• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The very first day

I'm just stoked we're at the point in development where there's a set release date and a Beta. Feels great having the opportunity to test out the server and aid in making it a better project in the end. There is no more room for pessimism. Anyone who managed to complain about the server going down on the first day of testing must not really get what "testing" means haha. Either way I'm pumped to get on the server tomorrow or sunday and get some quality hours in!

well it turned out to be a stress test looking at those online numbers!! Hopefully chero can figure it out quickly.

Soon™

The server recovery time after every restart was really fast!

Is this a core feature? awesome server hardware? or just small yet database of players?

It's both awesome hardware AND a core feature. You need proper code optimization to run fast.

As for the database of players, Twinstar realms perform a big maintenance once in a few years, cleaning up accounts with no characters, characters with level 1 that were never logged into or that are inactive for months. Simply said, they are preventing more slowdowns :smile:

No worries Chero! It must have been extremly stressfull for you and the crew last night, hope you'll get things sorted soon, can't wait to try it out again ;)

Apart from the disconnects, which I'm sure you guys will handle, I'm very impressed! Great work, Kronos team. I can't wait for the 28th.

Looking back at all the shittalking a few weeks back I am amazed how supportive and sympathetic you are.
<3

Keep it up guys. I got confidence in you :smile:

I was surprised, when I saw my old lvl 60 character from 2014 when i logged in yesterday. I had to be somewhere else otherwise I'd stay online for more than 10 seconds. When they put the beta back online, I'll try to test it a bit more :) Fingers crossed!

when will the server become on again? Can't wait to give it a try ;-;

Last edited:
I suppose they are working hard on it as we speak, doubt they wanna put it up again before it's really fixed. Every starting project has it's starting-issues, everyone knows this but still many react the wrong way... Once is no problem, twice is ok but three times is not "ok" for most people. So I'm quite sure they are just making sure that there is no 2nd and 3rd time for these crashes.

Apart from the crashes everything worked quite well so that's a good start I suppose.

From Kronoez on the Beta Status update thread
just so that you don't keep checking all night or whatever time it is for you right now,
The server will not get back online within the next 12h at the very least, maybe not even for the entire Saturday and maybe even longer!

as stated a couple of times on various platforms, we will make sure to inform you when we will re-open the beta test again. So you don't need to recheck every couple of minutes or every hour.

we will inform you when the issues we encountered today have been fixed and then we'll tell when the server goes back up.

I think Kronos can do this. Keep in mind there were a lot of other factors causing trouble, like people from every other server logging in just to shit talk every little wrong thing. Half the guild I was mass recruited into were talking about how Nostalrius was better but kept logging in to bitch about the DCs.

I think a week down the road when the server actually launches and you shed all the randoms who really don't want to play here it'll be easier. Like, I guarantee if you made people have to level in the beta, or made the gear on vendors instead of spawned in, it would have been a lot easier. The server was trying to accomodate 500+ people spawning multiple items at the same exact time. I'm not good with server management but I'm pretty sure that'd add a hefty strain."

Also, pretty sure I saw the GM post about it saying this was more or less a stress test. Which meant the DCs were supposed to happen as a means to see what the server is capable of holding on it. Honestly even though I was DCing, I got pretty pumped to play the server. Hell, I'm prepared to save back, buy a ton of energy drinks and forget about my health kick for a week or two just to relive that old feeling. Only difference would be I'm not 13 again, but nerding out infront of a computer with tons of mountain dew? Hell yeah!

For what it's worth Kronos Staff, you have a loyal supporter here and I wish you guys the best.

Last edited:

Omfg dude you read my mind!

I'm actually pretty happy about what happened with the beta release. This proves real interest in testing the capacity of a server at it's most real appearance.

IMO the information we and even the qq yelling visitors gave the dev's been more then helpful to support a upcoming and stable server.

[sarcasm] As well is this server supposed to be bizzlike so without wipes and server crashes - what's blizzlike?! [/sarcasm]

Good evening everybody,
Dont get me wrong but how does it work?! Can we expect anything this evening or should we come back tomorrow?
If there is any GM around.
Thank you

I bet for tomorrow or maybe after 2 day's( i think so)...but anyway we cant play vanilla nowhere now...so just be possitive(maybe write it wrong) and watch movie or something for now : )

Just don't fix any dates and timetables like that ^^ Already the close launch within a month... people will find a lot of bugs^^ Well, depens on what kind of server you wann have too :) It takes time to get it right... and no server i know even got close, so no worries ;)

Top Bottom