• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information The Next Steps

How should Naxxramas be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the next steppes for all of you should be off a cliff

sorry to break it down, but PvE is for shits who can't properly play. there I said it.
you pve and get items, just like a job. you pvp for fun, just like sparetime activities

if pvp isn't fun to you then its mostly because you suck at it. its not that you don't like pvp, you don't like beeing stepped on, admit it
unlike your 1001110110111 script bosses real players adapt and make the game more exciting

good to see some offtopic here, kkthxbye

Must be why Arcanum were always so good at raiding.

Swagkhalifa - level other characters, persue AQ chain, cenarion or argent dawn rewards, farm materials, make money, run dungeons, collect dungeon set upgrade, run 20 mans, farm up reputations you need.

Inb4 doesn't count because you don't want to do any of that.

Why So Dodge?
[FONT=&amp]So great, I waited in the bg Q for 40 minutes, went to take a leak, come back and have the deserter buff! That is not encouraging....[/FONT][/COLOR]

Unfortunately that was bound to happen to a small portion of the player base. Ideally no players would abuse the system, but because they do the rules get changed for everyone including the innocent. I don't like it anymore than you do, and I can honestly say I feel your pain.

People started writing constructive feedback/suggestions before K2 even existed.
It got more and more. It peaked after K2 got released.

Of course there are alot of trolls and shitstorms, but you can never prevent that.

After the announcement of the other vanilla project, people started to get worried about Kronos even more.

The population decreases every day (even without the other project being released yet).

Sarei is right when he says it feels like talking to a wall. https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/116747-The-goddamn-lag?p=851027#post851027

Since I always liked the PvP aspect of vanilla more than PvE, I tried to figure out ways to increase the PvP population on Kronos.

The 'deserter after leaving queue' idea got suggested over a year ago.
We didn't even get a responds on the suggestion. They just released the update like 2 weeks ago.
But the fix is totally useless at the moment (atleast on K1), because there is hardly anyone queueing for BG's.

People queue up. Wait. Check how long they are in queue -> 'Oh 1 hour already? I'll grab a coffee then' -> come back and got deserter since the queue popped and they either entered with lazy pig or dropped the queue by waiting too long.

Tons of people I talked to just don't play anymore because of the PvP scene. And I can't blame them, if you can't even get replies from devs on a suggestions thread that is over 1 year old.
Even if you would just reply 'we will look into that / discuss that', people would be more pleased than just plain silence.

It took us MONTHS to get rid of the sandfarming back then.

I just don't get the thinking process of the Kronos staff.

You keep telling yourself that the server will be fine even after the new project gets released. There are so many arguments against that.
Why would the server be ok when people start quitting Kronos right now before the new server is even online?

Yesterday I logged on and tried to do some PvP. 40 min queue and lag that made playing a melee impossible.
Low populations but still unplayable latency. Whats the cause of that? DDoS? Provider problems?
No announcement from Kronos staff.

You said your next step for K1 will be the scripting of Naxxramas.

Even if the scripting will be 100% godlike blizzlike, I still have one question for you:
Will you be satisfied when only 2-3 guilds actually enter Naxx after all the hard work you put into Kronos?

I don't know the current guild state on K1. Just heard that another 9/9 AQ40 guild got disband yesterday (RIP Rag Monday Boys).
My guess is that there will only be ONSLAUGHT, Friends, Vanguard and Synced left which will actually raid Naxx (due to more and more people quitting / raids not getting filled up).

I've been playing on Kronos since the beta and always tried to support and promote the server, wether it was promoting it to other vanilla players or helping out with suggestions / bugreports.
All I can say now is that it's pretty sad to see the server going into the current direction. I'd rather have a 'fun server' than a dead server...

There will be rants again saying there is sooo much to do on Kronos (mainly from raidloggers). But the majority of people don't enjoy a low populated server where they have to level up a new char in order to 'have something to do'.
Most people focus on one char. Put work and effort into it. And of course they quit if they see that their guild can't fill up raid slots and there is nothing else to do with their char (e.g. PvP).
Why would they keep on playing and putting work into their char if they know that they won't be able to use that gear for raiding or PvP?
Some people are fine with that (Peasemold said it's ok for him and ONSLAUGHT), but I think the majority isn't cool with it.

TBH I don't even know why I just wrote another wall of text since I know that noone (especially the devs) give a shit about another salty player crying about the current situation.

BTW Whatever happend to Kronos staffs idea to launch a instant 60 Al'akir/retro wow style PvP server? Tons of PvP people would be flushing the server to play there..but yea..keep on dreaming I guess. (Yes, that suggestion got leaked).

If the Kronos staff doesn't see the tons of people crying out loud, I guess we just have to let them jump of the cliff...

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Kronos staff is right. Maybe the server will be fine. Maybe people will come back. The chances on that happening seem to be extremely low right now though...

TL;DR another salty sushi rant.

Take care.

wall of text

If even Sushi lost almost all hope for kronos, the devs should finally realise that there needs to be a BIG change in direction or the project will sooner then later die out... i feel like kronos lost one of its biggest supporters/fans. I personally want to love Kronos, but man the decisions made by the devs lately make it realy hard. I play here since beta and for the first time since then i am actually considering moving ... dont make me go to the other project.... please

Unfortunately that was bound to happen to a small portion of the player base. Ideally no players would abuse the system, but because they do the rules get changed for everyone including the innocent. I don't like it anymore than you do, and I can honestly say I feel your pain.

I asked 10 times on this thread if the aq war effort is going to be blizzlike or not so we can know if we should expect a merge in 2 months or 6 months.
Can you stop dodging this question please?
TELL US IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE THE DECISION YET ! At least thats something...

They obviously don't want to answer the question. If it was a short time period then clearly they are planning a merge. Considering they won't commit to merging yet it makes sense that they won't answer the question.

Personally I gave up on K1 a few weeks ago, and I'm simply waiting for a merge in 6 months or so. In the meantime I'm playing VTMB (best game ever!) and some WotLK.

About K2, right now it seems pretty healthy and even if it will lose some population it will still have a good players base to keep living. So from the admins point of view it's not a big deal, they already said that they don't mind a medium or even low population server.

K1 players can just be patient and wait for the merge to happen while doing PvE stuff with the same people over and over again or simply take a break and come back when Kronos will be one again.

Is this situation "fair" from a K1 player point of view? Well I guess we all know the answer, but what can you do...

Reactions: dms
I started convince to solution, that a better solution is open character transfer from K1 to K2 than merge both servers.
This solution is easier, faster and it will solve all problems except AQ raidloggers.

ADMINS, you are players also. Think as a player and you will see solution.

I started convince to solution, that a better solution is open character transfer from K1 to K2 than merge both servers.
This solution is easier, faster and it will solve all problems except AQ raidloggers.

ADMINS, you are players also. Think as a player and you will see solution.

+1 give players with out AQ gear a chance to transfer.

So i can DE my T2.5 gear, transfer over will the questline done and instantly bang the gong once war effort is done without farming the silithids for ages? Nice plan, 500+ scarab lords inc ;)

I'm quite sure that there is a possibility to filter players who already saw more AQ, than only gates while standing before them ;)

... and personally, I don't mind if you could transfer your character with full AQ gear. If you earned it, then it means that you deserve to have it.

All I would like to have, is a server with decent population where there is no problem to find members to party, where economy is working, AH is doing his job, where I could talk on general chat with others just to talk and pvp queues aren't count in hours.

Last edited:
Raid logging is a problem that needs to be solved?

How dare people who've spent a year or more on this server find they have very little else to do besides raid!

Oh right if only everyone queued for battlegrounds the server would flourish.

My comments always get deleted, but I can't resist commenting that the Devs just want you to buy chars on K2. Think of all the shekels they lose if they offer free transfers or even a merge. :lol:

It's probably too late now Peasemold, but if you started doing that earlier, it could've been the truth, even though you are being sarcastic. You wouldn't believe how many people that I know quit the server because of PvP situation and how many didn't even join the server in the first place because of the same thing. And who knows how much more people, compared to those that I know, think the same.

Yes, there is more PvEers then PvPers overall, but if you are PvEer in the first place, that doesn't mean that you don't like to PvP every now and then by definition. Many PvE players who wanna queue for some battlegrounds between their raids got bored and quit because at times there aren't any games popping to entertain them, and raidlogging is just too boring for them.

Talking about transfers to K2 is pointless. They're about to take a hit and might be in a similar situation to K1 in a month or two. It's why we've been so insistent on the merge. You don't see as many people from K2 on here complaining at the moment, but just wait. I've been trying K2 for a about 3 weeks now and know what the talk in guild and world chat is.

So i can DE my T2.5 gear, transfer over will the questline done and instantly bang the gong once war effort is done without farming the silithids for ages? Nice plan, 500+ scarab lords inc ;)

So what though ? Nobody is impressed by sitting in Org with a bug mount

Wooooooo drama

It came from grave!
200.gif

the next steppes for all of you should be off a cliff

sorry to break it down, but PvE is for shits who can't properly play. there I said it.
you pve and get items, just like a job. you pvp for fun, just like sparetime activities

if pvp isn't fun to you then its mostly because you suck at it. its not that you don't like pvp, you don't like beeing stepped on, admit it
unlike your 1001110110111 script bosses real players adapt and make the game more exciting

good to see some offtopic here, kkthxbye

I bet this guy have autism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom