• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Final Touches

zarquon

Dear future Players,

The new year is already well underway and of course you are eagerly awaiting the launch of Kronos. And as so often, regarding the launch of our project, there is some good news and there is some bad news that we want to share with you today.

Lets's start with the bad news:
Everyday there is more people asking when the server will launch or what our ETA is. And after we failed to meet our "late 2014 ETA aim" we hesitate to give out a new vague ETA.
We talked about this issue a couple of days ago once again figuring out whether or not we can set a launch date.
And the answer is no.
We have talked about a specific date not too far ahead, but for the moment, it is too 'hot' to touch.
All we could have done is making another 'vague' estimation, but that's not what we want to do as of now.
We want to give you the final date, but for that, we need a little more time to figure it out.

Speaking about more time, let's move on to the good news:
Finally, after implementing lots of new and unique mechanics and many more improvements to the core, we are now on the finishing touches to the surface of Azeroth. The stuff that is more recognizable for you players. That is the dungeons and the last few quests that need some fine tuning.
Our team of testers, past and present, have done a terrific job in researching and reporting even the very small details and for that, we owe them a big thank you! We have already started getting on it and you all will be seeing the results very soon.

Many of you have demanded some dungeon or quest previews and that is what you will be getting in the upcoming time. There will be some sneak peeks on the most interesting implementations and fixes for various dungeons which you will certainly enjoy seeing.

As the dungeons are getting finalized, you will also see some large jumps on our progress bar!
A lot of work that we've done in the past months is not represented in the overall progress bar and that is why you didn't see it progressing as fast as you've probably expected. But as stated, we are now focussing on the subjects that are represented there and that means you will finally see it progressing in a very desireable pace. You can look forward to it.

Good things are about to come up and Kronos is coming closer and closer.
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
I am cautiously optimistic that this server will release by the end of march. I am thinking they will spend the rest of Jan working on a release date, and then give at least a months notice to said release.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly? It makes Kronos even more Blizzlike. Wall of text that says nothing.

Man they said everything. All they didn't give was a final release date. They say that the % competed bar is inaccurate, implying that in reality they are far past the 80% mark, and will update the progress bar soon. They honestly probably could put a release date up, but they are being extra careful to make sure no more setbacks come up before doing so.

2/28/15 is my guess for release.

Which will give me a full 2 months of play time before I start school. I can live with that. :biggrin:

I am thinking they will spend the rest of Jan working on a release date, and then give at least a months notice to said release.
Yep, are you planning to give at least a rough ETA someday soon? Or there is planned to be only an "server coming next Friday" announcement?

I belive, that in next 4 weeks we will see final release date. I gues that it will be late february/early march.

This is all what this post does. Implies things, but says nothing concrete. This is supposed to be an "info" post, yet all it does is just disrespects the audience, that is eager to hear any actual INFO.

Last edited:
This is all what this post does. Implies things, but says nothing concrete. This is supposed to be an "info" post, yet all it does is just disrespects the audience, that is eager to hear any actual INFO.

Weird! It's like they don't want to commit to anything in case crazy people tell them they're bad people in case they can't deliver!

Now where would they get that idea do you think?

Happy to finally receive a front page update! Looking forward to see the dungeon previews, hopefully they aren't too far off.

This is all what this post does. Implies things, but says nothing concrete.
Something about what they're implying is here: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...he-development?p=710381&viewfull=1#post710381, in case if you haven't seen. If they were working on such a deep things - it is no wonder that no "real info" is here. Technical work is very important, but unimpressive for the most of us. The post says that now they proceed to finish something more impressive for everybody - dungeons etc.

To be honest - I'm disappointed a bit too. But Blizzlike is Blizzlike. Our patience is... trained, so everything's gonna be alright :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I'm bummed that there's no news on a release date, I ain't gonna lie. But I also understand that a server gets exactly one shot at an opening day, and the word of mouth advertisement generated by that day has the highest value. That's just how it is.

some comments are just way too retarded...
you cry if you don't get updates
you cry about updates

so, which is it then?

some comments are just way too retarded...
you cry if you don't get updates
you cry about updates

so, which is it then?

I dont believe people are disappointed because the update didnt live up to their expectation, but rather because it didnt contain anything new.

If you are following the forum on a daily basis you would find everything that was in the update already mentioned few days ago. The only thing that is actually new is that they dont have a release date yet.

Now i am not bashing the staff or being disrespectful but i also understand the disappointment of some people, just be patient and wait a bit longer... It will pay off in the end.

Last edited:
Some people need to knock it off with their negativity, this is good news! You pretty much all must have already known that they weren't going to say another release date so soon. So the news is essentially that they promise to start updating the progress bar again soon and promise to start releasing videos of instances and quests soon. Music to my ears!

11th of Febuary I think Kronos will launch. Retail vanilla release date in Europe.:innocent:

Top Bottom