• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Suggestion] Duel/Kill Ranking

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest a system thats kind of a hybrid between honor & rated yet quite simplistic.

What i am suggesting is similar to honor however in this case you can only get a maximum for 1.00 (100%) points per account you beat.
Lets say you beat him in a duel and later on you loose to his alt on the opposing faction causing a result of 1 win and 1 loss this would give you 0.50 score.
If you win versus 100 accounts and have kind of a draw versus 100 accounts u would end up at 150 points which gets harder to increase the higher it is unless you fight somone new.

Declining a duel counts as a loss the first time however afterwards it counts as nothing.

The point system could be listed along with a K/D that represents total pvp kills & deaths from players of the same level or within X levels of you since ofc a lvl 60 killing lvl 1's should not count.

For each person participating in a kill (assists) the "win" will be reduced for example if the opponent beat you once already and you come back to beat him with 1 buddy then instead of a 0.5 you only get a 0.25 while he keeps the 0.75 etc.

Anyways this is just something i casually thought up but i think it would be rather interresting seeing it listed on twinstar similar to the honor rankings as it gives kind of a different feel to it along with honor/prestige of playing well.

I am pretty sure that this will not be implemented by the kronos team :(.

I like the idea. Maybe there is a way to make an addon that does something similar, but with player names instead of accounts. Make it only count same or higher lvl players you kill and same or lower lvl players when getting killed. If i understood correctly there is no way to “farm“ one player since after one kill you got the maximum points awarded for that player. As i understand you get a positive ratio against a player if you kill him one time more often than he killed you.

Well looky here this isnt the crowlock I know ))

Nice idea, side by side with the honor system or perhaps revamping the honor system as a whole would deffo be refreshing and something that vanilla needs to take the next step, but as we all know this is now the official /r/wowserver server which is to represent only the truest form of vanilla (disregard the undertuning).

The devs' attention is prolly somewhere else too, would see this as addon mostly tbh. Nice idea nevertheless.

I am pretty sure that this will not be implemented by the kronos team :(.
Oh you are quite right there :D and to be honest i really don't mind i just like putting out my thoughts once in awhile although not always good i don't like to hide & cover up so people know what i say i mean but its not like ill get mad if other have diff opinions hehe XD

imagine a planet where all agreed with me... :eek: now theres an idea for a horror movie ;) kinda goes for us all as heck its great that we are all so different :D

Why this?

I generally like beneficial vanilla tuning, so thumbs up for the rest of your suggestion!
well the thought is it only counts once, so people cannot win and leave while in the lead or only duel those they feel confident about, If your newly leveled gnome looses in a battleground you could go on your geared orc and win a duel to even the score if you find the fella in dueling teritory.

well its just a thought and i more than welcome others to revamp the idea or pitch opinions :cool:

Well looky here this isnt the crowlock I know ))

Nice idea, side by side with the honor system or perhaps revamping the honor system as a whole would deffo be refreshing and something that vanilla needs to take the next step, but as we all know this is now the official /r/wowserver server which is to represent only the truest form of vanilla (disregard the undertuning).

The devs' attention is prolly somewhere else too, would see this as addon mostly tbh. Nice idea nevertheless.

Hehe ^^
I know most my ideas ain't exactly perfect and yea the tought was to have something on the sideline with honor that reminded of but wasnt rated since now they have controlled sessions so people cannot do any wintrading anyways ^^

I also know it wont happen as it would take some effort that is better used elsewhere i just like to voice my oppinions & suggestions :D Its a forum its meant for socializing and spewing out our somewhat silly thoughts & discuss as civilized orcs ^^

Oh you are quite right there :D and to be honest i really don't mind i just like putting out my thoughts once in awhile although not always good i don't like to hide & cover up so people know what i say i mean but its not like ill get mad if other have diff opinions hehe XD

imagine a planet where all agreed with me... :eek: now theres an idea for a horror movie ;) kinda goes for us all as heck its great that we are all so different :D

well the thought is it only counts once, so people cannot win and leave while in the lead or only duel those they feel confident about, If your newly leveled gnome looses in a battleground you could go on your geared orc and win a duel to even the score if you find the fella in dueling teritory.

well its just a thought and i more than welcome others to revamp the idea or pitch opinions :cool:

Hehe ^^
I know most my ideas ain't exactly perfect and yea the tought was to have something on the sideline with honor that reminded of but wasnt rated since now they have controlled sessions so people cannot do any wintrading anyways ^^

I also know it wont happen as it would take some effort that is better used elsewhere i just like to voice my oppinions & suggestions :D Its a forum its meant for socializing and spewing out our somewhat silly thoughts & discuss as civilized orcs ^^
The question is, can you make an addon for that? This way we can atleast post our score on the pvp forums and create some pvp competition! If i had any idea about coding i would try to make this addon.

The question is, can you make an addon for that? This way we can atleast post our score on the pvp forums and create some pvp competition! If i had any idea about coding i would try to make this addon.
Or just use any KoS addon like I do;

57wpkf.png

Addons are almost always possible but there is no API that can track account unless players are elevated to the 2nd account level but that would require them to move all GM abilities up to lvl 3 and make a lvl 4...

eitherway you can make an addon for it like the post below however it counts based on name so if target changes name or makes new character on same acc it counts them as individuals.

with session control people can only use 1 acc which gave rise to the idea as no one can wintrade themselves and there is no way to do a wintrade as the total is 1.00 per unique account not character :)

Or just use any KoS addon like I do;

57wpkf.png
That one reminds me of an old vanilla addon where you could set a gold price on someones head but the addon counts character instead of account so its purpose kinda diminishes to a state where its only a vanity thing for between friends, aquintances & mortal foes u keep seeing.

Top Bottom