• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information The Next Steps

How should Naxxramas be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know 5 guildies that are going to go to Nost to pvp, and you are facepalming my posts Davros? I run my guilds 20mans and raid lead my guilds 40mans now because our previous RL loves to pvp and he can no longer do so on K1, so he's lost interest in K1.

My guild has lost 4 people already directly because pvp is dead during NA hours. They were some of our best players, one of which was the top paladin on the entire server in healing 40mans. He quit because he had 0 chance to rank during NA hours due to lack of BGs. So when I'm expressing frustration it's because I'm on the front lines of dealing with the server bleeding out, I'm the one struggling to fill our 40 man raids, I'm the one having to cancel 20mans due to lack of players.

What the hell are you doing facepalming genuine fears that are backed up by fact. I'm saying we are in trouble because I have 1st hand knowledge that 9 players from K2 are going to quit to go to Nost, one of which is RL for their K2 guild. I'm saying we are in trouble because every single NA player who enjoys pvp on K1 will be going to Nost because there's no BGs for hours at a time. It's so bad on K1 that NA pvp players literally don't have a choice, they either wait in queue for 1h+ on K1 or they go to Nost for 10mins or less.

Your actions should be reassuring your players Davros, not making yourself look like a childish troll.

remember when firebloom was bugged at 16880/17000 on Horde for multiple weeks?

Pardon me, but I feel I have to defend myself here. What?

The https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=9186 was reported on 4.8.2016 and fixed in the next two/three days. What weeks are you talking about? Either you want to sound cool by exaggerating or I don't get today's fashion. Issues with pet spells on Kronos I was a one time issue, and each player's pet needs to be fixed manually - as stated several times in game and in the bug tracker. I have no problem confirming, admiting any issue or statement that has been proven wrong, but I really hate made up things out of thin air just to get attention or whatever is the reason behind.

To all: stay constructive and before posting any nonsense please get some knowledge about the thing you are going to talk about.

...and you are facepalming my posts Davros?....
What the hell are you doing facepalming genuine fears that are backed up by fact. ....
Your actions should be reassuring your players Davros, not making yourself look like a childish troll.

Here let me spell it out for you. "The GMs and kronos cheerleaders just won't take this seriously" This is what I am facepalming. You honestly believe we're not taking things seriously, and that I am trolling? come on.

"Your actions should be reassuring your players Davros". Did you not see the gigantic wall of text I wrote on the previous page? that's exactly what I tried to do (and continue to do).

- - - Updated - - -

you should know by now that davros is wildly incompetent and delusional
http://i.imgur.com/MVf4OWb.png
"there has been no decrease in population" - davros
Please, enlighten my incompetent and delusional self where I said those words as I do not recall saying them recently.

Well sorry Chero I apologize I personally remember Firebloom being bugged for alot longer than a couple days but I don't deny my memory could be wrong. I will update my post to make it a couple days but the point of that post was not to talk about how long it takes issues to get fixed it was that Kronos has its own issues like any other private server. I am sick of people saying people who want to go back to Nost are stupid because they are going to a server that is perceived to be terrible and is only good for their population when Kronos isn't perfect either. My point wasn't to "look cool" or attack the server.

More things I remember about Kronos
Spawned adds had no threat table and would only attack the person they were initially target on
Spawned adds for a short time were only able to be damaged by aoe spells
Gates would sometimes lock raids out(this issue normally would be solved by a GM coming and fixing it so it wasn't a big deal)
Bosses not dropping loot
Pets unable to get on boats
Player clients crash when a boat leaves for another continent while they are in a raid group(to combat this if you leave the raid group your client wont crash)
Marshal Windsor doesn't aggro mobs unless you aggro them
Summon doomguard doesn't sacrifice a player when the ritual is complete
Getting summoned on a taxi service may cause you to fall through the world which then requires a second summon before they die

My point isn't Kronos is bad because it has these issues. My point is all servers have their own issues that need to be fixed. All servers are a work in progress towards the goal of recreating vanilla as well as we can remember it. Just because I am listing issues with the server doesn't mean I hate it.

Look, to be fair Davros myself and many others are focusing on the negative parts on Kronos and not praising the positives. I've not talked about how I find the ZG experience superior on Kronos to Nost. I've not talked about how MC is more blizzlike than Nost which makes for more interesting and fun strategies such as AOEing tanking Garr adds. I've not talked about how AQ was my #1 goal on private servers and how much fun I have every single week in that instance on Kronos 1. I've not talked about how the x7 event was amazing and one of the major reasons Rag Monday Boys has been successful on Kronos. I've not talked about how one of my favorite memories of K1 involves myself being incredibly high in LBRS and talking to GM Lightsky about how I think he's an unpaid principal that I have so much respect for while he's doing insanely silly role playing animations and emotes.

Players not talking about the positives they have found on Kronos presents an overall negative picture that doesn't correctly portray our overall experiences. I've had an amazingly good time on Kronos and cherish the time I've spent here, and I'm sure many of the people posting in this threat echo that. THAT'S WHY WE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE SERVER! Because we want to continue spending our time on Kronos and see K1 in danger of flat out dying, and that scares us.

Players not talking about the positives they have found on Kronos presents an overall negative picture that doesn't correctly portray our overall experiences. I've had an amazingly good time on Kronos and cherish the time I've spent here, and I'm sure many of the people posting in this threat echo that. THAT'S WHY WE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE SERVER! Because we want to continue spending our time on Kronos and see K1 in danger of flat out dying, and that scares us.

Yeah I am also going to reiterate what Varth said. There are many things I can praise about this server but if all I said was say "Kronos is the best server I have ever been of all the time" it doesn't help the server improve and grow. Highlighting issues we feel need to be addressed is what helps the server improve but at times can feel like an insult to the server when really it shouldn't be seen like that. Some people sure are constantly just being rude and abrasive but not all of us.

CHARACTER TRANSFER FOR NON LVL 60 CHARS! ffs how hard can this be? I want to play on my char on k1 but the server is dead, so I wanna continue on K2 or quit. And I do not have time to level up another char to 58.
Now it's up to you, make me quit or let me continue on K2...

Many other players have the same dilemma, but see no response from developer team. Please, take not of this post.

i have a question for cherio, what's worse, downtime right now or downtime when another server has opened its floodgates? in regards to the lag/host change.

in regards to the merge, which obv needs to happen now, atleast accelerate the damn progression if you won't merge it right now. idk 50% less war effort mats required + 50% rep boost for brood of nozradoodoo for these RP'ers who want the bug mount.

there is a mass exodus coming, and saying that doesn't make you a doomsayer it makes you a realist.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, admins. What has to happen so that you may have given possibility to transfer a character from K1 to K2?
Please be honest with us. We would like to know what we stand on.

@Ahlaundoh

That about Vinnylee and standing 37 with 3 HKs is a bug. With 3 HKs he shouldn't even get a standing. Actual standing 37 had 87k honor (you can check it out on armory), not too much better, but it's not THAT dead.

Also, I agree with you that PvP isn't exactly on a high level. On the other hand, on a low population server you have to work for stuff you want, can't except for them to just happen. On Nostalrius you just had to queue and you`d get some of the full r12+ premades to play against and have fun. Here such premades never existed really. Here you have to make organized premade games to have more competitive battlegrounds. Sadly I never seen you joining Horde team in such games and you would surely make Horde team better, judging by your Nostalrius PvP background and the fact that you are the best DPS on this server as I read couple of times on these forums by people who track that, which also indicates that you know your shit even thought it doesn't have anything to do with PvP. Acoording to Mugshot, same goes for some other Sorry players, but I never seen any of them giving it a shot. He on the other hand did sometimes and said multiple times he had fun, and as far as I heard he was one of the best hunters on Nostalrius.

Seeing that you`re coming from a 10k+ pop server and that you never really had such problems, maybe you just couldn't bother with it now here. On the other hand, I'm coming from Feenix's Warsong where I played for 4 years with Kronos-like population. Basically the only thing we played for were Fight Nights, organized battlegrounds when the best players would come online and give their best. The only sad part is that those Fight Nights were on a much higher level then here, because PvP population was much bigger with a lot of great players even though the overall population was shit. Some of the best Nostalrius players participated in those as well, such as Anlady commenting above for example, and they were all both winning and losing games. If you (for example), as a good player, ever joined a Horde team, it would be a push in that direction. But you never did, and there are more players like that. The way it is, when such games happen on Kronos, often both sides end up with few good players and fill-ups and with whatever setups just to get 10 men. If more good players gave it a shot, it could've had the potential. Population on Warsong was shit like here, even smaller at times, but BG premade scene was always great because players were taking initiative to make it so for themselves. Here few people try, others don't give a shit and then every complain about bad PvP.

Ofc, sadly there's no hope for WPvP, but battlegrounds are a different story. It only takes 20 good players and the will to work a bit for good games.

you should know by now that davros is wildly incompetent and delusional
http://i.imgur.com/MVf4OWb.png
"there has been no decrease in population" - davros
i think the screenshot posted of vinnylee getting standing 37 with 3 hks explains just how dead the server is enough.
Vinnylee getting standing 37 with 3 HKs is a visual bug related to the server standings. He only has 21 honor, which shouldn't give him standing anyways. He would have suffered the full decay this week as if he had not PvPed at all. On the Armory, it actually shows someone else tied for #37 on horde side, and that person has 628 HKs/86K honor. Based on the horde standings, there were actually 407 people that had at least 25 HKs last week and gained standing.

I'm not sure if you were deliberately trying to mislead everyone with a very old visual bug on Kronos, but that's not helpful. Queues have still been popping and we regularly have 3 games going throughout the day. Yes, queues die off at NA time in the evenings, but things are NOT so dire that 3 HKs gives you standing 37. It's irresponsible that you would try to perpetuate such a falsehood.

edit: didn't see Sarei post the same thing above ^^

Last edited:
@Ahlaundoh

That about Vinnylee and standing 37 with 3 HKs is a bug. With 3 HKs he shouldn't even get a standing. Actual standing 37 had 87k honor (you can check it out on armory), not too much better, but it's not THAT dead.

Also, I agree with you that PvP isn't exactly on a high level. On the other hand, on a low population server you have to work for stuff you want, can't except for them to just happen. On Nostalrius you just had to queue and you`d get some of the full r12+ premades to play against and have fun. Here such premades never existed really. Here you have to make organized premade games to have more competitive battlegrounds. Sadly I never seen you joining Horde team in such games and you would surely make Horde team better, judging by your Nostalrius PvP background and the fact that you are the best DPS on this server as I read couple of times on these forums by people who track that, which also indicates that you know your shit even thought it doesn't have anything to do with PvP. Acoording to Mugshot, same goes for some other Sorry players, but I never seen any of them giving it a shot. He on the other hand did sometimes and said multiple times he had fun, and as far as I heard he was one of the best hunters on Nostalrius.

Seeing that you`re coming from a 10k+ pop server and that you never really had such problems, maybe you just couldn't bother with it now here. On the other hand, I'm coming from Feenix's Warsong where I played for 4 years with Kronos-like population. Basically the only thing we played for were Fight Nights, organized battlegrounds when the best players would come online and give their best. The only sad part is that those Fight Nights were on a much higher level then here, because PvP population was much bigger with a lot of great players even though the overall population was shit. Some of the best Nostalrius players participated in those as well, such as Anlady commenting above for example, and they were all both winning and losing games. If you (for example), as a good player, ever joined a Horde team, it would be a push in that direction. But you never did, and there are more players like that. The way it is, when such games happen on Kronos, often both sides end up with few good players and fill-ups and with whatever setups just to get 10 men. If more good players gave it a shot, it could've had the potential. Population on Warsong was shit like here, even smaller at times, but BG premade scene was always great because players were taking initiative to make it so for themselves. Here few people try, others don't give a shit and then every complain about bad PvP.

Ofc, sadly there's no hope for WPvP, but battlegrounds are a different story. It only takes 20 good players and the will to work a bit for good games.

solid post

TBH the 7x event makes it hard to even justify a merge. Do we really want to feed k2 to hardcore k1 players and there 28 347272 summon warlocks and several alts? I swear most hardcore people have 7-8 alts on k1 and can just do multiple cooldowns to fund raiding for the week.

I think the proper solution might just be to make k1 a 2x or 3x rate server. 7x was to high and should not be repeated, the trick is to have a rate that does not create a broken 60. 2x and 3x does this quite nicely

Last edited:
People will only get more cynical and angrier from here. Can we get some kind of timeline on whats happening next @GMs? Are the plans to start the War Effort on K2 already in motion?

"and have seen the server grow by leaps and bounds"

If that's how it was understood, that was not the intention. The intention of that was that I have seen this server increase in population and grow to the point where we had to have two servers. Basically to explain that I have been both sides of the spectrum when it comes to Kronos. That comment should not in any way reflect my current view on the population and/or state of Kronos. My apologies for any confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

People will only get more cynical and angrier from here. Can we get some kind of timeline on whats happening next @GMs? Are the plans to start the War Effort on K2 already in motion?

Read the home page

I can accept and appreciate that, but here's the thing.. Why wait until now to admit that? This is what I'm talking about with the lack of transparency. Make a forum post explaining that you fucked up, and ask if anyone has questions / needs clarification on anything that was discussed. Saying that we misrepresented the ideas that were discussed on the podcast, is really just throwing mud at the people who listened to it and then posted here on the forums to share with the community.
We've answered people along the way, and we put out an announcement in Discord. We didn't really see the need to create a forum post for something which no longer exsists, and something which will never exsist again. We'll announce if we do anymore podcasts(which i will be sure to save). I will keep your suggestion/feedback in mind for next time it might become relevant, thank you for it. :)

Edit: Catch me in Discord if you need clarification/have questions about what happend there, i'll be happy to try my best at clarifying.

Last edited:
TBH the 7x event makes it hard to even justify a merge. Do we really want to feed k2 to hardcore k1 players and there 28 347272 summon warlocks and several alts? I swear most hardcore people have 7-8 alts on k1 and can just do multiple cooldowns to fund raiding for the week.

I think the proper solution might just be to make k1 a 2x or 3x rate server. 7x was to high and should not be repeated, the trick is to have a rate that does not create a broken 60. 2x and 3x does this quite nicely

How many x7 people are there really left? People who have been here that long would have multiple alts anyway.

I'm for altering the xp rate also; at least temporarily. Nothing crazy like x7, but x2 or x3 might be ok. That's a nice boost without going overboard. K2 still has loads of levellers. Maybe they'd choose K1 instead for a slightly quicker levelling experience? Do we want new players or what?

Perhaps at this stage in a private servers life some tweaks need to be made to keep things moving? New players have a longer journey to catch up to players who are farming AQ as opposed just MC and BWL; so it puts them off and they join the younger server. Slightly faster levelling will help them get to the end game without skipping a lot of the levelling instances the way x7 did.

What everyone who spouts off about increased rates doesnt realize is there are no fresh people that want to level on k1. Their are guilds full of throwaway toons that cant be given away. Increase the rate to 100x and all your gonna achieve is more warlock, mooncloth, black lotus alts. Congratulations, you've added a ton of level 60's but no fresh players.

K2 is currently thriving in a good spot. If you want it to stay that way release a timeline for aq 40 release regardless of resource turn in, ie gates open the week before christmas or something. And announce a merger slated for 2nd or 3rd week of january. Followed by a febuary Naxx release. Add gold rewards for mark turn ins with naxx release. This will keep people playing on Kronos till you release you Kronos TBC. I'm saying this as someone who LOVES kronos and would chose it over nost if it werent for the shit population.

What boggles my mind is tye entitled brats with no self-awareness who can only spout shit about things they got for free yet honestly believe that their company is somehow valuable or welcome.

I had my very best experiences on Kronos when there were 900 people.

Nost relaunch can't come soon enough.

The Next Leap - Player Feedback (Long, we’ll see if I can beat Davros)

How many of you folks planned to level on Nost at the original launch (Feb ‘15) with the intention of playing on Kronos (Mar ‘15) once it released? How many of you waited a year or more for Kronos? I was one of those guys. I got to 60 on Nost, geared a bit in 5-10mans with no real endgame commitment because the main server I wanted to play on was Kronos. I was looking forward to it, with all the Engineering working and other hype videos. A lot like Corecraft, but for vanilla with finally a release date! (Especially for a raider stuck on Feenix)

Early levels it was exactly like the other launch, crowded. I believe the numbers were around 3k people at the time. Anyway by the time I was at Badlands grinding Elementals for the Level 40 mount, the place around me was empty and I watched the total players on /who go down. I kept at it, figured people would arrive slowly due to the quality. I was in CORAL, I think there was Irae around. I think also Synced was around but I only remember 2 of ‘em who stealth/FD farmed DM tributes. I got to 60 smoothly, albeit there were more quests that I couldn’t complete than the other server, something like 6-7 I encountered. I reported some of them. I even found class bugs/a rep exploit which was popular on Feenix, I reported both. I brushed away these experiences, because I liked the polish of the other quests and mechanics. Proper RP events, no random French/German dialogue from NPCs. Mobs sleeping at night. Fun stuff.

Instances on Kronos were also ok, but Chero himself had to come and bail us out of Scarlet Monastery permanent-sleep skill of the last boss, so we could complete the full SM questline. I frapsed that shit. You don’t see the head admin in your 5 man group erryday.

I was one of the few Ally tanks around at max level. So I got into 5 mans relatively quickly and geared up really fast. Most of the Deathbones and whatnot I got first because of the number of 5 mans I did. Eventually, you look to a bigger challenge. Also, I managed to get an Edgemaster for a Kang the Decapitator + 150g, sweet trade. The first one the server which I traded it away to a deserving DPS warrior.

Here’s the thing though, after a week or two of milling about at 60 mid-April in PreBiS gear and leveling my profs to 300. I couldn’t get enough people to do UBRS 10 man runs, if I did, I couldn’t find a key holder. I couldn’t tell when I’d get to raid 40s, because most of CORAL were still leveling with a couple of 60s. I simply could not participate in anything I got geared for as a tank.

I compared this to my experience on ED Feenix. Say what you will, it did have a lot of players 2+yrs into BWL only content ... pre-Nos/Kronos. So, more often than not, I had Nos opened in the 2nd client (with 15 FPS in the center of Ironforge) and eventually in my idling in IF, I was offered to join a raiding guild on Nos which I accepted. This was Patch 1.4 where items in MC/Ony including T2 were completely trash. Items from Uldaman beat MC loot for tanks. (See Cragfists gloves) Yet, the people were there, and I enjoyed that more than the raiding - which was pretty easy even for new 60s with Patch 1.4 itemizations. I had nothing to compare this to on Kronos until this year, which I will get to later in this post.

Fast forward to this year April. 3-5k queues. My 60 warrior that I geared to prebis was idling in IF on Kronos because all the established guilds already were full on warrs. Not to mention geared to the teeth, so I again had nothing to do at 60 except wait for the Nost crowd to level. I think only one guild really managed to level fast enough, which was Return with a new name until K2 announced. Now Mr. Return’s guild slowly crumbled because all the players mid-30s on K1 went to the new server.

Boom server down for a couple of weeks.

At this point, L4G came around and took a lot of the playerbase that left Nost and did not find a place on Kronos, perhaps it was a few weeks before the server downtime. I went with the TBC crowd, quit that due to the horribly buggy and crashy the places were.

Eventually I bought a horde char (two actually) on K1 to get a glimpse of AQ40 which I waited for on ED 2 yrs and Nos 1 yr. And AQ40 with <SORRY> lets say, was like doing AQ40 in your sleep. I might as well have let my 4 yr old nephew click about for all the impact I had in the raid. <SORRY> was one of the Nost guilds that stayed on K1 after K2 was out, and had just cleared BWL like 3 times before AQ40 was out. So this guild, in mostly MC/ZG and partial BWL gear, one-shot C’thun without world buffs. (Maybe some survived with it) Matter of fact, the only times we really legit wiped was trash/Twin Emperors because it was completely bugging out on us. Proximity aggro not working, both Twins teleporting to the same spot, one of the Twins vanishing into thin air than appearing on the roof above, Twins charging to each other across the room instantly on teleport. It was totally the worst version of Twin Emps I ever saw, which is to say, also the best one because it was the only one I saw. Anyway I reported it so many times. Haven’t seen any confirmed fixes. Yet we trudge along.

Needless to say, that was a disappointing experience. Moreover, AQ20 wasn't exactly any better. AQ opening event in the middle of the morning/noon ?? so not a lot of people were there compared to peak times. Most of my guild was not online, which you know, you’re supposed to experience these things with. NPCs guards behind the door just stood there and you couldn’t interact with them. Alliance outnumbered the horde massively, so we could not even see the gong due to draw distance let alone most of the event. It wasn’t the most polished of experiences. Though it did not crash which was good.

I stopped playing on Kronos a few weeks before Nost announcement. It simply burned me out. This is from someone who did ~2 yrs of BWL on ED waiting for AQ. I found myself not enjoying anything on Kronos and wanting my ED days back. The content itself is a breeze, if not lighter, to anyone who has raided anywhere else, be it ED/Warsong/Nos, be it retail vanilla. Scripting may be more refined in general, sure, but scripts don’t matter if your tanks are in Fury/Defiance spec with minimal defense gear needing a crit to maintain enrage and crit/crush for rage on boss fights. This is something completely unique to Kronos. Gearing for <400 defense sets. <Enrage> even has a Warlock tank Onyxia P3 because that fight had weird aggro issues (like Ragnaros here as well). You don’t really need a “tank” on Kronos, most of the mitigation gear may as well not exist, you only need a TPS machine (if you have healers that are awake anyway). It is totally sad, that I had more fun clearing Uldaman or DM tribute on Nos, than raiding BWL/AQ40 on Kronos. It lacks anything close to being a challenge, with or without world buffs, with or without a guild. All the effort that Chero and co has put in is totally neutralized by the natural output of the raids player power vs. NPC atmosphere in 1.12.

http://i.imgur.com/TB7nuQK.png

Even coming close to suggesting maybe the tuning is not right for 1.12 regardless of the blizzlike values gets you community members and sadly Chero himself indirectly mocking you for trying too hard. Viewed in this thread alone regardless of other thread comments from the community. Farming flasks for Naxx progression? What is this sorcery? This community in general doesn’t understand content difficulty or tuning, nor should it. 99% of the players on retail didn’t see Naxx. Of course they will want to see it if you ask them. Isn’t this how retail WoW degraded? Chero should understand this. From my perspective, he doesn’t. If you look at Crestfall, Elysium (preNost), Nost, Feenix, even fucking Feenix, they knew you had to buff the raids otherwise it was too easy. I personally talked to the devs of Elysium months ago (before Nost) about why vanilla content needs to be tuned better in 1.12. They responded with an announcement saying they would buff the next content, not for the hardcore, but to account for the massive talent changes between patch 1.6 and patch 1.12. I'll tell you why talents sucked. These below are the Prot and Fury 31-talent points people raided with before BWL.

INV_Shield_05_sm.png
Shield Discipline
While active, increases the amount of damage absorbed by your shield by 50% and increases the damage done by your Shield Bash ability by 200%. Lasts 20 seconds.

Spell_Nature_BloodLust_sm.png
Bloodthirst

Activates after dealing a killing blow. Your next melee weapon attack deals a 100% increased damage.

We, the tanks, specced MS spec (31/5/15) in retail for threat, because the prot talents sucked. Even in patch 1.6, Shield Slam did moderate threat. This is just the warrior class, which was buffed at Patch 1.6. Rogues meanwhile had to wait until Patch 1.12 for theirs. The tuning is mandatory, simply put.

Player retention is something suddenly an important topic because of Nost. Player retention, as you can read from my feedback, was an issue from Day 1 since Kronos launch. It is now a bigger deal with lag, and the new competition, sure, but it will always be a problem unless underlying issues aren't addressed.

I write all of this not out of hatred or aggression, but because I was a huge fan of this project for years and I want to play on it again someday. The poor reputation all around the vanilla community I think is an indication of the problems Kronos faces, ignoring the hate but identifying the underlying problems.

Solutions I think are pretty straight forward, not for K1 and K2 for the short-term but for the future and the long term health of Kronos. This project doesn’t need next steps, it needs leaps. A new philosophy if it wants to compete in 2017 onwards, or just accept the few hundred players that may be around next year, and fewer every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom