• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[BWL] Blackwing Lair Technicians - Strategy Discussion

Cpstabber

Authorized
While pushing through the "Ramp Boss" we experienced a lot of deaths that I feel can be avoidable. While we never wiped to trash, due to half our roster is from Nost guild - I don't want consumables to be wasted, nor world buffs to be dropped on avoidable situations.

We tried our Nost approach of having mages assigned to techs for AoE while moving to avoid the dynamite throws, yet they (mages) died fast.

We attempted to use Hunter multi shot pull and kite to back of room while we burned down warlocks, but Hunter would be sheeped on each try by spell binder.

Since mages already lost buffs, we hung them out to dry for the sake of killing the loot pinatas that lay ahead. This isn't a practice I want to continue for long and could use some tips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the hunter kite can still work, however the spell binders would need to be tanked (LoS corner style) before they turn the last corner to never be in sight of the kiting hunter.

Also I picked up 2-3 while on the Seether and they didn't do too much damage, could opt for a pally tank on those and let mages AoE down with PoM Flamestrike and keep moving with Arcane Explosion, should die fast and as long as they watch their feet, shouldn't take much damage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again any info to save the few people that kept dying, money on consumables and keep world buffs would be appreciated.

• Greater Fire Protection Potion
  • Don't allow spellbinders to cast flamestrikes
  • Don't allow warlocks to cast shadow bolts

Yeah I assigned an off tank to continue to LoS the spellbinder around the corners each time they began to cast.

As I was on seether and helping with techs that were ranged targeting healers, I'm not sure exactly how on this server the Spellbinder flamestrike works.

On Nost for example if the tank that had aggro on it turned a corner while it was casting, it would stop casting and run in LoS of the tank. Is that possible here or does the Spell binder pick a spot on the ground, pre-determined area of cast and won't follow the tank around the corner until after the cast?

I'll get my answer trial by Fire Thursday if nobody knows for sure here as I'll assign myself to them for testing.

Spellbinders don't cast Flamestrike only on their current target (tank). Raid eating flamestrikes is 80% of your issues on those packs.

Thanks for confirming. Yeah I'll have the Sellbinder tank move up to keep it LoS from the whole raid, since corner kite strat will not work here. Will just put a mobile healer with him (druid/priest)

The way we do it is hunters place Slow traps in a line and then casters aoe the technicians down while a Hunter kites the spellbinder or a tank pulls it away.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PLK-L01 met Tapatalk

Top Bottom