• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Suggestion] Rules

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest increasing the rules that are available on the forum's, for example add a "Rules" forum with a section for forum and in-game since i find the current listed rules a bit lacking when taking a look at blizzard's.

yes i do know this is not blizzard but a private server but some rules should just be written down so people can see them, for example there is no naming-policy which is normally listed in a "code of conduct" or, rules which describe violation of in-game behavior, or what you can and what you may not do with a macro.

here's an example of a macro violation:
Blue Color Change:
/run if (not scm) then scm = SendChatMessage; end; function SendChatMessage(msg, type, lang, chan) scm("\124cbc33cbc3\124Hitem: 19:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h"..msg.."­\124h\124r", type, lang, chan); end;
Chat Exploit to Impersonate:
[Troll]:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[GM] [Blizztroll]: Greeting's, you are in violation with the rules, delete your character and pick a new name, we do not grant free renames since you violated this rule trolololololo :devil:....

in this case the ----- is random text, making the person think its just some random whispering him, most wouldn't fall for this cheap trick since it is obvious but the moment the player sees [GM] as represented in a second-line by itself and a believable name most stop thinking and the impersonation takes effect. blizzard fixed this issue long ago but in vanilla it is present. kinda obvious it is against rules but none of those are written in the rules or prevented.

there's a long list of rules which blizzard where forced to write down through time since people kept trying to exploit and claim there wasn't a rule written as apology, or telling others how to and then show them that there is no rule making them believe it is allowed. some things are allowed and somethings are only allowed if you only use them in a specific way, i think color change is allowed as long as its local but once it becomes global and to randoms its against but i cannot find that rule part anywhere so i am unsure regarding the rules but the impersonation is clear.

so i just want to suggest increasing the amount of rules present and perhaps add a separate forum below information & news.

we should have no rulez. let nubs fall for those dumb tricks if they're nubs

we should have no rulez. let nubs fall for those dumb tricks if they're nubs

Brilliant idea! Let's deter newer players from joining the server! Let's shit on our fellow humans who might be foolish enough to trust a stranger! Ahahaha fuck people who have faith in humanity!

I can say, that Twinstar is hosting servers with about 5000 players with these rules and it semms it's enough

Top Bottom