• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Stance macro

frederik

Authorized
I have bound the stances to my mouse wheel so I can quickly switch between stances with up or down scroll or click. It works pretty good this way for me. I have only one issue. Up scroll for example is berserker stance. But when I am already in berserker stance and accidentally scroll up I lose all my rage points except 10 (Tactical Mastery) as if I had changed stances. What would be very helpful for me is a macro that only changes into a stance if I am not already in that stance. How can I do that?

I'm using two such macros. I know the syntax is ugly, but it gets the job done.

Battle -> Defensive -> Berserker -> Battle:
Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

Battle -> Berserker -> Defensive -> Battle:
Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;

Thanks that was very helpful. I had to modify it a little since the macro I wanted should get me into a stance only when I am not already in it

Battle Stance
Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

Defensive Stance
Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;

Berserker Stance
Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;

No idea what you mean. The two macros I posted are working just the way you specify. Switching into a stance whilst you're already in it is impossible with those.

No idea what you mean. The two macros I posted are working just the way you specify. Switching into a stance whilst you're already in it is impossible with those.

Yea but I guess my approach is another. As far as I understood it (I have no experience with macros)

Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;

first determines whether Battle Stance is active and switches in Defensive Stance only when this is true.

But the way I changed it

Code:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;

it is determined whether Defensive Stance is active and I only switch into Defensive Stance if this is false. So I have a Devensive Stance button on my action bar bound to my mouse wheel. If I use it and I am already in Defensive Stance nothing happens. I wanted that, for example, switching from Defensive Stance into Defensive Stance is not possible (because I might lose rage), which it is if you have bound stances to the action bar.

Last edited:
If you bind mousewheel up and down to 2 different stances, what do you do with 3rd? Horo's macros are very useful if you are used to mousewheel stancedancing. I used to do it but it limits the vision angles/distances you can get in raid(yes i use mousewheel to zoom in some places coz its super handy).

Personally i prefer double-tap macros to stancedance, which you can use once to switch a stance, and double-pressing that will use the ability

/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Rage"); else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;

is my zerker stance + zerker rage macro, for example. There are many other styles to play with, check old penix forums for macros as well im sure they had quite a lot of those.

Last edited:
If you bind mousewheel up and down to 2 different stances, what do you do with 3rd? Horo's macros are very useful if you are used to mousewheel stancedancing. I used to do it but it limits the vision angles/distances you can get in raid(yes i use mousewheel to zoom in some places coz fps drops in max distance).

I have berserker berserker stance on up and battle stance on down scroll and enter defensive stance when I click the mouse wheel. I zoom with the mouse wheel too but I just hold the control key to do so.
Everybody is different but this is very responsive for me and I can switch stances very quickly like that.

Last edited:
Horo's macros are very useful if you are used to mousewheel stancedancing...

Personally i prefer double-tap macros to stancedance, which you can use once to switch a stance, and double-pressing that will use the ability...

Why not use both? At least that's what I do :eek:

Why not use both? At least that's what I do :eek:

I used to do it as well but i had other uses in mind(like zoom, raid marks, movement/strafe) for mousewheel and buttons so im using only double taps now.

Its actually better in the way that when you switch to Battle, its %90 of the time in order to use OP; when you switch to defensive its usually in order to disarm someone etc etc. On mousewheel cycling you need to use another keybind for the action itself and that takes time, double tapping is a bit superior <imho>.

@frederik oh i see. well you dont need complicated macros for it then, merely adding an extra line would prevent you from activating same stance you are in :) e.g.

/cast defensive stance
/spit

:))

razer-naga-2014-4-of-8-100048112-gallery.jpg

Got this one myself. It's really nice once you get used to it.

Top Bottom