• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

sRaidFrames = disconnects?

zork

Authorized
So after installing Sraidframes, both me and a friend immediately started getting rather frequent DCs in large raid environments (Onyxia and alterac valley so far, did not happen in UBRS or AB as of yet, and we haven't been to MC).

It's absolutely caused by sraidframes; my friend got the addon few days before me, and during an Onyxia she disconnected 4-5 times in a few minutes and then disabled the addon -> no more DCs.

After couple of days testing we narrowed down the cause to the Accurate range check (which also means the Combined range check, albeit slightly less frequently). Light range check works fine, but having a 40y check is sort of the point of those raid frames.

Anyone else had this happen? Possible to fix?

The problem might be the server:
In order to prevent spam, ddos etc and increase the performance, the server implemented a mechanic to kick player that send too many messages (AddonMessages etc.) of a type per certain time. Addons like SRaidframes and LunaUnitFrames combined with lots of other addons might be able to surpass this limit in this time, which will result in a dc for the player.

I don't know exactly how the 40 y range check works but I assume it has something to do with combat log parsing and heavy syncing.

That said, I don't think you can fix the SRaidFrames itself then, if you don't know lua. However you might start looking into your addons and research if the syncing is the problem that dcs you by deactivating heavy sync addons like luna, SW_Stats, DPSMate, KTM and others.

cheers!

I deactivated all other addons and only ran sraidframes + its dependency (Zorlen library). Still DCd. Sraidframes uses "IsActionInRange" for the accurate range check, and requires a 40yard healing spell to be on the main action bar. The function is resource heavy indeed, but didn't cause disconnects on another server.

Try to deactivate this IsActionInRange function in the script. Didnt know that this is considered a message as well^^

Lets see if that one causes the dc.

I can't right now but I'll try later. But as I wrote in the OP, I already pinned the 40yard check as the cause for DCs.

If you choose the Light range option which doesn't use IsActionInRange, and instead provides a 40yard check outdoors and in battlegrounds with "GetPlayerMapPosition", and only a 28yard check in instances, you do not get these disconnects. Thanks for answering

some of the lua functions that req. an answer from the server are causing disconnects (if you use them too often in short time)...had the same problem with the SendWho()

Indeed, I opened the options.lua and managed to increase the time between the range checks slightly. By default it was sending requests to the server in very very rapid succession.

No DCs so far :) and addon still updating range pretty much live

Indeed, I opened the options.lua and managed to increase the time between the range checks slightly. By default it was sending requests to the server in very very rapid succession.

No DCs so far :) and addon still updating range pretty much live

sraidframes is using IsActionInRange every ~1.3 sec (configureable) - but up to 40 players! these are 40 server requests! not sure how will this will work out in a full raid

It didn't, as I said was getting DCd in 40man raids (AV and onyxia). I increased the "accurate range frequency factor" by quite a bit and it seems to have done the trick.

Top Bottom