• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

TFW

trott

TFW you look at the development progress and realize that the crappy low level content all the 1x rates advocates have a hardon for (which you do then NEVER GO BACK TO) is mostly what is holding back release...

Did I mention questing is faster than dungeons? Did I mention that after 10 days played of leveling you're going to start really wishing you hadn't wasted all that time running around to obscure instances?

The autistic 1x or bust demographic of the server population is why I can't get my fix.

http://www.kronos-wow.com/development-progress/

The autistic 1x or bust demographic of the server population is why I can't get my fix.

Clearly they should release the server now, so that they might attract more people like you. Because impatience and insulting people who enjoy the game differenly than you, are virtues that will really set Kronos above the other Vanilla servers.

There are enough other issues to be solved!
Actually these %-bars haven't been updated for quite some time ;) theyre working better than u think

Just check the bugtracker. There you can see what still needs to be done.

Kronos, if it is as described, would be the first server that delivers the 1x content. On the other hand, there are several copypasta servers that have 12x rates and working raids.

Why are you waiting for Kronos? Feenix has what you're looking for right now and population to boot.

Kronos, if it is as described, would be the first server that delivers the 1x content. On the other hand, there are several copypasta servers that have 12x rates and working raids.

Why are you waiting for Kronos? Feenix has what you're looking for right now and population to boot.

Rebirth, ED, Valkyrie, and Westfall have 1x and no population at all!

Rebirth, ED, Valkyrie, and Westfall have 1x and no population at all!

http://www.feenixcensus.com/

I've only tried ED of that list and it had quite a good population (1,000-1,200). While you are correct that it offers 1x rates, it does not offer 1x content. There are a lot of bugs and workarounds that are not Blizzlike, making leveling there a long slog through content that is in many cases different than what the Classic player remembers.

The person I quoted isn't interested in pre-60 content anyway, so my point was that they should simply try a server like Feenix's Warsong, where the population is mostly interested in instant raiding and what development there is caters to that playerbase. Kronos clearly isn't geared towards that same playerbase.

http://www.feenixcensus.com/

I've only tried ED of that list and it had quite a good population (1,000-1,200). While you are correct that it offers 1x rates, it does not offer 1x content. There are a lot of bugs and workarounds that are not Blizzlike, making leveling there a long slog through content that is in many cases different than what the Classic player remembers.

The person I quoted isn't interested in pre-60 content anyway, so my point was that they should simply try a server like Feenix's Warsong, where the population is mostly interested in instant raiding and what development there is caters to that playerbase. Kronos clearly isn't geared towards that same playerbase.

ED lives because of Warsong's (12x) high population base when it launched, the endgame there is almost completely dead at this point, however.

My point was that like you're telling him to go to Warsong because he wants higher rates, I'm saying you might as well go to the myriad of dead 1x servers. Instead of addressing his point, you dismissed it because he doesn't like killing boars.

For those of us that just want to play the endgame I don't see why we shouldn't have access to higher leveling rates, and allow the people who want to play at 1x rates to do so without forcing us to do the same. You literally have nothing to lose by playing on a high rate server at 1x, while players who don't want to invest 2 months in a server they don't know is going to be successful or not aren't turned away.

My main focus also is engame content. I just don't want this serves economy to suffer just so I can reach the level cap faster.
Not going into detail cause its been discussed in other threads already...
Other servers are a broken mess. You want the same imbalanced economy here too just for the sake to reach the level cap faster?

My main focus also is engame content. I just don't want this serves economy to suffer just so I can reach the level cap faster.
Not going into detail cause its been discussed in other threads already...
Other servers are a broken mess. You want the same imbalanced economy here too just for the sake to reach the level cap faster?

I don't see how the economy is affected if drop rates aren't changed.

Having the option for high rates still allows people to level 1x, if enough people want to level 1x and it truly makes up the majority I don't see why they can't have their leveling fun while the rest of us rush to endgame.

Like I said, browse the forum. Its been explained countless times by now. It WILL effect the economy severly.
Small example if you are still not convinced.
How would the prices for Arcanite Bars look like if people can easily create 5 chars for cooldowns? Or hide away multiple chars in remote areas to farm herbs with?

Like I said, browse the forum. Its been explained countless times by now. It WILL effect the economy severly.
Small example if you are still not convinced.
How would the prices for Arcanite Bars look like if people can easily create 5 chars for cooldowns? Or hide away multiple chars in remote areas to farm herbs with?

They would probably go down because of an increased supply.

You can also do this if you multibox, but what you're complaining about are things that happen on a server with a high population, i.e a lot of 60s, there will be more 60s with high rates since less people dropping out before they hit 60 since they don't want to spend 3 months grinding, as well as people who just want to play for the endgame and don't want to level through Azeroth for the 10,000th time.

Thats a lot of effort for someone to level 5 characters, then level up their alchemy, just for arcanite bar cooldowns, even at 7x xp.

Thats a lot of effort for someone to level 5 characters, then level up their alchemy, just for arcanite bar cooldowns, even at 7x xp.

Not really, with 1 level 60 herbalist you can have 5 level 35ers spitting out arcanite bars in no time.

It's a good point about the multiboxers being able to emulate high exp rates thou.

Not really, with 1 level 60 herbalist you can have 5 level 35ers spitting out arcanite bars in no time.

It's a good point about the multiboxers being able to emulate high exp rates thou.

It is a lot of effort, I don't know if you guys have ever played on increased xp rate servers, but leveling 5 characters does take a few hours of time invested for each, then factor in leveling alchemy, farming the herbs for it, etc, just for arcanite cooldowns.

The fact that accounts are free and unlimited is what's going to create issues, not leveling rates.

Having the option for high rates still allows people to level 1x, if enough people want to level 1x and it truly makes up the majority I don't see why they can't have their leveling fun while the rest of us rush to endgame.
Nobody wants to be on 30 lvl while his guildmates are raiding in MC. Even most of 1× rates lovers.

Nobody wants to be on 30 lvl while his guildmates are raiding in MC. Even most of 1× rates lovers.

Nobody wants to be level 30 when they could be raiding.

If 1x players play for the pre-60 content, they have that available, people who want to play for the endgame shouldn't be forced to simulate boar genocide at 1x rates when the 1xers and high rate players could both have their way.

If the 1x community actually exists in the way its represented here on the forums, they should be able to be self sustaining playing at those rates, while players who want higher rates can hit 60 and play the parts of the game they want to play without spending 3 months grinding.

I can say a lot of people are turned off by 1x vanilla leveling, especially those who've played on other private servers, its a lot of time to invest into a server you don't know is going to be successful or have an active endgame.

Nobody wants to be level 30 when they could be raiding.

If 1x players play for the pre-60 content, they have that available, people who want to play for the endgame shouldn't be forced to simulate boar genocide at 1x rates when the 1xers and high rate players could both have their way.

If the 1x community actually exists in the way its represented here on the forums, they should be able to be self sustaining playing at those rates, while players who want higher rates can hit 60 and play the parts of the game they want to play without spending 3 months grinding.

I can say a lot of people are turned off by 1x vanilla leveling, especially those who've played on other private servers, its a lot of time to invest into a server you don't know is going to be successful or have an active endgame.

If you are so tired of leveling just stop playing on those utter crap servers immediatly, in 3 month, you'll be eager for leveling on the right server- Kronos.

If you are so tired of leveling just stop playing on those utter crap servers immediatly, in 3 month, you'll be eager for leveling on the right server- Kronos.

I haven't played on a vanilla server for 6 months, and no I won't enjoy it, because it still sucks, and its still the same 4 things over and over:

Grind X number of Y
Grind X mobs, until you get Y number of Z
Run around and click things
Run 2 zones over with no mount

It's one giant boar killing simulator.

ROFL boar genocide simulation

With 2-3x rates there would still be a lot going on at lower levels and profession mats collection at lower level would be fine. It would just take 4.5 days played or 3 days played instead of 9 days played to hit 60.

When the server opens, add people you play with at early levels to your friends list. You'll find with 1x that a huge amount of people will burn out and stop playing during that dreaded 35-45 range.

This is just the reality.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like the original 1.12.1 why are you even here then ???

If you don't like Gnomeragon why are you even interested in high end raiding and end game pvp!!?!?!?

What a silly statement.

Top Bottom