• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information The Next Steps

How should Naxxramas be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be completely forthcoming: there is currently a poll on my guild's (Risen) forum right now regarding our future, and 75% of the votes have been in favor of moving the guild to different server. Lag is the #1 reason for us why we are not having very much fun right now, and if it continues without being resolved, we will likely have no choice but to try somewhere new where half our raid hopefully won't have to try to play with 5-10k MS on a regular basis. People can tolerate those conditions for only so long.
Moving to Nost to escape lag :laugh:

Na, no gold rewards for pvp, i think whats missing is multiqueue now isnt it ? Isnt the dodging working the same way without multiqueue ?

because my concern is, it will still be wsg spam i guess...

Na, no gold rewards for pvp, i think whats missing is multiqueue now isnt it ? Isnt the dodging working the same way without multiqueue ?

because my concern is, it will still be wsg spam i guess...
there is almost no dodging happening right now because there are pretty much no premades left on k1 and queues barely pop for 8 hours of the day.

All raid dungeons will be released in their full glory, meaning we will not do any partial releases. All Bosses in each raid will be available as soon as the respective raid has been released.
We believe that partial releases break the progress experience for you and the balance inside the dungeon.

Stick to your words thanks

What's the point of multiqueues when noone has any incetive to play PvP anyway?

Due to the population hardly no one queues anyway.
Multiqueues would have the same low effect as the upcoming deserter change.

Less population -> Less BG queues

Try giving people rewards for playing BG's. Once thats done you can still test out multiqueues.

This isn't a 10k population server where you got 40 BG's running simultaneously.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of players will leave the server once the new project gets released.

All you can do now is giving people sweeteners in order to stay. Stop listening to those blizzlike kids.

Rather have them call Kronos a 'funserver' than seeing Kronos PvP population dying completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yeah I'll afk in some Warsong for free gold!

That's why you give people gold after winning a BG.

No effort = No gold.

Guess everyone would prefer to chill at work and get their paychecks at the end of the month.
But that's not how it works.

With the deserter update premades won't be able to dodge and farm pugs.

We just need some kind of fix for the casuals crying about premades.

E.g. gold for winning and gold for turning in like 20 marks or w/e.

Has to be something that rewards people actually playing BG's and not handing out free gold for AFK people.

E.g. amount of BG marks to turn in for gold that makes AFKing useless.

The game has to last 10 min in order to get 1 BG mark when losing.
Let's say you need 6 BG marks in order to get 10 Gold.
Guess noone would waste 60 mins (+ queuetime) AFKing when he could just farm mobs for gold.

People that actually like to play PvP and win from time to time get their fair share of gold for respeccing, consumables etc.

And if theres really someone AFKing 24/7, just change the ban policy for AFKing in BG'S.

Last edited:
Moving to Nost to escape lag :laugh:

No, I have no interest in Nost. But that's besides the point anyway.

We want to stay, but if the lag doesn't get fixed, we have no choice. Our players can only handle so many raids full of rubber-banding, 2-3 second delays, standing on top a mob but the game tells you you're out of range, etc, before they just can't stand it any longer. I realize it's not an easy problem for the Kronos staff to fix, but the longer it goes unresolved, the more likely people like us aren't going to want to stick around.

Thanks for the news Chero, I'm just a bit anxious about the lag though. It has been a long time since I was able to enjoy a battleground on Kronos I without a constant half second delay for my instant attacks, and some random lag spikes too.

Is there any news about this?

- - - Edit - - -

Send email to Jeniczek indicating you want to help fix the lag, and he will mail you back instructions how to do it. Then next time lag spikes occur you do what he told you and hopefully it gets resolved soon.

[CR]I've sent him an email two days ago but I didn't get any reply yet. So is there actually a workaround?[/CR]

I've checked again the emails right now and I've found out that I've got a reply about two hours ago. Cheers!

Last edited:
Can you please tell us if the aq war effort is going to be blizzlike or if we can expect a 6 months one ?
Merge will be way too late if we end with a 6month war effort.

No change is a gamble on the new Nost failing. And Imo, a huge mistake from Kronos, which they're going to discover in the coming months.

We still have no solid eta on Naxx either. Without a merge this is the only thing that has a chance to keep those who are leaving, or to bring some people back. This thread leaves a feeling it's going to be months since most want it realised in full.

I've been playing on Kronos for 13 months now. I have no character on Nost or any other server, so I'm not just saying this flippantly because I can just go login somewhere else: K1 will be dead in a month or two. I hope I'm wrong but I just see no way back since nothing is changing. This get's worse, not better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell us if the aq war effort is going to be blizzlike or if we can expect a 6 months one ?
Merge will be way too late if we end with a 6month war effort.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/48811379

source: The war effort auto-complete, starting 30 days after the war effort is triggered and completing in no more than 30 days after that (if I remember the numbers correctly right now), has been in since AQ launched. It's not something new, nor something we activate manually. It's part of the game system for opening the gates, and always has been.
-Thundgot (Blue post)

In case some admin, need a "proof" like usual.

Good thing that there are plans for the future.

To me it seems that holding back on the merge is for the administration to keep their options open. Which is a good thing as you never know what will happen in the future (the merge will also be bad for the server overall if executed poorly).

But one reason that hasn't been even discussed properly are the lags. They are plaguing everything that people are doing or trying to do. Are there any plans on fixing these issues or are they going to be just swiped under the carpet.

Like others here, I am surprised the server lag was not addressed. I found K2 to be a great time prior to the DDOS stuff - never really got my low latency back after that. It only happens on K2 so I assumed it was being looked into at least.

Dear Kronos, are you intentionally killing off your project? Because that's what you do by not merging servers RIGHT FCKING NOW. You MUST do it. It doesn't matters if they've done aq event or not, we're at a point where servers absolutely must be merged, or die.

Voted for wing-by-wing Naxx. Don't want a guild or two clearing it first week, while others are left far behind.

Dear Kronos, are you intentionally killing off your project? Because that's what you do by not merging servers RIGHT FCKING NOW. You MUST do it. It doesn't matters if they've done aq event or not, we're at a point where servers absolutely must be merged, or die.

Actually K2 is quite healthy from what I've heard. The only server in need of a merge is K1. Now ask yourself, if you were the servers administrator would you disappoint those 4.000 people from K2 just to please 400 people from K1?

1. Merge.
2. Dont know how was original Naxxramas releasing, but wing by wing sounds stupid. 651651656% sure the whole instance went live after Scourge invasion or what not. Just imagine tryhards <alliance> farming it. Not like horde side should care but it would affect the outside of instances. Facepalm all you want, but K1 is being ded for the past weeks/months and K1 players "deserve" it. Wasnt K2 made for people from Nost? Now when you start a char you see new people asking "what's better? K1 or K2". Ofc you want them to stay on K1 because it really needs more people but when the new faces see nearly empty zones they just try K2 to not waste their time on ded server (imo) -_-. To end it on funny note > shout out to alliance destroying raiders in Felwood/Kargath. Was hilarious to watch it.

Naxx release

The greatest advantage Kronos 1 has at the monent for raiders is the upcoming Naxx release. Use it to keep players here and bring more people that will want to raid Naxx (something that isnt possible in any other server in the near future). If you wait 6+ months for a full Naxx release you will have missed the chance. Releasing wing by wing in a scheduled way will keep people interested. Apart from that, if you release Naxx all at once it will please the hardcore raiders (and the "blizzlike-or-bad" fans) but will at the same time mean that it will be fully cleared in a matter of days/weeks with all the consequences it will bring.

PvP

Bigger player pool will give more games. Apart from the need for more people you can give incentive for the people already here to play more. Gold reward for the winning team, as suggested before, seems a good and simple solution to begin with.

K2 is fine now but judging by the 7500 simultaneous players on the nost stress test you guys will be hurting soon just like us on k1

Hello,

First of all, K1 will not survive to NAXX release (which I can see from your announcement will be on spring) and second, releasing a NAXX on K1 will again keeps the gap between K1 and K2. Regarding above, I see that your intention is to do everything to keep two servers. Due to fact, that Nost is going to reborn, which can trigger players exodus, the merge K1 and K2 is quite logical move.

From my perspective (K1 player) maybe better solution is to hold on with releasing any new content on K1, and wait untill K2 will catch up K1 - then merge. According to your plan with new content on K2 the merge is possible on February, March.
I think if people will see perspective to play on K1, they will wait for merge, which I belive is only solution to save K1 and project as a whole.

Dear Kronos Admins. Could you promise me, that if K1 will be totally dead, you will let me and my three friends transfer our characters on K2 server? We really like to play here, but due to our real life we can't afford to create new characters and start all over again.

Regards

I really don't know anymore man, people who run this shit are either completely blind, completely ignorant or just don't give a fuck about the realm that kept them relevant up until the point when K2 had to be opened. If you can't see that new players simply aren't rolling here anymore whatsoever and that the number of people who are quitting is rising exponencially, while mass exodus is upon us (already at least 3 whole guilds announced they're out of here + shitton individual players), you should really open your eyes. On the other hand, if you do see that but just don't care, well fuck you then. K2 might seem fine atm, but if you don't see it's gonna become a ghost town over night you should really open your eyes, again. That being said, keeping 2 very low pop realms running until one totally kills another is beyond me. I'd understand if you decided to sacrifice K1 for K2 if it stayed the way it is with 3k pop or w/e, but that server is as good as dead as well because 95% of population are Nost players, so the logic behind it makes no sense.

All this Naxx talk is just one big nothing for this server, started now to appease all these raidloggers who are fine with 300 population. It's nothing because it gave a space for people in charge to dodge the talk about only real and burning problem which is population. People got hyped about some Naxx news which is still months away and who knows when it's gonna be released, while server is dying rapidly in the meantime. If the things keep unfolding the way they do now, there wont even be a need to release that Naxxramas when it's time for it because server wont live up to see it. But yeah, you guys stay happy because of few sentences about Naxx which in no way help the server (no ETAs, no news about developing progress, what's ready, what's not, nothing really), while you are being dragged away from the real problem which determines server's future.

what for?

Merge is not possible at this time and we all know it is the only thing that can save this place. Essentially, it's a soft merge. Those willing to sacrifice their AQ gear for the greater good would transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom