• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Suggestiom] Guild Feature

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest an in-game guild feature that automatically demotes a Guild-Master once he has been offline for 1-3 month's, the highest ranked "active" player is then promoted to guild master. If the old guild-master log's in and types a specific command within 1 month of him loosing the guild-master status he will be promoted back and the temporary guild master is again demoted even if he has left the guild as long as he doesn't join another in the meantime.

This is to prevent guild's dying due to a guild-master leaving the game for a longer duration of time and should it happen that the gm just took a long break/vacation he can return to being gm with a single command if it hasn't been too long.

If your guild has a guildmaster who goes away on a whim without saying anything it was not a very good guild anyway.
If your guild doesnt have officers who can manage the guild while the guild master is on a break/away it was not a very good guild anyway.

couldn't agree more, but even so the guild master might start playing another game and that is not the fault of the entire guild just being bad but rather common issue in fact. but i do agree it is most common among badly managed guilds but an officer cannot always do all the chores of a gm unless he was granted it and leveling guild aren't really good but they still deserve someone to lead it.

another additional suggestion would be that if an entire guild remains offline for 6-12 month's the guild is disbanded and another person can then make a guild with that name :wink:

If there is a tool to pass the leadership in the guild - it would be perfect.

There is, simply promote someone else to GM and step down yourself.

@Crowlock; Like I said, if your guild was being run by someone who simply takes off and leaves the guild crashing or you leaving yourself is not a bad thing, and probably something that should have happened even earlier.
The officers should only help the GM, or do his chores for a short amount of time. If the GM leaves he should make someone else GM.

Well this is enough. I never ran a guild so I didn't know. But there were problems in a guild that gm vanished for good and there was no single leadership and... you know democracy is not working in wow.

this was added in Cataclysm, so I guess it won't sit right with the OMGBLIZLIKE!!1! people.
Anyway, it's not really a big deal to form another guild if somehow you end up in this situation. When it's only the GM who's the problem it's a matter of a few minutes to leave, sign another charter and reinvite other members. It's not like on latter expansions where you would lose the guild bank content.

not really much of a discussion for blizzlike purists since it wouldn't affect them but rather make sure that if a gm goes away and the guild remains active they can regain control on their own through time.

some guilds just like their name and leaving guild after guild name will just keep on reducing the good names one by one.

well it is just a minor suggestion for guilds so i don't really care, just thought it put it out there to see the opinion of others

Last edited:
Top Bottom