• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggestions ruined retail, don't let it ruin the game again!

CJB

STAY ORIGINAL, STAY VANILLA, NO HAND OUTS PLEASE! -ORIGINAL-.

I played Vanilla when it was retail and you know what it looked like, come time when Blizzard started changing the game for the worse? It looked a lot like this forum/these threads. Stop with all the game breaking suggestions please....I like the enthusiasm and the thought but boy do I feel as though it is misplaced. Please just make this game like the original, as presently advertised (I can live with vanity donations).

X1 REP X1 EXP X1 RATES

X1 EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
You are passionate about the project and want a server that is without bugs and finally have you play blizzlike vanilla experience the way it was, i can understand that. But making threads like this in caps is just retarded:wacko:

The devs here aren't blizzard, they aren't gonna make major changes that ruin the game just because of some suggestions. So don't sweat it these people know what they're doing.

You are passionate about the project and want a server that is without bugs and finally have you play blizzlike vanilla experience the way it was, i can understand that. But making threads like this in caps is just retarded:wacko:

=/, there isn't too many CAPS at all; stop tripping. And yea, I'm just stating, everyone. Don't mean any disrespect, I just feel like this shit needs to be said; that's all. Nothing but good, dudes, nothing but good. <3.

Last edited:
Well when you posted the topic there was only the first line of caps in it. Then you edited in the other text.
But no hard feelings. <3

Weren't you a tauren 7/8 t2 tank on warsong? I remember someone ragequitting with that name and he gave me his account info. Might have been JCB though.

Last edited:
The reason there is so many suggestions is because this server haves realms on several different expansions, which means there too many different players here. If TwinStar was a purely vanilla oriented server it wouldnt have been like this. 90% of the population would have been hardcore vanilla fans, but the numbers would have been lower for sure.
And some of the people want to see something they like from their favourite expansion in classic, which Imo will indeed ruin the whole idea of playing vanilla WoW.

Are many english players playing on the other realms anyway? If we can skim some of the thousands of players there, kronos will get a pretty good start. If it starts over 1k of players it will keep growing by itself.

Well when you posted the topic there was only the first line of caps in it. Then you edited in the other text.
But no hard feelings. <3

Weren't you a tauren 7/8 t2 tank on warsong? I remember someone ragequitting with that name and he gave me his account info. Might have been JCB though.

Oh shit, my bad on the Edit-psych, haha. And nope, that Tauren was not me. Ive been a rage quitting Troll Shaman on Emerald Dream though.

- - - Updated - - -

QUICK, EVERYBODY STOP THINKING! NO MORE IDEAS!!1!

Hehehe, if people want to think and entertain thoughts/ideas, that's chill. What's not chill is going over board, eventually picking apart the game we want to play and tending it to the most pronounced voices on limited media venues! I've seen community thought come together and destroy many, many, many, a game, I just do not want that to happen again. That's all, my friend.

*the game YOU want to play

Don't generalize

A Vanilla Server is opening up. Most people that are interested, want to play a Vanilla server, that is in fact, Vanilla; original. To tamper with that, would be to tamper with the very idea of a Vanilla Server. And when talking about majorities and minorities, one must generalize where appropriate; the term "we" simply describes one of those categories - in this case, the majority.

To recap this thread's message: The game we (collectively as a community, ie: majority) want to play is the original/vanilla WoW. Suggestions, although mostly good-willed, may tamper and dirty the original game that cast love upon so many, the original game that created the very platform for this Server to run. All I am saying is that we do this lightly and with hesitation. That's all, my mang.

A Vanilla Server is opening up. Most people that are interested, want to play a Vanilla server, that is in fact, Vanilla; original. To tamper with that, would be to tamper with the very idea of a Vanilla Server. And when talking about majorities and minorities, one must generalize where appropriate; the term "we" simply describes one of those categories - in this case, the majority.

To recap this thread's message: The game we (collectively as a community, ie: majority) want to play is the original/vanilla WoW. Suggestions, although mostly good-willed, may tamper and dirty the original game that cast love upon so many, the original game that created the very platform for this Server to run. All I am saying is that we do this lightly and with hesitation. That's all, my mang.

So true.

After working so hard to make it feel like vanilla and than change the things that made vanilla hard.. like leveling, gold problem so you couldn't be jumping from one spec to the other and repairing gear was no joke after raids, trading level 60's, changing dungeons... is it REALLY Vanilla than?

but that's none of my business.

Attachments

• but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg
    but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 9sw43.jpg
    9sw43.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
  • c959f74971b7014d539f117f09a15bf7.jpg
    c959f74971b7014d539f117f09a15bf7.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It was the request for accessibility that ruined wow and nothing else.

In other words in fear of loosing casual subscribers they removed all the effort required to play the game.

If you are a noob and casual go play retail.

If you have balls, if you have endurance and if you are good enough to go to level 60 with hardcore Elitequests, extremely low XP-rates, 10 minutes ways from the cemetary after hard PVP fights and if you are trilled to relive the best gaming experience in the history of games come here to play.

easy as that.

You might be right that "suggestions" ruined retail but ,if you think about it , not only players are to blame.
Why do i say that?
Well for start Blizzard never expected WoW to be such a big hit from start. They estimated a 400k player base on release but the numbers were much bigger. At the same moment they knew that WoW is a treasure chest, a cow to milk so much money.
Many will remember the first part of TBC. Dungeons that were so hard on normal mode. Heroics were REALLY HEROICS. ANd at that point Activision came in. And Activision is a $$$$ whore. And from that moment TBC changed. Items/mounts could be bought in store, difficulty nerfs, etc.
Many players suggested good things. Like make crappy specs viable in PvE and PvP, and that is a good thing.
But at some point they changed direction and , well you can see the result. They were aware that old vanilla players will not play this game for 10-15 years. They made it accessible to so many players: bright, dumb, lazy, social, anti-social, etc. They will not narrow their product to only a small portion of players. Everyone's money is welcome. And this suggestion never came from players.

You want to play on a 1.12 server, with no player suggestions involved? That is the definition of the word oxymoron!

While I whole-whole-whole heartedly agree..

This is just a forum and does not mean that ANY of these suggestions will make it to the actual game.

But thanks for keeping the best intentions in mind for us all!

I hope they refresh absolutely everything. None keeps their 60 toons with tons of gear and etc. Just a new start for everyone :)

I have no problem summing up this whole story again ;)

At first, when we started considering this more than half a year ago, we were thinking it might be a nice thing to not wipe all the characters that were played on the last Kronos, but to reintegrate them when the server's progress would reach the old level (War Effort Event) to not 'punish' our old and loyal community.

But as we progressed and as we started to create and get some hype, we realised by the people's feedback here that a character restore would not do any good and thus, it would have deteriorated the hype and in the end would have highly damaged this project.

We are still sorry for all the old and loyal players who now won't get their old stuff back, it's not something we do because we want to hurt or fool you, it is something we HAVE TO DO to make Kronos a success this time !

Then stop apologize and start to work on release! All of us are already dealt with this. Server success and prosperity will be satisfaction good enough.... But you must release it first! :biggrin:

Top Bottom