• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Test access giveaway.

Ghostly

Okay, so this realm is finally going to conduct a test. Now that's nice, isn't it? After reading the title of http://www.kronos-wow.com/2014/12/21/test-access-giveaway/, I was overjoyed. After reading the rest of it, not so much.

Carrying out a test is a great idea, but the way you're going to do it is simply awful. First of all, you deny everyone without an already existing Facebook account from the very beginning. There are people without one, you know? No, that's not what I'm upset about. It's fine, 99% probably have it.

But the second thing - only 3 winners? 5 accounts to each? What are you thinking? What is the point of making a test with only 15 players online at best? It can be even less than that, if someone who won wouldn't have 4 people to share his accounts with. And given the fact that server will be online for a week , and people will not have to be online in a specific time window, the only reliable way for most of testers to stay online at the same time would be for them to cooperate outside the game, and relying on that would be a horrible idea.

It's also quite possible that not everyone picked will be dedicated enough to test stuff, and given the tiny amount of testers, it'll greatly diminish the odds of anything worthwhile being accomplished. You're picking random people, for heaven's sake, it's obvious that bet should made on quantity, not quality, since you have no way of determining the latter. Also, the more people you allow onto the test server, the more hype will they generate, and that will benefit the project greatly. Of course, I know that server will be run in debug mode and you can't have many hundreds of people online with it, but that doesn't mean 15 is the optimal number to get things done. It's far, far too low.

My advice to you: if you want the test to succeed, if you want things to get done, if you want to show everyone that your server is superior to the other vanilla projects out there, you better allow more people to see it and try it themselves. That's how it's gonna work the best.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I kind of agree with most of what you said.
Sure its just a humble beginning and they said: "Depending on demand and participation we may repeat this contest in the future, with possible extra consideration to continuous participants."

But its still a really insignificant number of people.
3 people? hope they have friends who are into WoW, then are into Vanilla, then are into testing a Private Server?

Anyhow, its better than nothing.

i repeat myself here but whatever.

We don't do this to get more testers.
We do this to give a few lucky people an early glimpse into the server. Nothing else is intended.

Once again: we don't do this for testing purposes.

i repeat myself here but whatever.

We don't do this to get more testers.
We do this to give a few lucky people an early glimpse into the server. Nothing else is intended.

Once again: we don't do this for testing purposes.

Fine, so it serves no practical purpose. Why don't use it to get more people hyped, at least? Few people won't change anything. Even if some of them stream, it wouldn't be same as just inviting more people and letting them play, letting them see all the stuff that works properly here and fails to work elsewhere. You could turn the test into a promotional event of sorts, you could make it a stability test if nothing else, instead this happens? Is server too unready to allow many people to see it?

learn to read people, you should be thankful and enjoy it, its a christmas gift

Grateful for the gesture nothing wrong there but gotta say, Ghastly sure have some very good points!

Well as usual there's no pleasing ppl :wacko:. This move was definitely made to build up hype. When it's time for stress testing, we'll be able to join I'm sure.

Letting them see all the stuff that works properly here and fails to work elsewhere.
This can be easily achieved by continuing to do showcase videos, no need for hundreds of people to run around, unorganized.

You could turn the test into a promotional event of sorts, you could make it a stability test if nothing else, instead this happens?
Good idea, I'm sure it was already suggested though, many times. There is nothing that's stopping them from doing it a week before release, or two weeks before release. Or a week from now. Right now, they are doing a giveaway, people like giveaways, and it doesn't mean there can't/won't be a PTR.
(not saying there will be a PTR, just that this has little to do with it)

Is server too unready to allow many people to see it?
No

Well, it's nice idea, but 15 people total is a bit.. low number. I mean, if its meant for hype, and you have theoreticaly 1000-1500 people, that can like + share, then many of them will just not bother to do so because chance 1:500 is... low. 10(50 people) or 20(100 people) will be more interesting.

Or do it this way, but not say how many will be invited, just say few and nobody knows if it's 1, 5, 10 or 50... but that's too late to do this so never mind :wink:

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in this, i know how server looks.. Aside from that I can't be invited because i already played there and i play on all other TS servers (if i get this message right)

Last edited:
Aside from that I can't be invited because i already played there and i play on all other TS servers (if i get this message right)

Only people who contribute to any of the TwinStar projects in any kind official capacity, e.g. Testers, Developers, Game Masters, Event Masters, Forum Moderators, are excluded. Being a former player does not exclude you from contention.

Ppl so critical of a well intentioned gesture :(

Its like opening your xmas present then telling the person to their face it sucks

Wel if you allow the testers to record sessies they could upload to YouTube, then alot of people would see iT.
Footage taken during your access to the Kronos Test Realm may only be released to the public with explicit permission from the Kronos Staff.

As long as you get explicit permission, you are going to be able to upload videos.

One search friends usually based on same interests like gaming. Where are friends connected? Over facebook!
How do you reach new possible clients aka friends of already existing clients? By making the already existing clients spread the word over the medium used to stay connected with friends.

I dont say that the idea is bad. To be honest theres nothing negative about it: Very good marketing paired with a nice gift for a lucky few.
The people who dont get that this step is for marketing and not for testing should consider killing themself.

Its a great gesture from the team at Kronos.

However. I think the better way around this is to give players something to really talk about
by advertising a small 'server stress test' for a fun 1-2 hour test on a certain day/time

To give people that retro feel of what its going to be like on opening day having starting areas filled with people and testing out early leveling/combat so people can all talk about how wonderful its going to be EVEN AT 1x XP rate! HYPE!!!

People will surely want to share the information about a stress test on facebook, and boom... population will come and this server will surely succeed when the server goes up permanently.

Thanks for all you do here Kronos Team!
Rubix :)

Last edited:
Jesus christ people. This is not some sort of beta test or alpha test or pre alpha or something like that. This is a GIVEAWAY... A way to give very few randomly selected people a chance to play on kronos. They really don't need to do this as they have enough testers and are squishing bugs and fixing glitches daily! They could've just said yeah we're doing great at fixing glitches and squishing bugs happy holidays yo guys soon we will give more info!
Yeah of course i want as well for selection to be bigger but this giveaway has really no point but to give few players a chance to inv their friends and see a glimpse of the server! There will be time when they will open for stress testing and such. This is not it and it's not meant to be it because they really don't need it now.
Don't take this giveaway as a negative thing because such small amount of people gets to try it.

This is a good thing people. If you're interrested, show it to them. I'm gonna pass on this one, promised myself not to play anything that has to do with WoW until Kronos is released! GL to the peeps signing up!

Top Bottom