• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggestion: Zeppelin master

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest a minor invisible yet usefull change to the in-game chat.

normally there is no real limit on what you can in /s but the issue is when you use an addon that needs broadcast information which passively from time to time mute's you so i would like to suggest removing the limit on a few unique channels:

ZeppelinMaster: used by Zeppelin master and also mutes what is received, it communicates between those who have the addon whenever they use a zeppelin or ship and informs others of timer of arrival and departure that they then use to calculate from then on, but the code transmitted is sadly 2-3 lines too long so 1 ship/zep is left out on the first communication attempt and the player is then muted 10 seconds

i am increasing command list for this addon and seeing if i cant add zeppelins to the screen when they come and go trying to make it similar to nauticus. but the specific channel needs to be increased or made similar to /s so it can work without any mute problems :smile:

note: it would be even better if the server itself sent those messages in the channel since then i could take out the communication send part of the addon and only cause it to listen.

That seems like a lot of word spam for something that only a few people need at any given time. Maybe if it were more subtle? Like if the Goblin is coded to /s The Zeppelin is now leaving Trifisfal Glades or the dock master says /s The ship has left Booty Bay and will here in <approx time>. So anyone waiting will be able to know its on its way. And that limits the spam to a small area at a time.

I just dont think all that information is required at once, and people don't mind waiting, In my opinion they would just like to know if the Zeppelin has just left or on its way.

you cannot make npc's say stuff through an addon.

and also it is more than subtle, you wont ever see its communication, the only thing that reveals it is that it uses up messages so if you actively chat it easily mutes you 10 seconds the few times it sends out a message.

increasing it on just that channel wouldn't do anyone any good since it is muted by the addon and only used by those who use the addon. you cannot delay it since if you did then the reported time becomes incorrect and even doing that to be delaying the communication for each part isn't a simple task.

To struckds idea - You already CAN discover, where the ship / zepelin is. All you need is to ask captain / goblin at the dock / tower and he will tell you, for example - The zeppelin just left the grom'gol.

yeah... but i can see the exact time from anywhere in the world on any ship or zep and where it is, asking the goblin doesn't do you any good you still know you gotta wait an unknown amount of time.

Top Bottom