. I had a druid w/ engineering with the shadow reflector, and it was a great equalizer when fighting a Warlock to make them eat their own Fear. It was usable in animal forms too, at all stages of pre BC. Against a priest though, I knew it was worthless against their PBAoE fear.

Dam, maybe I'm goin senile already. :wacko:

oh well, thanks for the info :smile:

Reflector will make you immune to a frost nova,but not reflecting it

I would like to point out that those comments are from 2.0.1 or rather the day 2.0.1 was released :wink:

i couldn't find evidence in the 2.0.1 patch note's but as we know blizzard doesn't always write everything in that so is there any better evidense like a video as Psojed requested ? when i read the comment by darkarsenic it sounds more like it is something that has been changed since he starts with "Great use now" as if it wasn't that good before

AoE is not quite correct, you will also reflect any spell where a projectile is fire directly at you, even if that spell affects multiple targets. Spells like a shadowbolt volley for example.

reflect affect's any projectile or effect that is directly aimed at you however rain of fire, blizzard or effect's that hit all within the area can still hit the reflect.

For example Fear would be reflected as well as Shadow bolt volley but against "Rain of Fire" you would still take damage since it isnt a projectile or aimed at you similar to how it wont protect you against Onyxias "Deep Breath" or environment's like Lava.

note: there are 93x Breath's on the twinhead, i believe that there should only be one or a few

Last edited:
Top Bottom