• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

TFW

That's all I'm shilling for, the option, the option for 1x will still exist, that's why they've listed the potential XP rates as 1x-Xx
We've already had this discussion. (and all the possible discussions about xp rates for that matter)
"Some players prefer 1x and some do not, but those who don't would level in a few days and start farming "the more important" stuff, going DM/BRS... maybe even getting bored with that after a while and flaming guildmates to level quicker because they want to start raiding etc, etc, which would make all others abandon 1x rates and switch to highest possible to catch up.
It's still a competitive game and when you're killing the sixtieth pirate in Tanaris for those damn hats and a guildmate is flexing with a lucky first run epic drop from Rivendare it doesn't really make you feel like you are winning at all."
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/85364-Leveling-rates?p=675227&viewfull=1#post675227

Also, why can't I "+1/-1/you suck DIAF" any posts yet?
I believe you need an authorized forum account for that. That will probably have to wait until you're all levelled up after Kronos launches.
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/62386-Forum-authorization

Last edited:
I believe you need an authorized forum account for that. That will probably have to wait until you're all levelled up after Kronos launches.

Thanks. I Google translated some Czech page that said something about needing 10 posts in a forum but I'm pretty sure I've passed that already.

Preach, Brother Lharts!

Ya don't give the kids candy just because they're squalling--you make 'em wait for dinner.

The reason the other 1x servers die off isn't because everyone gets bored, as the 12xers want to believe. They die off because those servers' pre-raid content sucks to level through because it simply isn't accurate. 1xers want to play vanilla again, not play ghetto-fabulous WoW on somebody's DDoS'd Pentium II.

Also, why can't I "+1/-1/you suck DIAF" any posts yet?

>inb4 debaser quotes some part of this and claims I support his position

There are 5 1x servers right now, I can tell you they aren't shit because their low level content isn't scripted, most of it comes fine with the default core servers use. They're shit because they are low population, 1x rates turn people off to rolling on a server especially when there's no guarantee of success (this is, afterall, Kronos 4). Without an active endgame, people stop having a reason to play, I'm suggesting higher rates available as an option (you can STILL level 1x if killing boars is that much fun) because it would help build that endgame community, which more than anything else needs population.

We've already had this discussion. (and all the possible discussions about xp rates for that matter)
"Some players prefer 1x and some do not, but those who don't would level in a few days and start farming "the more important" stuff, going DM/BRS... maybe even getting bored with that after a while and flaming guildmates to level quicker because they want to start raiding etc, etc, which would make all others abandon 1x rates and switch to highest possible to catch up.
It's still a competitive game and when you're killing the sixtieth pirate in Tanaris for those damn hats and a guildmate is flexing with a lucky first run epic drop from Rivendare it doesn't really make you feel like you are winning at all."
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread....l=1#post675227

The people who join the server 3 months after release will have the same issue being behind the rest of the server. 1x players obviously are going to want to play the low level content, so if it's truly that enjoyable, they shouldn't have a problem.

You're right when you say people would probably switch out to higher rates, regardless of peer pressure, many times you hit a wall where the only option is to grind out to the next level, doing that at 1x is painful. If this server wants an active population and active endgame, there needs to be something to foster faster leveling for people who would otherwise be sick of it or have no motivation to roll on the server.

It's not 2006, there's already custom content being implemented on the server, Kronos developers may be good but they do not shit rainbows, so you can't hold up on majestic scripting as a hook for people (Molten is the most populated private server, if you've ever played there you'd know how awful the scripting is).

You're right when you say people would probably switch out to higher rates, regardless of peer pressure, many times you hit a wall where the only option is to grind out to the next level, doing that at 1x is painful.

If its your experience, then you doing something wrong. Or simply you playing on overbugged servers. I never had this problem. Even if i was playing on bad,poor scripted 1x servers.
If you negate both options, then you seems to be ordinary grinder, who see the only one viable way to get lvl 60. > via killing boars.

Ill be bored too,tagging and killing mindlessly thousands of mobs to reach the 60. In this case i fully understand you. (sadly, its unbelievable annoying for me even at 12x rates)

Reactions: Zed
If its your experience, then you doing something wrong. Or simply you playing on overbugged servers. I never had this problem. Even if i was playing on bad,poor scripted 1x servers.
If you negate both options, then you seems to be ordinary grinder, who see the only one viable way to get lvl 60. > via killing boars.

Ill be bored too,tagging and killing mindlessly thousands of mobs to reach the 60. In this case i fully understand you. (sadly, its unbelievable annoying for me even at 12x rates)

last time i checked you got xp from killing mobs and doing quests. please tell me what other ways of grinding you are talking about? noticed how he said when you hit a wall, the good quests run out and then you have to grind to get to the next good quests, thats how vanilla works you do the good quests and grind out the bad spots, dont tell me dungeons give you xp because they give you jack shit for xp. go take a look at joanas 1-60 leveling guide and you will see that there is grinding. ive leveled multiple 60s on 1x servers i know how it works.

Last edited:
What if Blizzard opens a stand alone Vanilla server , what rates will they use? I guess all Vanilla fans here want a legit Blizz Clasic WoW server. I want. And i will pay for it. I will pay for it even if it starts with patch 1.0.0. And those were some hard times.
Now Kronos team wants to offer us a "real" Vanilla game. They already bended some rules to make it easier for us ( 10 g respec is so nice belive me, i saw how it worked on K2). I remember when we played on Molten Core server with 4X some dude was angry he can't kill even a single mob not to mention groups of 2 or 3. Why? cause he was so undergeared as a warrior.
I like classic WoW so much and i will play on K3 even on 1X. I don't know why people say that only 60 endgame content is the only reason they play. My best memories from retail WoW are in 1-59 lvl range, all the ganking, all the exploring, all the questions , all the friends , all wipes in lower dungeons, and i will keep them forever. I can't say i did not enjoyed lvl 60 content. That was nice too, but they are 2 parts that need to co-exist.
I don't know what is the best solution for server survivability: start with 1X then have the option for 1-4X or vice-versa. Either way i know i will enjoy it with my old friends.

I prolly will enjoy x1 ,is server fail at x1 , K4 with higher rate and no bug will not fail )

Personally I'm not going to bother with the server if it isn't x1 only, cause contrary to popular belief the game starts at level 1 - not level 60. It isn't even half as painful as some people make it to be, right at the start of or at the end of ever tenth level is when you might run into a lack of quests and grinding half a level isn't particularly hard or troublesome.

You don't get the point...
Its not even about enjoying to level. I don't enjoy it, yet I support 1x.

Leveling 1x is not fun at all. However it is also the only one I'll play. Keeps the game nostalgic, even challenging with some classes. Pull 2 as a warrior mid-20s, rip.

Haha, nice thread. Yea, back before Nos and Kronos, so many people thought x1 is a waste which will never be popular. Warsong > Emerald Dream they said. So funny how it all turned out...

Top Bottom