• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The best from next datadiscs

Egeria

Authorized
Hello guys,

I would like to ask if is possible (technically) to takeover good things from other datadiscs (TBC, WOTLK,...) mainly

Meeting stones/dungeon finder/some kind of instant portal to dungeon from world
World login into BGs

I know, this is not blizzlike but this is thing that can make game more comfortable for casual players, you know spend 30 minutes ride into dungeon is really boring...

Thank you for answer :)

Well the meeting stone is quite simple as it exists in the files and could be changed to having a behavior similar to BG que however its not blizzlike. if you want major features then making a wotlk and then downscaling it to tbc or vanilla to use the advanced wotlk would be the smartest approach but what you gain is a fun server with a lot of wasted time.

To be honest, when you get accustomed to that QoL improvements from later expansions are not present here, you stop wanting them to get back. I play vanilla for 5 years now and even though I played retail or other expansions in meantime, I don't miss summoning stones, LFG or other QoL improvements from later expansions there. Yes, it takes time to get to dungeon. But from IF, It takes 15 minutes max to get to any place in the world and that is not so bad. It gives you time to get food, drink, read forums, bug tracker, chat, etc.

LFR killed any interaction with the world, summoning stone were the first-steppingstone to that approach. Even if you are a casual player, Vanilla wow is mainly about -> time spent = amount of rewards. You get nothing in Vanilla by being a typical retail casual

Top Bottom