• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information The Next Steps

How should Naxxramas be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chero

Kronos Administrator
It’s been an incredibly eventful few weeks for the vanilla community as a whole and we as a project have learned a lot about our player base during that time. We asked you for your opinions on how we should move the project forward and you have spoken with clarity and conviction, for which we are truly grateful. So, where are we heading and what’s going to change?

Server merge?

Let us start with the elephant in the room. This has been the single biggest request that you have made and while we understand the desire, we know that it is not immediately possible at this time. However, we simply cannot take this option off the table and must position the project as a whole to be extremely agile and able to adapt to the needs of our community. With the two servers, Kronos I and Kronos II, both sitting at different points in the vanilla timeline, an immediate merge would be a rushed and rash decision that would have lasting implications.
We share your best intentions and passions for our project and we will continue with the community's best interests in mind. Should in the future, the servers' timelines align, we will be in a position to respond swiftly if necessary.

Kronos II: World Dragons & War Effort

Naturally, the forward movement for Kronos II’s timeline to bring it in-line with Kronos I means that we are fulfilling another request that you have made; the release of the Ahn'qiraj War Effort and by association, the Emerald Dragons. This will provide the Kronos II playerbase with new challenges and the opportunity to complete one of the most epic and exclusive quest chains in the history of World of Warcraft.
This content will be unleashed upon the Kronos II population on Sunday December 4th, affording everyone the chance to make the necessary arrangements.

Why So Dodge?

There have been concerns about the state of the competitive PvP scene on Kronos for some time, primarily due to a few imposters that insist on trying to game the system, as opposed to engaging in games that will truly test their ability. In an effort to curb this, we will be implementing a change that will apply a deserter buff to those that do not join a battleground that they have queued for and have been asked to join.
The hope is that this will encourage people to take on the best that their opposing faction has to offer, instead of just dominating the more casual PvPers who are there to get their weekly honor and enjoy the directly competitive side of the game.
This change will come into effect after the next honor update on both Kronos I and Kronos II.

Kronos I: The Scourge Invasion

The Scourge Invasion is a significant event and heralds the opening of one of the most iconic, and what many would call incredibly challenging raids in World of Warcraft history; the dread citadel, Naxxramas. Fresh challenges await newer players and veterans alike when a constant and relentless onslaught of Scourge threaten Azeroth as we know it, springing up beneath multiple Necropoli and establishing camps that must be halted.
You've come to expect nothing but quality from us and our efforts will be focussed on working alongside those who wish to test the instance with us - to ensure that the raiding experience is as accurate, challenging and epic as it should be.

Naxxramas PTR

As a community, you have responded well to our suggestion that we would open up the PTR for Naxxramas testing and we’re happy to encourage your enthusiasm. Therefore, in the coming weeks, we will be releasing the PTR for testing of the Spider Wing. Naturally, the logistics involved in this are fairly complex, so specific details will be provided as we get closer to the time. In the meantime, we ask that those that wish to participate brush up on their knowledge of the encounters and the relevant mechanics.

Naxxramas Release Schedule

During the discussions on our forums about the PTR and the general release of the instance, there were a number of people enquiring as to whether the release would be wing by wing or a “free for all”. As we have promised in the past, we will be seeking your feedback on this. A staggered release will allow us to provide you with content faster, as development continues on the few remaining wings, while a completely open instance would be somewhat delayed.
You can have your say on the subject in this thread and taking part in our poll and the associated discussion.

“Naxxramas and beyond”

A small hint was recently dropped on Reddit by a member of our team that suggested that we would be carrying the Kronos project into further content after Naxxramas and we can confirm that this is the case. Upon the completion of vanilla’s final raiding experience, our development team will turn their attentions to The Burning Crusade. This is the logical next step for the project and allows those who wish to continue their journey with us, the chance to do so with their current characters. Rest assured, measures will be taken to ensure the continuation of the vanilla experience, both for players who wish to begin afresh, and those who want to continue playing their current characters in a vanilla environment.
The planning is currently still in its infancy but we will provide you with more details as we get closer to a releasably experience.

We would like to thank the entire Kronos community for their (generally) constructive comments and feedback over the course of the last week. With your support, we can continue to mould Kronos into the World of Warcraft experience that we all want and deserve.

The Kronos Team

Last edited by a moderator:
"that will apply a deserter buff to those that do not join a battleground"

I don't know how this will help the fact that barely any PVP is being played, most BGs are not running and USA BGs are actually non existent.

Just forget about Naxxramas on Kronos I for now, if anything is bound to kill the server it's having all the content cleared on a low population realm - a lot of the raidloggers will quit after KT dies or has been farmed for a few weeks and new guilds can't form and get into it due to the lack of incoming populace, while old guilds slowly keep disbanding due to no incoming players either. I've seen this happen on various private servers before this, most recently on Feenix last year.

Just focus on releasing AQ on Kronos II, have it farmed for a few weeks/months and then merge the servers. Since your AQ is fairly polished outside some minor issues and Ossirian, you can focus on fixing the class/pathing bugs people have been most vocal about while KII is progressing it.

Cheers.

Does it means that server merge won't be before the next 6 months???
It took K1 6 months to complete it with the 7x xp event + the fresh blood coming from Nost :/

You dont say if the AQ war effort will be Blizzlike (limited to 2months) or Kronos1like, and you stay evasive on the possible merge. You are even hasting Naxx, which could be a good move but then you are delaying the possibility of a merge to post Naxx.

I doubt K1, will survive the next month.

Brochette, I understand what you're saying but given the situation that they're in, this is the perfect response from them. Nothing has been rushed, they're not saying that anything isn't happening yet. They're weighing up the options and moving things to a position that allows them to take the action that's necessary.

+1.

You dont say if the AQ war effort will be Blizzlike (limited to 2months) or Kronos1like, and you stay evasive on the possible merge. You are even hasting Naxx, which could be a good move but then you are delaying the possibility of a merge to post Naxx.

I doubt K1, will survive the next month.
I'm hoping this time around the AQ War Effort will be blizzlike on K2. If it is capped at 2 months, then worst case scenario a merge could happen in a little over 2 months. Now, I'm not sure how many people we could lose before then, but at least they are positioning themselves to allow for a server merge in the most fair way to both servers--even if K1 loses a lot more people by then.

edit: my guess is that the AQ War Effort was not given a blizz-like cap on K1 simply because they were not finished scripting/polishing the raid yet. Since AQ is almost completely polished now (minus a few bugs), there's no reason the War Effort on K2 shouldn't be capped.

Last edited:
Naxx Specific Feedback: (from someone who led one of the only 23 US guilds that cleared retail Naxx during vanilla)

1) Please do CLOSED PTR testing only. Set up specific times, and allow people to sign up to participate in the test (with predetermined requirements/restrictions). This would allow you and your team to observe the testing at a time of your choice, while not putting guild leaders in the awkward position of having to force their players into participating in an OPEN test against their will. It's not a matter of being lazy and not wanting to go on a PTR--no, it's a matter of Naxxramas being that super awesome raid that most people never got to see, and they don't want that "mystique" ruined by PTR testing everything ahead of time.

2) Find a way to give us a Blizzlike Naxx progression experience, even if it means buffing hp/damage. I would much rather know that the hp values aren't blizzlike and have an encounter that is actually challenging, than a blizzlike one that is a complete pushover like nearly every boss in MC, BWL, and AQ40 have been. I don't want to see Heigan die in only one dance phase. I don't want to see Patchwerk die 4 minutes before berserk the first time we fight him (which is something most guilds wiped to the first few weeks after retail Naxx launch). Give us a well-scripted, challenging experience that will be memorable, and you won't regret it.

3) Launch all wings at once. I don't care if it takes an extra month, or an extra 6 months of development. If you stagger it wing-by-wing, that's completely un-blizzlike, and a deal breaker for me. I'm not interested in participating in that sort of Naxx, sorry. Shouldn't even be up for debate...

Why So Dodge?

There have been concerns about the state of the competitive PvP scene on Kronos for some time, primarily due to a few imposters that insist on trying to game the system, as opposed to engaging in games that will truly test their ability. In an effort to curb this, we will be implementing a change that will apply a deserter buff to those that do not join a battleground that they have queued for and have been asked to join.
The hope is that this will encourage people to take on the best that their opposing faction has to offer, instead of just dominating the more casual PvPers who are there to get their weekly honor and enjoy the directly competitive side of the game.
This change will come into effect after the next honor update on both Kronos I and Kronos II.

Very nice. Now hopefully the PvP community can rebuild itself a little bit.

Naxx Specific Feedback: (from someone who led one of the only 23 US guilds that cleared retail Naxx during vanilla)

1) Please do CLOSED PTR testing only. Set up specific times, and allow people to sign up to participate in the test (with predetermined requirements/restrictions). This would allow you and your team to observe the testing at a time of your choice, while not putting guild leaders in the awkward position of having to force their players into participating in an OPEN test against their will. It's not a matter of being lazy and not wanting to go on a PTR--no, it's a matter of Naxxramas being that super awesome raid that most people never got to see, and they don't want that "mystique" ruined by PTR testing everything ahead of time.

2) Find a way to give us a Blizzlike Naxx progression experience, even if it means buffing hp/damage. I would much rather know that the hp values aren't blizzlike and have an encounter that is actually challenging, than a blizzlike one that is a complete pushover like nearly every boss in MC, BWL, and AQ40 have been. I don't want to see Heigan die in only one dance phase. I don't want to see Patchwerk die 4 minutes before berserk the first time we fight him (which is something most guilds wiped to the first few weeks after retail Naxx launch). Give us a well-scripted, challenging experience that will be memorable, and you won't regret it.

3) Launch all wings at once. I don't care if it takes an extra month, or an extra 6 months of development. If you stagger it wing-by-wing, that's completely un-blizzlike, and a deal breaker for me. I'm not interested in participating in that sort of Naxx, sorry. Shouldn't even be up for debate...

Shard, for obvious reasons we cannot confirm anything for you right here and now but thank you for the suggestions/feedback. We're exploring all angles on this and will be making some sort of an announcement with details relatively soon.

We openly support our LGBT players and wish you well with your forthcoming surgery.

Thank you.

I farmed a unblizzlike amount of flasks for my entire guild in a very unblizzlike fashion but please give us blizzlike progression by making the content not blizzlike.

All out once of course, everyone having full t3 set or semi-full when last two wings are released will be a pathetic experience.

The logistics involved, stuffing your bags with consums, deciding on a wing order on first night for your raid etc is part of the magic of a full release.

I'm scared this is even considered atm.

Last edited:
What I am most disappointed with this "announcement" for is that there was no mention of the horrible lag that many of us have been experiencing for the past few months (or in many cases, since the change of host). Lag is the #1 thing that is turning off players to Kronos right now, and from an administrative perspective, not even bothering to say "we acknowledge that many of you are experiencing periods of extreme high latency right now, and we are doing our best to find and resolve the issue(s)" was a big mistake.

I'm going to be completely forthcoming: there is currently a poll on my guild's (Risen) forum right now regarding our future, and 75% of the votes have been in favor of moving the guild to a different server. Lag is the #1 reason for us why we are not having very much fun right now, and if it continues without being resolved, we will likely have no choice but to try somewhere new where half our raid hopefully won't have to try to play with 5-10k MS on a regular basis. People can tolerate those conditions for only so long.

Last edited:
What I am most disappointed with this "announcement" for is that there was no mention of the horrible lag that many of us have been experiencing for the past few months (or in many cases, since the change of host). Lag is the #1 thing that is turning off players to Kronos right now, and from an administrative perspective, not even bothering to say "we acknowledge that many of you are experiencing periods of extreme high latency right now, and we are doing our best to find and resolve the issue(s)" was a big mistake.

I'm going to be completely forthcoming: there is currently a poll on my guild's (Risen) forum right now regarding our future, and 75% of the votes have been in favor of moving the guild to different server. Lag is the #1 reason for us why we are not having very much fun right now, and if it continues without being resolved, we will likely have no choice but to try somewhere new where half our raid hopefully won't have to try to play with 5-10k MS on a regular basis. People can tolerate those conditions for only so long.

Send email to Jeniczek indicating you want to help fix the lag, and he will mail you back instructions how to do it. Then next time lag spikes occur you do what he told you and hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Hi there!

Guys, once your high latency happens, can you please come to our IRC and provide us some details we will ask you for? Or send me an email?

We definately care about a smooth gameplay, and if its not smooth for some of you, we need to find out where the problem lies. We had sorted a lot of problems with our host and mostly it is really smooth. But obviously not for everyone.

Next time it happens for you guys. You can mail me directly @ jeniczek_at_twinstar_dot_cz and send me the following details. We have created a test IP and some test procedures, which should find out where the problem lies.

Without your input, we cant solve the problems. If you want a smooth gameplay, dont be shy and shoot me a mail. Its an easy procedure.

Regards

Erminn, several members of my guild (including myself) have already contacted Jeniczek, and have performed the PingPlotter test he requested. The results have shown our pings never exceeding 200 to any destination, yet we still experience massive latency on Kronos. I am no network expert though, so hopefully Jeniczek will find something useful in what we sent him.

It pains me to say but I don't think K1 will survive to see Naxx if it's delayed for months so it can be released in full. At US times Alliance can just walk into Org without fear because there is hardly anyone on. When this other project gets up and running those remaining are out of here. What's the point of playing an mmo if there is nobody to play with?

Honestly at this stage I'd make K1 a permanent x3 server. This is from someone who has been totally against xp boosts in the past. I don't think there is any other choice. What have we got left to lose?

Last edited:
Should in the future, the servers' timelines align, we will be in a position to respond swiftly if necessary.
By "timeline align" do you mean contentwise or gear-wise?

I'm wondering because when I read this:
Naturally, the forward movement for Kronos II’s timeline to bring it in-line with Kronos I means that we are fulfilling another request that you have made; the release of the Ahn'qiraj War Effort
I take it as you're going to merge the servers to along with the release of AQ, if you find it necessary at that time. (I'm pretty sure its going to be necessary :p)

So lag isn't even adressed here and we might have a possible merge 2 years from now. As someone who doesn't care about Naxxramas at all and just want some people of opposing faction to play against in normal playable conditions, I find this announcment rather disappointing. Right now there is 1 WSG running most of the day, what happens when people leave for Nostalrius? The change about deserter for Q-dropping is good but it wont make any difference if people aren't playing battlegrounds xd. On K1 noone dodged since spring since you have just so many people PvPing that you cant afford to skip games. Needed merge for that to be relevant. If you have same 15-20 ppl qing for battlegrounds every day, wonder how is that scene going to look like when Nostalrius is out. As for WPvP, I wont even comment that xd

Why So Dodge?

Multiqueue will not be enabled ?

I'm just a raid logger on Kronos since in its current state it is boring as shit and our guild like much of the server is dying. But I haven't experienced lag that has affected my ability to play in > 3 months. On raid nights my average latency is 110-150

A bunch of excellent decisions. Doomsayers can go fuck themselves.

However, the lag issue - namely, frequent spikes for the considerable amount of players - is still to be addressed indeed.

Pretty much what I expected.

PvE heroes get War Effort, World Dragons, Scourge Invasion, PTR testing...and PvP heroes get neglected once again.

After months of discussion in the PvP forum you will only give us deserter debuff when dropping queue?

This is a great idea but will have nearly no effect on the amount of people queueing for BG's.

Easiest fix that will take like 2 mins: Gold rewards for BG marks.

There are tons of suggestions all over the forum and still no responds. (Create polls to check what the community wants / add 1-2 week test phases to check the communities feedback)

It's time to give PvP players what they deserve. Same as PvE players get there share, we should also get ours unless you want to lose even more players...

PvP is a big part for most vanilla players wether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom