• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Time to introduce Multique again?

dms

Authorized
Merge went great, pop is great atm, so I thought how about enabling the option to que for multiple battlegrounds at the same time? And if you join for example wsg you dont drop que for ab/av.

We finally have a population large enough again to support this feature so howbowdah?

pros:
-its BLIZZLIKE hello?!
-ab/av outside their weekends
-more options for pugs
-in general more variety creates a happier player base

The only downside I can see in this is premades using it to dodge eachother but that is fairly easily fixed by disabling multique for groups.

And it should not create empty games with amount of players doing pvp atm.

It's awesome right now.

But I am afraid the second people start gaining honor, they will organize and make every bit of casual play unfun.

Removal of the multiqueue (IIRC, I gave up on PvP back then) was in order to put a stop to players playing the queue instead of each other.

The second people decide they will get r12+ again at any cost, other people will dodge them at any cost and the majority of battlegrounds will be unfun. We need to separate group play from solo play at all cost or history will just repeat itself.

I believe this is one of the two things that will decide how big Kronos' population will be in 6 months. We can no longer cater for the horrible minority in our population that would insist people should just organize like they are organizing and that it's the fault of the average player that they are getting stomped by premades.

That is a whole load of horse poo.

Kronos would not and does not exist without the casual players enjoying all pillars of what is retail vanilla. We have three: PvE, PvP and community. We never captured the blizzlike feeling of battlegrounds. Whoever tells you premades like we have on private servers were a thing in retail days is kidding themselves. They existed, but they were pretty bad. Every BG had multiple fights and skirmishes that were fun.

We had fewer people going for the highest ranks back then. The people that did this were mostly leading their faction to victory and not their exclusive premades. They were surrounded by many average players.

The cesspool that we (the community) create here is a group of 10 people banding together, all trying to achieve their highest rank as quickly as possible and they would go through all means necessary to get there quicker. They would even work a week at McDonald's for free if that gave them r14.

That is nothing like it was on retail. And I went retail vanilla -> Kronos directly with a 10 year gap inbetween. The differences are very vivid to me.

Our entire community is dropping the ball. This entire thing is much like a board game. If you don't make sure everyone is enjoying it, people will not want to play with you anymore in the future.

Every single battleground has been great so far. And that is solely because nobody is ranking. Nobody knows how long it will last. We need to keep it like that. At all costs.

Well if people actually used already existing feature, which allows us to queue for all battlegrounds at the same time without hopping from one into another, there would be different battlegrounds up all the time. The thing is, everyone just keeps queuing for the same BG ignoring the possibility to queue for others as well. I doubt more then 5% players queue for all BGs when they feel like PvPing, but rather just WSG.

I would like to add that in addition to multiqueue Alterac Valley 'Join as Group' button should be added. Why is it not there when for any other battleground there is such a button?

As for the solution of premades: it can be done fairly easily. Make two invisible queues: one for those who press 'Join', the other is for those who press 'Join as Group'. So if there's a premade ready on one side and PUG on the other, the battle must not be started. As soon as there are premades or PUGs on both side, a battle should be started.

Example (WSG):
Glossary:
- AP - Alliance premade.
- HP - Horde premade.
- APQ - Alliance premade queue.
- AQ - Alliance PUG queue.
- HPQ - Horde premade queue.
- HQ - Horde PUG queue.
Numbers indicate premade or queue number, ordering by first joined.

AQs battle against HQs, and APQs battle against HPQs.

Let's say we have following premades.
AP1 - 2 people.
AP2 - 3 people.
AP3 - 2 people.
AP4 - 2 people.
AP5 - 2 people.

HP1 - 5 people.
HP2 - 3 people.
HP3 - 3 people.
HP4 - 2 people.
HP5 - 2 people.

All PUGs who join go to queues AQ1/HQ1, and start playing as soon as they get enough people.
Whenever any of the aforementioned group joins, they go to APQ/HPQ. After a while:
APQ1 = AP1 + AP2 + AP3 + AP4 (9 people).
APQ2 = AP5 (2 people).
HPQ1 = HP1 + HP2 + HP4 (10 people).
HPQ2 = HP3 + HP5 (5 people).

AP5, HP3 and HP5 did not get into the first queues because there was not enough space for them. Now when we have APQ1 and HPQ1 unable to accept any more groups, the next groupless person will join them instead of AQ/HQ (AQ in this example), so that they can start a battle.

However, all the other PUGs will still go to AQ/HQ, leaving APQ2 and HPQ2 wait for more premades. Supposedly, APQ2 will get AP1, AP2, AP3 and one random person the next match (after the first one finishes), and HPQ2 will get HP1.

HP2, HP3, HP4 and HP5 will form HPQ3 against AP4 (APQ3), who has not enough people and waits for more groups to join. Once again, all PUGs will ignore premade queues unless they need exactly 1 person to fill a squad.

Well if people actually used already existing feature, which allows us to queue for all battlegrounds at the same time without hopping from one into another, there would be different battlegrounds up all the time. The thing is, everyone just keeps queuing for the same BG ignoring the possibility to queue for others as well. I doubt more then 5% players queue for all BGs when they feel like PvPing, but rather just WSG.

I que always que for all three bgs and i always did (when possible). Unfortunately i seem to be the only one. AB never popped for me outside the ab weekend.

Let's do this,

Even after server merge there is still a few dead hours 8:00am server time and it would REALLY BE NICE for some BGs to pop during the low point.

I guess they would have to rework the deserter mechanic again then.
If you enter one bg and get queue pop for another you shouldn't get deserter for leaving queue / leaving current bg to enter another.

This is of course pretty obvious, but i'm just saying in case GMs haven't thought of it :p

Well being able to hope from 1 BG to another was always a bad thing from my experience..

Imagine this situation.. You are in 10v10 WSG and AB pops for half of Horde team and no Ally. Game ends up being 5v10 and if there is no more Horde in queue it will just stay 5v10 until it's over.

I started on Nost when it opened and exactly this was one of the reasons I quit the server 1 month later. Like 4 out of 5 WSGs I queued for, it would start as 10v10, 3 min later Allies would get AB pop and 7-8 of them would leave the battleground.. Then the game would go on as 3v10 until it's over because there weren't any other Allies in WSG queue or until the other game ends which allowed those players from another game to join ours..but ofc, by then the game is already ruined since Horde had 2 free caps 10v3... And the server had over 10k online..

Developers,

There should be a *LESS PLAYERS* requirement on BGs. Late night there are dead hours where not enough horde que up. At least allow us a 2 versus 2 WSG or 5 versus 5 AB. Even THAT would be enough.

It doesn't need to be more complicated than this. And it should be easy to implement.

Developers,

There should be a *LESS PLAYERS* requirement on BGs. Late night there are dead hours where not enough horde que up. At least allow us a 2 versus 2 WSG or 5 versus 5 AB. Even THAT would be enough.

It doesn't need to be more complicated than this. And it should be easy to implement.
There should be more players who go to battlegrounds. There are a lot of people online to play at least one Warsong, Arathi and Alterac simultaneously with probably each level range at the same time. At least, at daytime (server time).

The reason why battlegrounds do not start is that most people do PvM content instead of PvP, even though this is a PvP server. There is nothing to fix here regarding how the game works, it's all about the community.

I like kamchak's Idea. I feel like majority of the community enganged in pvp and battlegrounds are fairly casual who just want to enjoy the experience via the occasional pug vs pug game.

The server also has a decent amount of players who want to play real competive battleground games with organized teams.

To find a way to cater for both of these player types would be great but obviously creating a perfectly working system that would please everyone is very hard.

Multique might help with this problem allowing the pugs to "escape" the premade games which they dont want to be part of and thus allowing the premades to face eachother more easily.

Sarei's concerns are real, atm I feel like it wouldnt be a big problem because there is a lot ppl queing for bgs, but I guess a test period and community feedback would be the best approach if the kronos team is considering implementation.

As much as I love WSG, I love AB and AV even more. Please do something to make them pop more than just one weekend a month. Removing the non-bg weekend so that double honor/rep weekends cycle every 3 weeks might help. Multi-queue is great too, but has some obvious flaws. But only having WSG popping for 75% of the month does get stale.

this have been a common problem on krons for ages premades controll the bgs, multiqueue is a good idea or just make it so if you sighn up for 1 bgs all bgs get sighned up would be a nice wakeup call for people.
or change it up whatever bg that dont get played gets extra honnor gained and those who get played 24/7 gets less honor gained basicly like bg weekend except they make it daily, that way everyone get to play their favorite bg atleast once each 3rd day

Current system is the best there is, you can queue for all 3 BGs at the same time already, but the thing is, noone is queueing AB and AV. If people actually queued for all BGs at once instead of just WSG, at least AB would be popping sometimes during the week, but they don't. The system that you are talking about, which allow players to hop between battlegrounds is just impossible on a server of this size. But anyway, even on old Nost with 10k online it was horrible since most games would start 10v10, 3 minutes later end up 3v10 and then go on like that for 3-4 min until new players join, but by then the game was already over.

The second suggestion I like, they could remove BG weekends and just rotate WSG/AB like every 2-3 days (fuck AV, sry Lild) or even do it TBC style and just rotate it every day with daily quest (10g for a win) which would surely encourage more people to queue up at least until they win that 1 game.

However, considering the fact that no PvP-related suggestions got feedback/attention before (even those made by the staff member himself), there wont really be any change or reply so just make your peace with the way it is :p

What ever happened to Chero's "soonish" update?

Also, rather than removing bg weekends, why not just remove the non-bg weekend. I feel like that's something everyone on all sides can agree with

Top Bottom