• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Radio Silence Is Over

Hi all, new player here and all that.

I'm not new to WoW (stopped playing long before the advent of TBC) or private servers (I play on SWGemu regularly), but I'm new to WoW private servers.

NOS coverage on the news and eventual demise startled my curiosity of how would be to be back to one of the games I enjoyed the most. I must say I'm largely impressed. The professionality, dedication and effort put by the team into the server is admirable. Kudos to everyone of you.

I'm yet to take the pulse on the community, but what I've seen in these few days tells me that great times are to come. The concerns of the veteran players about the influx of new ones is absolutely understandable, but a more populated server will have a very positive outcome in the long term.

My current character is Gremdarn, Dwarven Hunter. Just drop me a line ingame if you need some good old school DPS ;)

Hopefully restricting VPN's should improve the quality of life (latency) for the rest of the players who don't have to use them. If I'm not mistaken, they add significant overhead to network traffic. Little diagram below can show how much extra crap has to be done because of tunneling.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/suppo...ing-encapsulation-gre/25885-pmtud-ipfrag.html

I'm sorry to go offtopic on this, but as a network administrator, I could not leave this alone :laugh:

The story above is only correct if you would connect the VPN to the WoW server, which is not the case.

You connect your PC through a VPN to another "endpoint" which is usually a server or router from the VPN vendor.
The traffic arriving at the WoW server is normal tcp/udp traffic and the payload is not encapsulated in any way. Using a VPN proxy does not increase the load on the server or server's router at all. Only the client connecting might notice an increased latency.

New player here to the server, Im trying to login and as soon as I login and get to connecting I get disconnected from server. I dont even make it to the realmlist.

Downloaded the client from the how to page and changed the realmlist.wtf as well

Hi there. New player here. I wanna abide by the rules etc. Do whats best for the server. I am from australia. I have always connected to nostalrius and other servers via a VPN to improve my latency. 350 with vpn, 500 approx without. If i am not allowed to do this on kronos i am fine to stop using my vpn. I dont fully understand if i am allowed to or not?
You can ask Twinstar admin if your VPN can be allowed. If so then it will be monitored until some shit happens then they remove it from whitelist.

New player here to the server, Im trying to login and as soon as I login and get to connecting I get disconnected from server. I dont even make it to the realmlist.

Downloaded the client from the how to page and changed the realmlist.wtf as well
Did you create your account on twinstar.cz?

Could you please correct the following typos?
1. It should be sheer instead of seer.
2. in those guilds' best interest instead of in those guilds best interest.
3. other measures instead of other measure.
4. Safe travels, friends instead of Safe travels friends.

Other than that, a great update!

It's the nature of people to complain, we all know that. But it's also the nature of people to express thanks, so I'm doing that here.

Kronos devs/GMs have a titanium spine that Blizzard never had. I trust their ability to captain the ship. And I hope this all works out for the better. In time I think the community will shake this out, and with the devs attention and our patience, the community will stabilize and be a great place.

That's what I'm hoping and hanging around for. :crazy:

How come they don't even mention Nostalrius in the post. Can't they show a little respect? It's like they are blatantly avoiding talking about them lol

How come they don't even mention Nostalrius in the post. Can't they show a little respect? It's like they are blatantly avoiding talking about them lol

Indeed, it's all about respect. And coherence, too. You show the dead sympathy and closeness when you talk about them as if they were still living and listening to you: Nost wasn't mentioned before, hence it's not mentioned now.

Why on earth would they name the now-dead server?

We all know who they're talking about.

Kronos will not want to suggest any links whatsoever with n**t,
even if it is just one line of text welcoming their refugees.

The hand of friendship has been extended but
there's no need to draw any more attention to this server than is necessary.

im quite ignorant of computing. What means VPN stuff? i play from south america, will i have access restrictions to game servers?

Goodshit man. You guys are bustin ass for this server! Thanks for all the hardwork yall do just so i can play a game. I really appreciate it, ive never had a single complaint thus far. Take a day off once ina while! jeez! :D

This. Omg sometimes i wonder what kind of players playde on nostl. Delusional....

if kronos is up tomorrow, I will be sooooooo happy, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_17RHGKNTY

Sadly there was a post about that today:

UPDATE:
The logistics involved in this are extremely complex, so to avoid further disappointment, we are pushing back our initial ETA for the return of Kronos by 24 hours.
This ultimately means that our servers should be back online sometime on Tuesday.
For now we cannot offer any further information but rest assured that we will take whatever measures necessary to ensure the success and longevity of the Kronos project.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Top Bottom