• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Final Touches

Ha ha!! You guyz gave me a big smile. Some joined this project for not less then 2 weeks, maybe 1 months and they say their hype is dead. My hype started in 2009 when i played on other several servers till i found Kronos in 2012. I LOVED Kronos 2. I am just so f***ing lucky to have a tester account now. Sometimes i just log in just to take my "daily dose".
If you feel like you can't wait no more, how does it makes me feel? I should be trashing this forum. But i am not. Why? Because i REALLY trust that Twinstar can deliver the best vanilla server.
Ofc i wish Kronos would have more developers but if i take in consideration the fact that most of what is Kronos today is the effort of Chero alone i am 100% sure that this server is in good hands. Well maybe not alone since many others are involved (testers, GMs, etc) but i strongly believe that Chero made more things than Peenix's developers summed all together.
Chero for president!
Yeah february 11 would be a nice release day for EU players :D

This kills the hype. I'm not sure if I can deal with yet another "soon".

Now it all depends on which server goes online first.

If you think like that then just continue playing on freenix.

Kronos is way ahead of all other servers. Even lets say you watch both Projects Videos look both of them what they have done then you will see that one Server is average and the other just low. Seriously how can a Project bring a Video with pala bubble can not get flag in wsg this bug is so old(and y even feenix fixed it long time ago) why even mention it just one example to talk.

Excellent news! I'm more than willing to wait things out a bit if it means having a quality experience as the end result. That aside, I don't think it will be much longer than a month or two; the team seems to have made considerable progress from where they initially started and appears to be in the polishing phase. Though I won't hold my breath, I'll be patient with whatever the development team has in mind.

Nice work guys! Looking forward to more progress marks in the coming weeks.

So she said, that this post says absolutely nothing.
The post definitely does say something. It assures the people that the staff is aware of their impatience and their desire to get an estimated release date/dungeon previews/more representative progress bar. It also informs people that the development process has moved on from mechanics-creating to much more easily quantifiable things such as dungeon scripting. No more wondering how to fix the AI, or pathfinding, or hack detection. Just straight up adding a spell to a mob, or telling him to move a few yards to the left. Plus adding/fixing a few events maybe. That's good news for me.

It's like a political speech crafted, to shut people up.
That, it maybe is. Sometimes the people need shutting up though.

Why not wait? Why would anyone in their right mind post something like this, when they have nothing to say? Why not wait until they can tell people actual information?
One reason why not wait you've already mentioned. To shut people up. The other, better one, is, that people themselves demanded these kind of posts. I'm sure you won't have trouble searching for posts where they crave any attention/statement even when the staff doesn't have nothing new to tell them. (Which isn't even the case now)

Ha ha!! You guyz gave me a big smile. Some joined this project for not less then 2 weeks, maybe 1 months and they say their hype is dead. My hype started in 2009 when i played on other several servers till i found Kronos in 2012. I LOVED Kronos 2. I am just so f***ing lucky to have a tester account now. Sometimes i just log in just to take my "daily dose".
If you feel like you can't wait no more, how does it makes me feel? I should be trashing this forum. But i am not. Why? Because i REALLY trust that Twinstar can deliver the best vanilla server.
Ofc i wish Kronos would have more developers but if i take in consideration the fact that most of what is Kronos today is the effort of Chero alone i am 100% sure that this server is in good hands. Well maybe not alone since many others are involved (testers, GMs, etc) but i strongly believe that Chero made more things than Peenix's developers summed all together.
Chero for president!
Yeah february 11 would be a nice release day for EU players :D

Very well said.

Some people are a little too passionate (aka impatient) but it is because they really want to play on Kronos.
It's a side-effect of hype let's just embrace the influx of new players.

Take your time, devs. I've just started playing skyrim again until you pop this server open, so I got plenty of time! Make it the quality server you and us want it to be! Thank you for the update.

Take your time, devs. I've just started playing skyrim again until you pop this server open, so I got plenty of time! Make it the quality server you and us want it to be! Thank you for the update.

Yah I just installed that myself but I gotta finish up Tomb Raider 1 first, the real one from 96.

As said earlier, it won't go to 100%. AQ and Naxx missing on launch. Some minor issues left etc. More like 9-14% to go.

If you look at it, it seems that only the dungeons are missing a few percents here and there. Although, it's strange, that nothing is considered done (100%) on either of the progress bars.

If you look at it, it seems that only the dungeons are missing a few percents here and there. Although, it's strange, that nothing is considered done (100%) on either of the progress bars.

All projects that claim to have 100% working content are blatantly lying to their community. Do you want that?
95% means there is room to improve. If only on some smaller parts.
95% Kronos = 150% somewhere else.

The bar raised cause of SFK. We tested it yesterday and Chero did some improvements on it. Its not perfect yet, but its awesome either way. -> 90% SFK

Last edited:
All projects that claim to have 100% working content are blatantly lying to their community. Do you want that?
95% means there is room to improve. If only on some smaller parts.
95% Kronos = 150% somewhere else.

The bar raised cause of SFK. We tested it yesterday and Chero did some improvements on it. Its not perfect yet, but its awesome either way. -> 90% SFK

Okay fair enough.

Btw that's why I haven't played on any private server past lvl10 maybe, because after a few hours of playing, something is always off. Like, you know that things are working wrong. That that's the sign for me to alt+f4 instantly.

For example, yesterday I tried Vengeance. People said it's in pretty good shape, might worth a try to kill time. I made a warrior, started leveling, and got Charge. The thing with charge is, that it doesn't take you to melee range, it always stops you before that, so you can't hit you target immediately, and I distinctly remember, that in retail vanilla you could instantly hit your target after charge (hamstring for example). It was a minor thing, but none the less, infuriating. Such a basic mechanic and just wrong... So the question comes up after an experience like this; What else can I expect from a server like this? And I just leave right there and then.

Last edited:
If they wait til summer most people will be raiding on the other vanilla server set to launch any day by then. Will they be able to pull them back? Maybe, maybe not. That's a gamble though.

Personally I think Kronos is looking better at this point but I'm still going to be playing, at least initially, on whichever releases first and then go from there.

Like the Kronos devs said in a previous post, they monitor the MMO landscape and they know that if they take too long to release it might mean the server will suffer from a low population.

No way this this isn't released by March at the absolute latest.

First of all, there is no other vanilla server that is worth playing. Secondly, you really don't know how this server is, unless you played on it heavily and you're not biased.

I'm telling you again, there's no fucking way this would be release before summer, if they want the least amount of quality. Sure they can release and have another "blizlike" server. Sure it will probably much better than the others...

First time I came on this forum I saw people expecting the "this fall" release advertised on the site. I said then the same thing: there is no fucking way to have this release "this fall", and guess what?

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...ost-population?p=690261&viewfull=1#post690261

I'm a software developer myself and I've seen and done a shitload of estimates, and this is not looking good for the near future. The best thing to do is to let them work in peace...

First of all, there is no other vanilla server that is worth playing. Secondly, you really don't know how this server is, unless you played on it heavily and you're not biased.

I'm telling you again, there's no fucking way this would be release before summer, if they want the least amount of quality. Sure they can release and have another "blizlike" server. Sure it will probably much better than the others...

First time I came on this forum I saw people expecting the "this fall" release advertised on the site. I said then the same thing: there is no fucking way to have this release "this fall", and guess what?

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...ost-population?p=690261&viewfull=1#post690261

I'm a software developer myself and I've seen and done a shitload of estimates, and this is not looking good for the near future. The best thing to do is to let them work in peace...
212.jpg

Rebirth is back up again.Its the best server our there before Kronos or Nostalrius is released.
In case you want to give it a try : NO LINKS SORRY

Last edited by a moderator:

I told you ^^

I'm telling you again, there's no fucking way this would be release before summer

And I'm member of Twinstar community for 5 years and member of Kronos community from the begining I can tell you, that with 90% probability, server will be out till May.

will i've been waiting alot for this server and i'm expecting it to be something awesome as i'm tired of playing with bugs server crashes and other things
i was also woundering what kind of protection does the server have againest DDOS or any other hackers i hope its something so we would enjoy it :D

i was also woundering what kind of protection does the server have againest DDOS or any other hackers i hope its something so we would enjoy it :D

Well, you will never know what kind of protection we have.

Top Bottom