• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

TBC - Early Questions

Cr0wL0ck

I am fully aware that K-TBC is still far far ahead into the future however these questions are meant to be very early and kinda unavoidable in the end. The sooner you know the answer to the top 2 the better as it might be a headache to delay o_O furthermore the old time exploit leaving that alone would cause some real havoc, the earlier brainstorming begins the better unless its already solved of course.
  • Character Limitation, accounts can contain up to 10 characters per realm, if you intend on merging K1 & K3 for K-TBC there will be those that exceed the cap so will you increase the cap to 20 somehow, simply only transfer 10x characters with the highest playtime & level and leave the rest or put in a lot of extra work so players can select up to 10 characters for the transfer ?
  • Character Names, considering K1 & K3 where to merge for Kronos TBC who would own the right to a character name ? will everyone have to rename, will those with the longest playtime maintain ownership, will people who have been offline x months before release forfeit their name, will reserved names from K3 have a meaning ?
  • Do you have a solution to the arena loading screen & dodge exploits that existed since tbc up to the end of pandaria ?

Last edited:
Most obvious thing to do is merge K1+K3 the way K1+2 were merged, with the player with more playtime keeping the name. I think most of not all addicted nerds have their names on both realms and can pay for a 1 euro namechange if their wrong char gets their main name. Also more than 10 chars on that merge were fixed with people having to delete some of them to show the 11th-20th chars that were copied, small hastle but nothing major.

And then take a snapshot of all accounts and simply copy the entire database at one point to the TBC server, so you get to keep your whole account as is. (If you'd copy individual chars, you could send over gold and stuff before coppying your 2nd char, and you would need gold limits and items limits etc etc), so if you pick a date and time at which the snapshot gets taken to copy, it's foolproof and everyone gets to keep their stuff because they can't duplicate.

Oh yeah and release faction change the day TBC gets released please, I wanna level paladin with ashbringer KreyGasm

True i also think that longest playtime should grant the rights to a name however i also think that it shouldnt be the only factor since then it would risk a K1 player that left years ago never to return who would keep their name.

I would suggest it depends on two factors.
1. Playtime
2. Has the account been online within 3 months from TBC transfer

A second suggestion would be donate to keep a name, similar to the reservation of names K3 introduced but here you actually have to own a character with that particular name on either K1 or K3 in order to reserve. Since they are already owned lets say 1 euro per save. Perhaps names that where reserved at K3 will be carried over to K-TBC for free etc.

This secures that the server gets some starting funds and furthermore no risk of inactive accounts reserving names. But honestly i preffer the above more as thats free :)

tbc with kronos population is imposible project. a lot of ppl who played on k1 are also playing on k3 so dont assume they will play on ktbc on both chars at the same time
chars on k1 and k3 already overbugged tonns of gold so economy of the server will be dead from the beginning

now now don't be so negative, its not like they couldnt prevent such things if they wished to. If you fear that then there are many ways to balance it forcefully once.

heres a bit of an extreme example:
No Gold being cloned.
crafting materials after cloned become soulbound, crafting anything with these will also result in it being soulbound and worth nothing
all grey/white/blue/epic cloned from vanilla are worth nothing at vendor
Blue/epic BoE cloned become soulbound.

in short anything cloned could be worth nothing and anything made from whats cloned could also be worth nothing if the economy is as broken as you proclaim.

dunno what u mean by "both" as i assumed they would be merged like what void said :)

This way even if people where indeed rich they would not be able to keep their gold or convert it into material or items to sell after the cloning and materials would be kept but at most you could make vanille stuff which also can only be used by you. At least if thats possible to script :)

no need to be negative theres a long time until TBC, furthermore the population wouldnt be much of a problem as its quite decent on K3 already and they can also hype things long before K-TBC in order to get more to notice it. :)

also you say overbugged gold... what bug allowed people to earn tons of gold ? are you sure youre not confusing projects ? it was the nostril server that had the trade bug.

note: we all have our perspective and i might be a bit biased towards kronos i admit, i will however be there when TBC launches. If anything i am hyped knowing i can use the gear i collected in 1.12.1 when TBC comes around, i dont care if i where to loose thousands of golds due to balance as long as i can use my gear and materials on myself :)

Last edited:
No Gold being cloned.
crafting materials after cloned become soulbound, crafting anything with these will also result in it being soulbound and worth nothing
all grey/white/blue/epic from vanilla are worth nothing at vendor
Blue/epic BoE become soulbound
I think it is impossible to implement such custom restriction, and it will be actually confusing.

Here is a list of known kronos 1+3 bugs that allowed you to obtain some advantages over fresh ppl that will join realm https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.c...[select]=&do_apply_issues_filter=Apply+filter

didnt give me anything aside from a long list of fixed cases, how did the bug gnomish mind control helmet have result in gold ? or sweeping strikes bug or seal of light ? i cannot see how any of these could be used the way you say... but please enlighten me :)

Oh and it certainly aint impossible, they could clone the item library from vanilla and something like Worn Axe would be known as both 37 and 100037. in short the database would have 2 ID's for every vanilla item there exists, one would be a normal item that is obtainable after TBC and the 100037 would be items that are cloned over that start as soulbound and worth nothing to vendors :) A script for crafting can be used to tell apart item ID's and if any of the reagents came from vanilla the finished product would be soulbound ;)

and confusing ? nah, people would be told once upon release that cloned items are soulbound and worth nothing nomatter what they do and that would be it, even kids and senile people could comprehend something like that.

but honestly i still have to see what exploits u speak of as personally i rely on leathworking cooldown crafts for gold etc. and have done similar on K1. I know the richest are those who farmed black lotus but thats no exploit, second richest would be hunters who farm tribute runs non-stop but thats also a legit way and TBC grants even more gold + rogues can do runs few patches later on similar to what hunters did in vanilla. and if that wasnt enough then don't forget the 22 slot bags cost 1200 gold per bag, epic flying speed costs way more than that. to put it quite bluntly what vanilla earned ya is gonna look like pennies in tbc unless u farmed black lotus etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom