• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Start an official Kronos stream on Twitch

Hogger

I think this would be an excellent way to promote the server. In the very brief time I was just on Twitch watching a guy stream from the valkyrie vanilla server, he recruited several people from chat to join that server. Some of the people were shocked (and thrilled) that it was even possible to still play Vanilla.

It seems to be a highly effective, and free, way to get the word out.

Last edited:
I've promoted the server in stream too, but always tried to do it non-aggressive (like spam). Gotta give a shout out to streamer "Polightpilot" on WoW section.

And keep in mind since you definitely watched Tso (he will play on Kronos), he streams his game as "World of Warcraft" instead of "World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria" so it's MUUUUCH harder for people to actually find his stream. So you'd reach even more players otherwise.

But an "official" Kronos stream right now would either be showing closed beta content or content development (by the admins) and I don't think it would really be interesting to watch for most people. In fact, some might take it the wrong way and assume Kronos is "so bugged" because they broke some things in the middle of fixing others or because they simply haven't gotten around to fixing certain mechanics etc.

Yes, Tso was the streamer. He seems like a cool guy. I hope he plays on Kronos.

Testing is not really appealing to watch, trust me. What Schaka says it 100% right. People are (don't hate me for this one) moronic.
While fixing you sometimes had the weirdest things happen. When Chero reworked the scaling for mobs a lot of critters were running arround while beeing dead. Showing that to the average player will definetly make them question the quality of the server.

On the other hand, for me it was amazing to see how fast Chero was able to fix some issues. When I first logged as tester I reported a bug that annoyed me really badly. Instant flag caps in wsg when flag is returned.
3 minutes later the server restarts and it works...
People would also get amazed by this, but thats not how it usually works.

I rember when i reported Emperor in BRD , Fixed in 10 minute , i was speechless

Just maybe shortly before the launch, there might be a promotional stream, but that is just a maybe.

When the server launches, we have plans to link up your streams in our media section.

But for now, it makes more sense to just release some showcase videos for you to watch.

Perhaps as well if 'publicity' was needed, a current Popular WOW streamer could check Kronos out (especially during the first initially hype week of release). With 15k+ people watching, tons of them are bound to be curious :)

well unless you are from the team such as Kronoez you cannot make such a decision since when you become a part of the testers here or anywhere for that matter then you agree to not publishing anything from the test server.

but the weekly video's they launch are way better promotional than a single person streaming ever could be unless you stream something like a raid in which case it would be better to use such footage in 1 of the video's so i think it is best leaving "streaming" until the server is released and then the players can stream since the server has nothing major to hide by then.

note: i am curiously waiting for this week's promo fix-video :laugh:.

I know once the server is released i'll be streaming

I might even stream 1-60 non stop stream if my friend wants to alternate shifts :p

New 1-60 World record?

Mabye I'll set up a bot under another Twitch account and see how fast anyone notices that the 24/7 stream isn't actually run by someone playing the game.
Or what would be even more interesting, TwitchPlaysPokemon with Vanilla WoW. But I think you'd have to actually hook the game in order to do that, which goes against the rules.

1. create hunter
2. tame pet
3. pet aggressive
4. place next to mobs spawn
5. 24h stream

Well Lharts you get no credit if you pet kills the mob 100%. I actually dont remember if its only loot that you miss, or even xp aswell. Anyway i don't think that'll work. Besides what to do when mobs are gray to you? :p

Well Lharts you get no credit if you pet kills the mob 100%. I actually dont remember if its only loot that you miss, or even xp aswell. Anyway i don't think that'll work. Besides what to do when mobs are gray to you? :p

From what I recall you just don't receive loot. However, you still can receive experience

Pretty sure if your stream was highlighted to an admin, or sparked interest with a high view count, you would be asked to stop streaming or have your twitch account banned by twitch admins. Like with Sodapoppin.

Regardless i'd still say stream your gameplay, just be warned.

I'm thinking about streaming kronos also, i only stream dota2 atm.

1. create hunter
2. tame pet
3. pet aggressive
4. place next to mobs spawn
5. 24h stream

you would become afk after some time and then dc'ed, also you would be quite easy prey to the opposing faction and after 1 death all you will do is collect gametime.

[video=youtube;wQs18R4Puls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQs18R4Puls[/video]

I just go to remote places. There are plenty.

Crow i think Lharts is trolling :p Being afk for 24/h would also mean mobs would be grayed out long before those 24 hours are up.. So it would be all but efficient leveling. However if Lharts chose to modify this a bit, so the player would move etc itself. It would be botting which should result in instant perm ban.

Actually I plan to level an alt like this. Every time I log with my main I let my alt hunter stand arround autokilling mobs. I would just alt+tab from time to time to check how hes doing.
Mobs don't gray out that fast btw. They respawn every few minutes and you need quite alot (infact a few hundred on higher levels) to ding.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847766569
In the old days hunter went into spots where mobs spawn fast and go afk and the pet killed mobs (giving em xp )
Prove when it got fixed cause it obviously worked at some point.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.10.0
I only find an entry that reputation gain is not possible anymore.

well considering that it was fixed in 1.10.0 and the server uses 1.12.1 i would assume that it had been fixed by then, most likely 1 of their stealth changes which blizzard did countless times when it wasn't a well known thing or they didn't want to admit or discuss a change.

Pretty sure if your stream was highlighted to an admin, or sparked interest with a high view count, you would be asked to stop streaming or have your twitch account banned by twitch admins. Like with Sodapoppin.

Regardless i'd still say stream your gameplay, just be warned.

I'm thinking about streaming kronos also, i only stream dota2 atm.
Smooth McGroove (famous youtuber) streamed with over 1000 viewers on Valkyrie. Admins put him on the Twitch frontpage. Other streamers already got Twitch permission to stream on Corecraft. So basically: No.

Last edited:
Top Bottom