• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[suggestion] Anti-BG Leecher's

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest a method to remove simple leeches from a battleground.

out of combat for over 10 min. gives a warning, after a total of 15 min. without being in combat or holding a flag the player is automatically kicked from the bg, timer is reset after entering combat.

note: this is mainly an issue for AV where players after time hide away in the starting caves or elsewhere waiting for win/loss clicking a spell once in awhile to hold of the afk state, the time is just an example and can be adjusted to fit better in but i think playing a battle.ground without holding an objective and without combat for 15 min. is rare unless you intend to leech :wink:.

A good suggestion. Might not stop leeching all together but sounds very good. A smart and straightforward solution. Prevents people from just open the WoW window every now and then to move their character a few steps.

AFK'ing in BGs is part of the game, and since you get AFK-marked after 15 minutes, you will be removed from the Battleground anyway.

Please tell where you have experienced this kind of leeching. it is important, because you dont know if its blizzlike or not :)

I will tell my experience from Warsong and Emerald Dream server. People play Alterac Valley on those Servers only every 2 weeks and only on that weekend. The amount of leechers increases, because people only play it on 1 weekend every 2 weeks. The reason is because the Multiqueue is disabled. Multiqueue is blizzlike but they caused bugs and then they never fixed it IN YOUR FACE!

Multiqueue means you can queue for all Battlegrounds at same time. There will be less amount of players who leech AV, trust me, statistically, it will be much lesser, because Kronos will be blizzlike i guess and thats why AV will be played all day every day, depending on server population.

You know, the more rules you bring to a Vanilla server, which influences the experience in the game, the less you will be able to experience what you have experienced in Vanilla WoW in 2005.

Why im saying that? Because i loved to kill AFK'ers and some people like to test out things on them xD. Like, making them look awful for beeing AFK!

Last edited:
well it is kinda blizzlike the fact with leeches in AV, they sit around in a corner and click an ability once in awhile to avoid the afk status. they minimize window and find a secluded hidden spot while they whatch a movie or do something else.

what i am suggesting is not a rule but rather a mechanic that takes care of those who leech while dodging afk. mainly intended for AV, a player becomes AFK after 5 minutes without interactions so it also occurs if you walk into a wall but using an ability resets the timer and for that reason i am suggesting something that kicks a leech after 15 min. or longer if he hasn't been in combat, taken an objective or is holding the flag.

note: this is just a minor suggestion, it would reduce leeching in AV, heck it could even be increased to 30 min, the only intention of it is to reduce leeching. i like killing afk'ers as well but i just dont want an AV match to ressemble ED where 20% leech and the remaining fight and the team with the least leeches end up winning XD

i am suggesting something that kicks a leech after 15 min.

you get automatically kicked of the BG when you are 15 min AFK. Because in general you get marked with <AFK> after 15 minutes.

i just dont want an AV match to ressemble ED where 20% leech and the remaining fight and the team with the least leeches end up winning XD

Yes, did you read what i wrote about the thing with AV on ED and Warsong realm?? About the AV every 2 weeks on 1 weekend. It happens because people are waiting 2 WEEKS FOR IT. Thats why the amount of leechers increases!

I don't believe this will ever be a problem on a fully working AV.
Anywere else it is a laughing stock were people just rush all the way to the other side to nuke down faction leaders. However, I doubt this will be possible on Kronos due to working NPCs.

Back in the day a buddy of mine always told me about AVs that lasted for 10+ hours. He would get up in the morning, join a bg and play a bit, then go to school, and when he'd come back home he would re-join that same bg and help finish it.
That would be super epic, althought i doubt we will ever experience it on a private server.

never say never :)

blizzards vanilla server's had a player limit, Kronos does not know the word "limit", i still hope we will gather enough for AV to start a few times a day :biggrin:

Hope never dies, even if it is only a few times a week and only at weekends i will enjoy it but hope wont die and we wont know for sure before the server is up :wink:

The reason AV dies pretty quickly on all other server is the fact that some players rush to exalted in one weekend to never log in for that BG ever again. If games last as long as they are supposed to it will take them much longer.

Doesn't this warning system exist on (modern) retail iirc? I personally am not in favour of it. AV is a lazy BG sometimes, and I've had periods of staying out of combat while standing at an objective, because this is vanilla AV, not the TBC resource version. I think that giving mods the ability to apply an extended deserter debuff of up to a week for true and repeat offenders would be a cool idea though.

@sivul
maybe the active part at the moment but thats hopefully less then 1% of memberbase later on ;)

never say never :)

blizzards vanilla server's had a player limit, Kronos does not know the word "limit", i still hope we will gather enough for AV to start a few times a day :biggrin:
Hope never dies, even if it is only a few times a week and only at weekends i will enjoy it but hope wont die and we wont know for sure before the server is up :wink:
AV wont be on not even AB kronos isnt blizzlike so they dont got multiqueue wich meens only bgs that will be on outside weekends is WSG and WSG and WSG all other bgs is dead on kronos because they dont got multiqueue so no there is no hope for random AV or AB outside weekends lol been here before they relunched and after only thing that poped back then was wsg and now its only wsg kronos ruined battlegrounds by removing the ability to multiqueue so hope you didnt wish to hard for AV lol

Top Bottom