• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Tailoring Tailoring discusion

Spufy

Authorized
Hm....its time for tailoring.Gonna play warlock and think to take Tailoring+Skining or another Gathering...
It's worth to take tailoring for more easy end game(fresh 60) gearing or only good is bag's?
On TBC tailoring was good for priest/mage...but now dont know how is it.
PS:I preff to play pvE : )

There's one decent warlock robe(correct me if I'm wrong), it's a lot better on priest who get a BiS robe with tailoring.

I Found some stuff from another Forum about warlock/tailoring fresh gearing
Head: Felcloth Hood (crafted, Tailoring) -> Spellweaver's Turban (General Drakkisath, UBRS)
Amulet: Anastari Heirloom (Stratholme - undead side) -> Diana's Pearl Necklace (Cannon Master Willey, Stratholme - living side)
Shoulder: Felcloth Shoulders (crafted, Tailoring) -> Lieutenant Commander's Dreadweave Spaulders (PvP) OR Abyssal Cloth Amice... of Sorcery (Baron Kazum, Silithus summonable)
Back: Amplifying Cloak (Magister Kalendris, DM West) -> Crystalline Threaded Cape (BoE - not recommended to farm for)
Chest: Robe of Winter Night (crafted, Tailoring) -> Robe of the Void (crafted, Tailor-only)
Wrist: Sublime Wristguards (Guards - DM North) -> Rockfury Bracers (Silithus - equal to Tier2 items, very much worth farming for)
Hands: Felcloth Gloves (crafted, Tailoring) - both easy enough to farm for and best-in-slot
Waist: Oddly Magical Belt (DM North tribute chest) -> Ban'thok Sash (Ok'thor the Breaker, BRD Arena)
Legs: Felcloth Pants (crafted, Tailoring) -> Skyshroud Leggings (Highlord Omokk, LBRS)
Feet: Shadoweave Boots (crafted, Tailoring) -> Maleki's Footwraps (Maleki the Pallid, Stratholme - undead side)

Hm...why so small size and grey?
Original Post:
http://valkyrie-wow.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=507

Last edited:
Maybe use Twinhead instead of Valkyrie database links. At least they work properly.

tailoring for mages/locks in pve is pretty usefull.. if not almost a must have :D Bloodvine set from ZG is so OP (if you have tailoring for set bonus ofc) , you can wear it with no shame till naxx gear comes.

I try to find info about the set...but.
I must Up rep with ZG to take recept for this right?
I mean for full set

Since most tailoring peices are BoE it's not amazing for everyone.

For priests it's great because of the BoP BiS untill AQ robe. You can pick tailoring, make the robe and then drop it for something else.

For mages(?) and warlocks it's ok pre-zg because of the BoP robe. The robe is better than regular pre-raid BiS (at least for warlocks) but not better than MC gear.
When ZG and bloodvine comes around tailoring becomes highly valuable for casters and all serious PvE players using that set should reroll tailoring for the set bonus.

It's Copy/paste ...must gonna swap it tomorrow..no have no time >.<

Head: Felcloth Hood (crafted, Tailoring) -> Spellweaver's Turban (General Drakkisath, UBRS)
Amulet: Anastari Heirloom (Stratholme - undead side) -> Diana's Pearl Necklace (Cannon Master Willey, Stratholme - living side)
Shoulder: Felcloth Shoulders (crafted, Tailoring) -> Lieutenant Commander's Dreadweave Spaulders (PvP) OR Abyssal Cloth Amice... of Sorcery (Baron Kazum, Silithus summonable)
Back: Amplifying Cloak (Magister Kalendris, DM West) -> Crystalline Threaded Cape (BoE - not recommended to farm for)
Chest: Robe of Winter Night (crafted, Tailoring) -> Robe of the Void (crafted, Tailor-only)
Wrist: Sublime Wristguards (Guards - DM North) -> Rockfury Bracers (Silithus - equal to Tier2 items, very much worth farming for)
Hands: Felcloth Gloves (crafted, Tailoring) - both easy enough to farm for and best-in-slot
Waist: Oddly Magical Belt (DM North tribute chest) -> Ban'thok Sash (Ok'thor the Breaker, BRD Arena)
Legs: Felcloth Pants (crafted, Tailoring) -> Skyshroud Leggings (Highlord Omokk, LBRS)
Feet: Shadoweave Boots (crafted, Tailoring) -> Maleki's Footwraps (Maleki the Pallid, Stratholme - undead side)

I did some auto text replacement in Notepad++ to fix it.
"http://db.valkyrie-wow.com/" -> "https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/"
"[COLOR=#282828]" -> ""
"[/COLOR]" -> ""

You might want to turn off the WYSIWYG editor mode in Settings -> General Settings if you want to copy/paste my revision.

Honestly if there are any mods reading this, might be worth "word filtering" the URL so it will intercept stuff like this.

Last edited:
Tailoring is so nice, but i've played on 3 different vanilla realms now, and on all of them as priest with professions being enchanting/tailoring, and seriously everytime i was broke!! Didn't have gold for a mount, didn't have gold for skills sometimes even, purely because i used up all my green/blue quest rewards on enchanting and all my cloth on tailoring. And to make some good pieces i even had to buy more stuff from AH (leather, pearls, rods, wildvine etc) So i would deffo not pair it up with enchanting, or do it when you play warlock, and get a free mount anyway. At 60 i could not really make a profit with those professions either, so on a new server with a shitty ass economy, i'll pass :sad:

Tailoring is so nice, but i've played on 3 different vanilla realms now, and on all of them as priest with professions being enchanting/tailoring, and seriously everytime i was broke!! Didn't have gold for a mount, didn't have gold for skills sometimes even, purely because i used up all my green/blue quest rewards on enchanting and all my cloth on tailoring. And to make some good pieces i even had to buy more stuff from AH (leather, pearls, rods, wildvine etc) So i would deffo not pair it up with enchanting, or do it when you play warlock, and get a free mount anyway. At 60 i could not really make a profit with those professions either, so on a new server with a shitty ass economy, i'll pass :sad:

That's mainly enchanting's fault, not tailoring, however if you go tailoring/skinning (or even better tailoring/herbalism) money won't really be a problem.

Edit: Also, the mage tailored BoP robe is (apart from Bloodvine if you have the full set) the best chestpiece you can get for PvE until Enigma (AQ set robes), Robe of the Void (warlock BoP tailored robe) is not really worth the effort though.

Last edited:
Tailoring's better for a mage than a lock, Robe of the Archmage is really good. Comes down to whether or not you want the 2% spell crit from Bloodvine, and that will not be available at release anyway. Robe of the Void is a minor upgrade to Robe of Winter Night, and the mats cost is way too high to justify 6 spell damage.

Top Bottom