• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Final Touches

You are complaining, that server release was delayed. I have been waiting for it from its announcement (8 months now) so what mean month or two more?
And if you are not sure if it's worth waiting, then i can tell, that Psojed is a good indicator. From what i know, this Vanilla "fanatic" have tryed every vanilla pserver in past 5 years and if he's waiting for something, then it's worth it :biggrin:

I see it like this. The delayed release is a boon. Each extra day before launch is a gift. It gives us more time to recruit others. I've been spreading the good word of Kronos, and will continue to do so. I hope you will all do the same.

And I know that if you miss your deadline, the hype surrounding your product will die off unless it's something really big like GTAV (and even with AAA titles like that you can see the hype go down after each delay).
Then I see you don't know the GTA PC community, many people are saying that they will pirate the game and spread it on torrent sites for vengeance of being mistreated by R*. The rants about the delays is at least 25x worse on GTA Forums than it's here.

GTA V PC was the chance of R* fixing their reputation with the PC gamers that got destroyed after the incident called GTA IV, but instead of doing it, they decided to delay the PC version for the 2nd time only to milk the NG consoles sales and leave the PC fanbase COMPLETELY in the darkness without informations... for almost 3.5 years...

To they deal the last blow on the PC gamers after the anounce of the second delay, they've sent some scrapped 4k resolution screenshots full of aliasing and LODs (some of them remembers GTA SA graphics) with some dubious system requirements.

e0CFsJ.jpg

GTA%20PC.jpg
TdnEMn4.jpg

You guys should chill out because at least the staff of the incoming "Kronus" keeps you tuned time by time with news and the server development seems to be transparent. Let the devs take their time to work on the server because if they release the server as it is right now, people will start making complaints about some minor bugs on their classes/professions that got overlooked due to the haste and rush to release the server. At least the devs of the server has delayed the release date because they are really polishing the game, unlike R*..

Last edited:
I can't wait for a good Vanilla server to come out. I also don't want it being rushed before the server is finished. We can't have the server up for a week then down for a few months because of some major game breaking bugs. The things that i would like to see correct at launch are the classes working right with spells and 100% done. I also want to see all quests working right and at least the first few dungeons at 100% at launch. The raids can wait until later to implement because it will take a while for players to get to 60. Players won't be doing raids for a few months after launch anyway. The AI also needs to be working 100% like it should. Latency issues are also a concern. I don't want to be disconnected and I don't want to constantly die due to high server latency. I really hope that the devs take their time releasing the server and don't release anything until it is ready. If it is released only half finished, people will exploit game breaking bugs and they will have a major advantage over other players who join later. Test everything and try to find a way to break it. If there is a way to break anything, fix the issues. This server has a good fanbase already and I just want to be sure that Kronos lives up to its word on producing a 100% Blizz server.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I believe the game won't be ready until maybe Fall or Winter of this year. They still have a while to go and they need to make sure everything is perfect. I don't see it done anytime soon if they want it to be a Blizzlike server. After they fix everything how they want it, just testing and fixing additional bugs they find will take a while. It might be playable but it won't be Blizzlike for a while.

Jason, if you look at the bugs, they're all minor except for a few spell problems. Nothing will be "game breaking." Also, your statement about Kronos releasing in either "Fall or Winter" because "they still have a while to go" isnt exactly correct either. The progress bar wouldnt lie, and 81 percent with a few things to fix up would not make the project "a while to go." Just my outlook at your statement.

I was looking more at the progress on a few dungeons like Gnomeregan, which is at 40%. I think the classes will be working right but 40% for Gnomeregan is still a while to go. Also the class quests I would like to see working. Many servers have class quests that don't work. One server even has a mob of 3 enemies that circle around then another 4 rogues that spawn when you attack another enemy. You need to kill 5 enemies at once and it is impossible to solo. This quest takes place in Elwynn Forest for a rogue quest. In the regular Blizz servers I know random mobs shouldn't spawn like that. Maybe I was being a little pesimistic about the release date. I can see maybe late summer or fall being a possibility for release. I just don't think the server will be ready in the Spring. That date is just too close.

I stand by a few of the points you're making for sure. Class quests are a big part of what I'm looking forward to doing. I believe they'll get them to a beyond par working condition. As for the spawning I believe they'll also do a good job on that, b/c they already have implemented npcs reacting to the player (casters running away, freezing, etc.) I believe if they are already working on things like that, they have npc spawning down to a science. But I can understand you're thinking on the release date, but I just don't think they'll wait that long.

You can see the AI mechanics here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyojQ31gafA

Last edited:
There is a group of 15-20 people on this forum that are online 24/7 discussing who is more knowledgeable and "greater" than the others and mainly their opponents in the dispute.
These people obviously have more than enough free time and some kind of megalomania, dont even bother getting in their disputes, you will only waste your nerves and time.:biggrin:
I wont mention any forum names, because I dont want to unknowingly offend somebody, but if you check around the topics you will see who they are, and they are always the same 15-20 people starting all the disputes and "deep discussions" about WoW.

1 it me ) but im farming forum post

I hope it doesn't take long. I just want it to launch when it is finished and not too soon. I know all the devs have been hard at work and have done a great job so far. I believe the launch date is coming up soon but not as soon as some people are thinking. Some people have even said either february or march possibly. I think those dates are too soon. It is getting close to done but I would guess another 3 or 4 months before it is finished at the earliest. I can see where a lot of things will be finished and I am also glad they won't release it until everything is working like it should.

Fixing the server to accomodate a bunch of players and having good security will probably be the biggest issue coming up. A trial run a few weeks before the launch date would be a good idea to make sure the server can handle a lot of people at once. Maybe set aside a trial weekend for anyone that wants to try out the server. Any new bugs, security or lag issues that come up can be solved then. Checking the server under a heavy load will be a lot different than with only developers and testers playing on the server. It will give a people a chance to check out what the server is like and spread the word. It's nice to see some real progress on a vanilla server and I'm looking forward to a good quality vanilla server.

To a lesser man, the page is full of information, but to greater men like me its blank.

What is the command to facepalm you? I'm new here.
No command at all. For those who are not 60 on Kronos afaik. There's some complicated forum reputation system, but it works now only for Kronos veterans.

To a lesser man, the page is full of information, but to greater men like me its blank.
I'd rather mark it The Cool One if I could xD ra2z complains about Kronos slow pace might be annoying, but this particular comment is witty.

I will be honest and say, regarding the original post, nearly all information that was stated is fairly easily found within the forums already.

I'm pretty new to this site (will be the first private server I ever played on) and heard about this on a YouTube channel. I was glad I checked it out; so much so that I decided to give WoW a shot again (I quit in the beginning of Cata. Just wasn't the same game).

You guys take as long as you need; gives me more time to decide on a class I want to play and also to live my real life before it is once again consumed by WoW.

The progress I have seen on your YouTube channel is amazing and you guys are doing an even better job than Blizzard in their own game. I cannot wait for the finished project but I hope you all continue taking your time on the server until YOU as a whole can release something you can be proud of. That is the ultimate goal, next of course are the players who will enjoy it.

Which we will no doubt thanks to the hard work and dedication you guys are doing. Good luck guys and keep it up! :)

I would like to warn you, that even through Kronos have realy good scripting, it's still private server based on emulator and so it's going to have flaws.

I would like to warn you, that even through Kronos have realy good scripting, it's still private server based on emulator and so it's going to have flaws.

Is there anything specific we should anticipate?

Top Bottom