• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The goddamn lag

crimsonsage

Authorized
12-14 second delays in BWL tonight. Ping bounced around from 750 at its best to literally over 9000 at its worse. Bosses would get pulled and I could hear my guild talking on Teamspeak, a solid 12+ seconds before I even saw any animation changes on my screen. I was lucky to get a few auto-attacks in before the boss was below 50% health.

This game is literally unplayable, meanwhile Kronos GMs:

looks-fine-to-me.jpg

My jimmys are rustled. Please tell your fucking network provider to upgrade from 10/100mbps network cards and join us all in the age of non-dial-up internet connections.

Honestly, lag is currently enemy #1 of Kronos. THIS is primary thing that will make people leave. Haven't enjoyed a raid for a looooong time now. Patience has a limit - just change host already. Fine, take it offline for week or two, whatever, just fix this horrible and unpredictable lag.

Yep, it's awful. K1 is deader than ever, yet it seems to be getting more and more unresponsive; feels like my character is trying to do things while covered in mud. Can't enjoy PVE or PVP due to the lag, and I find it very odd that things worked better for me before the host transfer and "hardware upgrade".

Hardware upgrade = taking half the RAM and HDDs from K1 to supply K2. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, it's awful. K1 is deader than ever, yet it seems to be getting more and more unresponsive; feels like my character is trying to do things while covered in mud. Can't enjoy PVE or PVP due to the lag, and I find it very odd that things worked better for me before the host transfer and "hardware upgrade".

everything worked better for everyone before the original ddos and subsequent move.

you don't know what you are talking about

everything worked better for everyone before the original ddos and subsequent move.

you don't know what you are talking about

Yeah that's what I'm saying. The supposed upgrade was actually a downgrade, and this hasn't been addressed months after it occurred. In fact, things seem to be getting worse currently. Funny that you claim I don't know what I'm talking about, yet pretty much support my point. Oh well, carry on facepalming every post instead of actually contributing to any sort of discussion:wink:.

Last edited:
I do not agree with the way the thread opener is pointing out at this lag issue, and in general I think that for the sake of a constructive communication we should always be "polite" and don't act like a kid who wants his toy fixed NOW!!!

But yea, it seems odd that there is no official statement about this weird lag that is affecting the server for months. I said it's a "weird" kind of lag, becouse looks like it doesn't affect everyone (or maybe not everyone notices it) and it goes up and down. There are some little or big lag spikes from time to time, and a constant little delay that increases during peak hours.

This is the main reason why I don't PvP anymore, this constant delay gives a huge disadvantage to melees classes; for instance as a warrior it's almost impossible to apply hamstring right after you charge a target that is running away, and sometimes not even piercing howl is able to reach it. It's hard to pummel/kick to interrupt spell casting even when you do it with the best timing possible.

So what options do I have if the main reason why I play this game is to PvP with my warrior?

Anyways this is all the whining I got this evening, have a good day.

I do not agree with the way the thread opener is pointing out at this lag issue, and in general I think that for the sake of a constructive communication we should always be "polite" and don't act like a kid who wants his toy fixed NOW!!!

But yea, it seems odd that there is no official statement about this weird lag that is affecting the server for months. I said it's a "weird" kind of lag, becouse looks like it doesn't affect everyone (or maybe not everyone notices it) and it goes up and down. There are some little or big lag spikes from time to time, and a constant little delay that increases during peak hours.

This is the main reason why I don't PvP anymore, this constant delay gives a huge disadvantage to melees classes; for instance as a warrior it's almost impossible to apply hamstring right after you charge a target that is running away, and sometimes not even piercing howl is able to reach it. It's hard to pummel/kick to interrupt spell casting even when you do it with the best timing possible.

So what options do I have if the main reason why I play this game is to PvP with my warrior?

Anyways this is all the whining I got this evening, have a good day.

Here's the thing. I tried to be polite in some previous threads -- specifically one that was recapping on the discussion that the GMs held in their podcast ~1 week ago. The GMs claimed that players were "misrepresenting" what they said in the podcast, and then deleted the VOD so that nobody could see it.

The "unofficial" official statement made during that podcast was that the issue is 100% out of their hands, and it has to do with the host that was selected. Since their hardware is owned and co-located in the host's datacenter, the only way to fix the issue is to shut the servers down, move the hardware, and hope that it works better with the new host.

The Kronos staff are in complete denial about the severity of the issues we are facing, and they won't openly discuss things like population numbers, "server health", etc. The podcast was a good start but half of the questions they couldn't answer since they weren't devs, and they deleted the podcast so nobody could follow up with a list of questions that should be directed to the devs.

My suspicion is that the devs were pissed about the podcast and made the GMs remove the VOD.

All of your other sentiments are accurate. The desync in PVE, coupled with the lag, makes the game truly unbearable to play at times. Since we can't get a statement on a release date for Naxx, we can't get a server merge, and we can't get a new network host.. what else can we do besides aggressively complain/campaign for some of these changes.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. The supposed upgrade was actually a downgrade, and this hasn't been addressed months after it occurred. In fact, things seem to be getting worse currently. Funny that you claim I don't know what I'm talking about, yet pretty much support my point. Oh well, carry on facepalming every post instead of actually contributing to any sort of discussion:wink:.

if you don't understand that the host problems are causing the lag (which you don't) then you don't know what you're talking about. i will be facepalming your posts, do not worry

if you don't understand that the host problems are causing the lag (which you don't) then you don't know what you're talking about. i will be facepalming your posts, do not worry

If i would be kronos (a customer paying for a service) and get shitty service I would annoy the host 24/7 until they fix their issues or eventually switch host. It cant be that hard in 2016 to have the bandwidth and what not for this kind of stuff. If my ISP would screw me over like this, i would instantly switch, even if it means 2 weeks no internet.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't know that it was the host problem, I just imagined it was the Kronos GMs plugging and unplugging the power cord to troll me and everyone else who have invested a lot of time (and real money) into this server. You really are a moron. The host was chosen by the Kronos team, the issue has been well known for a long time, and its getting worse. No action has been taken by the Kronos team beyond saying "sry guyz our host sucks". Maybe that's acceptable for you, but for a lot of the playerbase it is not.

Last edited:
this is when you proved you have no idea what you're talking about, fyi
There was never "hardware upgrade".It was a decoy explanation to buy them time to resolve the issues after moving to the new host. Eventually they settled down and never mentioned hardware again but there was still lag that lasted forever since.

I have only 15 ms less on average on retrowow but instants go up 3 times faster there. I'm not sure if the devs were indifferent to the issue the past 6 months as players didn't have better option but if that is so then i'm glad they do now. And if they cared but didn't want to take down servers for 2 weeks then it was a bad decision in my opinion.

this is when you proved you have no idea what you're talking about, fyi

*Yawn* and this is where you prove you have no reading comprehension or understanding of the situation at all. Go back and read the updates on the Kronos site. At the very least, the upgraded hardware after the host change was supposed to make the server just as good as it was prior to the DDOS attacks, and they made it sound like it might even be better. Neither has happened, therefore their hardware upgrade was a downgrade from baseline. Please do continue trying to make stupid assumptions about what I and others have to say while failing to acknowledge the central issue. You can play this game if you want to, but if the server is dead in a few months, head in the sand attitudes like yours will be to blame - for all of us who want this project to succeed, I hope the administrators will prove themselves to be smarter and more capable of addressing community concerns than you are.

@Hatetrain: If it was just a damage control statement, then shame on them for that and shame on me for believing it, I guess.

Last edited:
*Yawn* and this is where you prove you have no reading comprehension or understanding of the situation at all. Go back and read the updates on the Kronos site. At the very least, the upgraded hardware after the host change was supposed to make the server just as good as it was prior to the DDOS attacks, and they made it sound like it might even be better. Neither has happened, therefore their hardware upgrade was a downgrade from baseline. Please do continue trying to make stupid assumptions about what I and others have to say while failing to acknowledge the central issue. You can play this game if you want to, but if the server is dead in a few months, head in the sand attitudes like yours will be to blame - for all of us who want this project to succeed, I hope the administrators will prove themselves to be smarter and more capable of addressing community concerns than you are.

@Hatetrain: If it was just a damage control statement, then shame on them for that and shame on me for believing it, I guess.

once again proving how you don't know anything, the hardware was upgraded but the new location / anti ddos measures increased latency and some other problems. it's ok, just stop being so wrong all the time. funny how you accuse me of making "stupid assumptions", i'm just here to offer some blowback to people like you that do nothing but whine and spread false narratives.

i dont care what your headcanon says, jeniczek has said the performance will never be as good as it was before the initial ddos

Last edited:
If indeed the "Anti-DDos" filters are the problem in creating this lag for normal palyers, couldn't it not be tested to shut it of and see what happens? I'm pretty sure you are not DDos'ed for months on end now.
If DDos start up again, enable it again, but let's play in the meantime?

once again proving how you don't know anything, the hardware was upgraded but the new location / anti ddos measures increased latency and some other problems. it's ok, just stop being so wrong all the time. funny how you accuse me of making "stupid assumptions", i'm just here to offer some blowback to people like you that do nothing but whine and spread false narratives.

i dont care what your headcanon says, jeniczek has said the performance will never be as good as it was before the initial ddos

You can defend the honor of Kronos all you want Mr. White Knight, but here it is straight from the Kronos home page:

The hardware is on its way and needs to go through numerous countries until it arrives at our provider, at which point it will need to be configured and installed. This process is expected to take 1.5-2 weeks total, of course we will give you an update as soon as we have a more defined time. The great news is that once this hardware arrives, is configured and installed, the server will go back to being as smooth as it was prior to the attacks.

If that is a false narrative, well, it's not really of my creation.

Why are people taking stand of attacking or defending Kronos? It's not about that at all. We simply have an obvious issue that they say lies with their host. Okay, well let's fix it then? Change host? I mean... no attacking or defending, just solve a huge issue that we have to deal with daily.

Exactly what bl4ckc0d3r said, doesn't matter what's the technical issue, it doesn't really concern us players. We're simply worried about the fact that we have this annoying lag for months and there's no official statement about wheter this is going to be fixed or not, or how long it might take to get better.

I don't like to jump from one project to another becouse I really get attached to my characters, but if this lag wont get fixed I'll be forced to look somewhere else to be able to play; it's not hate or bitterness, just a natural consequence of a major server issue. And I do really hope I'll never have to make this decision, becouse this is the best vanilla server I've ever played on so far.

nobody said this

So, there was supposed to be an upgrade. Upgrade to my stupid ears mean, afterwards there is an improvement to be expected. Since we also got DDos protection, it's okay that some or most of the improvements got "eaten up" by filtering all data a lot to weed out DDos-Stuff. Sure. But, this is a big issueand really annoying, so we could at least try and see, if the DDos-thingy is really needed now. If not, let's have the players experience this awesome upgrade and play. If DDos start back up, active again, no one will be angry then, but in idle times suffering lag because of it, i don't get.
Unless this "upgrade" was more a sidegrade or not really an upgrade overall, which is also fine, but could be communicated differently, so people don't expect something and be annoyed afterwards.

( I'm not writing this to attack Kronos, just trying to understand why with a lot less people, the playability itself declines. )

So, there was supposed to be an upgrade. Upgrade to my stupid ears mean, afterwards there is an improvement to be expected. Since we also got DDos protection, it's okay that some or most of the improvements got "eaten up" by filtering all data a lot to weed out DDos-Stuff. Sure. But, this is a big issueand really annoying, so we could at least try and see, if the DDos-thingy is really needed now. If not, let's have the players experience this awesome upgrade and play. If DDos start back up, active again, no one will be angry then, but in idle times suffering lag because of it, i don't get.
Unless this "upgrade" was more a sidegrade or not really an upgrade overall, which is also fine, but could be communicated differently, so people don't expect something and be annoyed afterwards.

( I'm not writing this to attack Kronos, just trying to understand why with a lot less people, the playability itself declines. )

if it was possible to just turn it off and on at will and when needed, pretty sure they would already be doing it

no one will be angry

just because you are a reasonable person does not mean the average player here is

suffering lag because of (mitigation)

again, nobody has said the recent lag issues are because of the mitigation. i will be happy to eat my words but until they actually confirm anything, you should not go around talking as if it is the case

again, nobody has said the recent lag issues are because of the mitigation. i will be happy to eat my words but until they actually confirm anything, you should not go around talking as if it is the case

GMs on twitch did. Seriously, just stop posting and acting like you know it all the best.

GMs on twitch did. Seriously, just stop posting and acting like you know it all the best.

you mean senior gm's that don't have all the info and are not supposed to speak publicly? nice try, and where is the proof of your statement anyway? (there is none lol)

where is your developer application at erminn? you talk like you know anything about running servers but you can't even get a reply back for developing?

Last edited:
you mean senior gm's that don't have all the info and are not supposed to speak publicly? nice try, and where is the proof of your statement anyway? (there is none lol)

where is your developer application at erminn? you talk like you know anything about running servers but you can't even get a reply back for developing?

You must be Ivandrago's alter ego with your level of retardation.

Top Bottom