• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Timeline

Do you want the timeline to

• Release as advertised

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Be shorter

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Be longer

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Yeah thanks for the lesson but what will Drakkisath drop at server start?
If he drops anything, then he will only drop D1 items. D2 set pieces are quest awards.

If he drops anything, then he will only drop D1 items. D2 set pieces are quest awards.

We already know D2 is a quest reward. Just trying to figure out if the timeline actually means what we think it means (which is D1 being released after BWL).

I think it's a mistake: D1 will be here from the start, while D2 quest chain will be available after Silithus/BWL. Would be nice to have a confirmation though. Maybe, they want to force people to run dungeons more: in the beginning, for their pre-raid items, after BWL, to get their D1 items and upgrade them for D2.

This is the exact line where I stopped reading. After briefly browsing half the lines of the post I came to a conclusion that it is nonsense.

Hmm. Your very first sentence shows me you lack understanding of a certain facet of the internet. How about you go pose a question on Kronos discord and come back to me with "it is nonsense".

Or maybe you do understand that facet seeing as how 'TLDR' was the sum of your post. Thanks for proving me totally totally right. Read first sentence. Read last sentence. Dismiss out of hand or post long WhiteKnight response.

You fail to understand that 'blizzlike' is a big deal, that it does matter and that just the word is the argument strong enough against whatever 'non-blizzlike' anybody could ever offer. This is one of primary reasons why people who like Classic WoW choose Kronos over other servers.

Oh I understand. What you don't understand is why I asked not to argue 'Blizzlike'. Blizzlike is either used when a person has no argument or is to open to interpretation to be a reliable argument. Especially after the multitude of non-blizzlike changes Kronos has purposefuly inserted into the server.

I'm sure it was a huge reason people chose Kronos over other servers. All 50 of them. Stop kidding yourself. You need to learn the servers history and play on those other servers before you can grasp even a portion of the reasoning as to why people roll on one over the other. How bout you poll a sample of the vanilla population that isn't the 5 people left on Kronos and get back to me.

Do you want to know an actual non-WhiteKnight reason people continuously roll fresh servers when there are multiple established servers with naxx out? It's because they're stupid. They think they will get server first 60 or MC or BWL or even KT despite having never shown the skill, determination, free time, whatever, it takes to actually accomplish those things. Then, after a while, the truth comes crashing down and they quit till the next fresh server.

That's just one of the reasons. Others include but are not limited to; The excitement of all the people leveling together, The race, Some sense of fairness, The devs promised something, etcetera. The point is everyone always rolls fresh.

In any case: Arguing population in favor of Kronos isn't smart. Crogges' server had more population than Kronos and he was publicly outed for selling gold to the chinese, then forcing those chinese to tell him who they sold the gold they bought from him to, then banning those people that bought gold that he sold to the chinese. Kronos had less population than that guy AFTER all that came out. Hue. Butt yeah. I'm sure peoples perceived importance of blizzlike will save us.

The correct is not the question that you pose, but why would anybody (in this case, you) think of these questions and think they're better than what had been announced. You make yourself problems by asking this question. If you want the game to be faster or slower, easier or harder or in any other way different than 'blizzlike', then you probably spend too much time in it and should either find another hobby or just take a break.

Oh christ. What is this shit? Don't ask questions? Why don't you roll over so they can stamp on the other side of your face? Your blind acceptance is pathetic.

First things first. Releasing Molten Core with the release of the server is 'blizzlike' meaning the timeline is not. See why I said we shouldn't use that term? You don't even know what blizzard did yet here you are; trying to use it to insult me.

I absolutely think my ideas are better than what has been announced. Kronos would be dead twice now if it weren't for two deus ex machinas that saved their ass. Nost died, giving Kronos a large population boost (which they squandered), and Legacy was announced, giving them anther boost. Some factors went against them but it is their own fault they are on life support. And half of that fault is because they took so god damn long to do everything. I mean the war effort was up forever. Even blizzard put an auto complete in for servers that took to long. Then naxx taking years. Don't get me wrong, this timeline is much better than their previous efforts but the population is going to roll fresh AGAIN before aq is even out. If they even roll on Kronos to begin with. 2 months for MC. lol. That's missing the forest for the trees if I ever saw it.

Did you ever think that maybe I like Kronos? Maybe I want the server to actually succeed instead of barely scrape by. Maybe. By asking questions I'm trying to improve the server. Criticism isn't a bad thing. I'm trying to improve something I like. Maybe you should try to fix it's faults instead of ignore them.

Of course, it is. I wonder why would anybody do it. So-called 'farming' is bored no matter if you're doing it for month or any other period. I have had my D2 set for half a year or maybe even more and guess what, I am completely happy with it. I can perform well enough in any dungeon in any role just well enough. It's not pre-raid BiS, it's not top gear, but it is good enough to perform well enough in majority of situations. Moreover, it works in PvP as well, both in battlegrounds and world.

Why would anybody gather T1, then T2, T2.5 and T3? No idea. Far not every piece of it look as cool as, for instance, Imperial Plate armour set or level 12 shop mail armour. Attributes can be better than previous set (I deliberately not using 'good' to describe it), but far not necessary to perform well.

So I can say that in most cases, 'farming' should be avoided. And going into the same instance more than once or twice... well, you really must enjoy it if you do it, otherwise it's a waste of time.

You see. This is exactly what I knew would happen. My mistake was thinking it would be someone reading the first few sentences and building their entire post off that. You, my good man, read the first few AND the last few sentences and built your entire post around that.

All this shit you said. All of it. Has absolutely nothing to do with anything about the topic. Thanks for adding it though. I can surmise from this, you log on once a month for 5 minutes. Or you are one of those people who is on a lot but does who knows what. Either way I'm trying to get you a more populated server. You can play it how you want.

To make it short: if you want to do the same content over and over again and again, do it. If you don't, then don't. If you want tougher content, make it tougher. Nobody forces you to gather consumables or buffs or whatever else you're gathering for raids. I personally would consider getting world buffs unsportsmanlike unless they're in the way, and different add-ons that tell you what to do is plain cheating. If I go to Stratholme, I could grab EPG towers on my way. If I go to Naxxramas, there is no reason for me to visit Darkmoon Faire, Dire Maul (come on, it's on different continent) or anything else not related with my quest.

What you do is first making the game easier for yourself by collecting whatever can make the encounters simpler, then you complain about that the game is easy if you are allowed to do that. Seriously, nobody forces you to play faster than intended. Take a break.

I covered this in my post. You see in this game there are raids. To do these raids you need 40 players. I can take your stupid advice all I want but I can't force other people to take it. If I could force them I wouldn't. This is an MMORPG. MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER (well on kronos it's not massively hue). This means it's not single player. If it were single player I could do all the stuff you said. It's not. I can't.

You don't seem to understand any aspect of even the most basic social climate of a vanilla server. Obviously you don't understand anything about raiders. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were a Kronos Dev.

Maybe I have 39 other people in the raid with me. Maybe I don't want to be a hindrance to them. Maybe I'm not content with being mediocre. Maybe I want to perform to the best of my abilities even though it is just a game. Maybe I'm not selfish. Maybe I want to see big numbers. Maybe I want to see my name on top of a list. Maybe I want the raid to go as fast and smooth as possible. Maybe I want it to go faster than last time. Maybe I want my raid to be the fastest on the server. Maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe.

Every thing you've posted shows no comprehension of private servers or their community. The majority of it sounds like you think of it as a single player game. That or you're self centered. Could be either one. Maybe.

This vote is nonsense.

Did you say up there you wouldn't go to DMF or DM before going to Naxx? Nice. Your post is nonsense.

Now that that's out of the way....Just as a broad overview this timeline is a big improvement on their previous efforts but it won't be populated. Not unless LH dies like nost did.

Challenge. Race. Forget all that shit. The server won't be populated for 2 reasons

MC being released after 2 months. No one is even going to roll on K3 after they read this stupidity. People will roll obviously but it will be a fraction of numbers possible. You didn't even make it to the first hurdle. You tripped on the starting blocks.

Timeline length. Everyone that rolls K3 even after reading the MC part will roll the next fresh before AQ even comes out. Obviously some will stay but you got like 7 months between BWL and AQ and even longer between AQ and naxx (I don't remember the exact numbers and I'm too lazy to look but too long). Anathema released AQ and Naxx in a fraction of the time it took Kronos to release theirs. Everyone still rolled LB. Once again you'll have 10 guilds left when AQ comes out and 5 for Naxx.

Regardless of what their reasons are, why they do it, anything like that, the fact is people always roll fresh. You can make a server wait a long time till Naxx and there will be a few people playing it (this is called server lifespan hue) but the majority will have quit and rolled their next fresh server long ago. Unless you do something different.

Oh. And your shitty hardware can't support any significant population. People are going to roll where they have less ping.

Perhaps the game is easier because it's 14 years old?! if you want to challenge yourself a little bit...roll a class you've never played, try something new. But after 14 years I would certainly hope that anyone playing these private servers should have a pretty darn good idea of efficiency.

While TwinStar is obviously not collecting a subscription fee you have to understand that they're only emulating the original model blizzard set. if the content release schedule is too slow for you than you seriously need to find some hobbies and do other things.

Just wanted to come back to this and comment again...

This particular version of WoW (vanilla) is a version that we have all played now for years. We are good at it. We all know how to level in the most efficient manner, how to work professions in the most efficient manner, if/when to skip dungeons, how/where to farm pre-raid BiS.

On top of that...factor in that alot of players typically re-roll the same class/main (because they're efficient/good at it)...

ON TOP OF THAT...factor in that almost everyone is playing with 10+ add-ons that eliminate virtually all of the thinking you'd have to do in the game.

I can bust out my PS1 and pop in Metal Gear Solid and beat the game in 3 hours, because I know what I can skip and know the paths that every enemy takes, etc. If I use a turbo controller (read: "add-on") I can prob do it in under 2.5 hours. But my first time through back in 1998? Shit I probably spent 40 hours.

My point is...we are all much more efficient players, which means we complete things faster and have more time to spare. And this has nothing to do with how a server chooses to release its new content (prepared or not) over time.

This stuff you said about the players being more efficient and whatnot. I agree. Perhaps you could agree it stands to reason that because we are all better than we were 14 years ago the game could be made harder to compensate. They made naxx harder to compensate for everyone being full BiS with a bunch of consumes. Could do it server wide.

Anyways....I know I said all that stuff about challenge n whatnot but challenge means nothing in a MMORPG without other players. Naxx is super hard with only 25 people. Impossible with 5. Shorter timeline would keep the server populated until naxx as opposed to the state it's in now.

And about your bolded portion: I agree as well. Except there has never been a fast content release has there? No. Not in the history of private servers there hasn't. Everyone has always been given time to farm everything they could ever need 100 times over on every private server ever. It's easy to talk up our collective gaming prowess after being spoon fed weaksauce for the last decade.

You can't make the timeline too short because then slow levelers will hit 60 by ZG release. You can't make the timeline too long because then everyone has time to brainlessly farm all the BiS. I think they tried to find a sweet spot in the middle.

It seems as though they tried that. They learned at least that much from Naxx.

But what's wrong with slower levelers hitting 60 by ZG release? There will always be players behind. Unless you are one of the 40-120 players who kills rag the second week you are behind as well. The majority of the server is always behind. We can't delay everything to hand hold every last person. This is vanilla. It's been a time spent game for 14 years.

I mean where do you stop? Do we delay BWL until every guild has 40 members in full MC BiS? Do we delay AQ until every player has a bug mount? All these players will get to see all the content if they stick with it. They just won't get to see it first and why should they? Waiting for them is server death sentence. It's worse than that. It's Retail.

Personally, with having cleared everything in this game from Sulfuron to KT, I'm in no hurry. I want it slow and chilling. Moreover, I'm not interested in TBC, so yeah, I want it to last as much as possible (voted longer).

After how long it took them to script Naxx you think TBC is going to be ready in the next millennia? I don't see why that matters anyways. You can chill regardless of the release schedule. Do you think your guild is now going to raid 5 nights a week because there is more content out? It doesn't matter though. People are going to roll fresh regardless. There will probably be 6 new servers before kronos gets around to releasing it's TBC. Maybe some of them will be Kronos' (not with this decision making)

You should be thinking about how many people will be playing on TBC with you when it finally comes out instead of how long until it comes out.

/script TargetUnit('Kamchak');CastSpellByName('Blessing of Salvation');
[LookingForGroup] LF hunter to use a macro:
[LookingForGroup] /script TargetUnit('Roarnstuff');CastSpellByName('Tranquilizing Shot');

Top Bottom