• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Suggestion] advertisement

camreq

Lets try to send a message to some editor of games-show like czech re-play and ask for short clip with something like ... hey yea there will be opening of new unique project, blah blah blah..show some repaired mechanics etc.
- to get some extra players. hm?

ofc some time before the server is released.

If u want to attract this kind of players i would recommend to just do this in the very moment the server releases.
So if anyone is intrested he can start playing now, bcs most of them wouldn't track the progress for some months and forget about the whole project before it is even released.

yea i know. but i have no info about exact start of the server + no info about that how this tv show works..

Of course they would. Especially players who are eager to try classic out or relive it.
Known streamers can make a huge difference. There was a suggestion before to contact "famous" gamers to advertise this server.

If i get permission of someone who is part of the leadership, i could try to contact someone, as you say "famous".

Em, when you mention Re-play - they will not cooperate with twinstar simply because private servers violate Blizzards terms of use. However, in czech republic, emulation is not against it, but changing realmlist in game folder is against it, so they would publicly and oficialy encourage people to violate these terms of use which is against law.

I've seen a Twinstar-themed ad stand at the local mall in the city I live. The stand was equipped with LCD that played Twinstar trailer on repeat and there were used official Blizz artworks like Lich King illustrations and so. I guess this legal mumbo-jumbo is not so serious if this is possible :lol: The mall is a private property after all but I had pretty good laugh on that.

Hmm, Re-play politely declined : they prefer to introduce preview of a new game, than spend a minute for project like that. :blink:

Your best option is an active gaming forums. Must be one where YOU are actually ACTIVE on. Making a new account just to advertise is a really bad idea.

Anyone else here active on teamliquid.net? I tried to bump their Vanilla WoW thread but it's kind of hard alone and it becomes pretty obnoxious if I'm the only one posting there.

Top Bottom