• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Tips for Reckoning leveling?

gotmilk0112

I've been quite enjoying sit-critting my way to high damage so far, but I was wondering if I could do it better/more efficiently?

I'm using two macros, a vanilla /startattack macro, and another macro which is just /sit. I use a macro instead of the X key so that I can just mash the macro to ensure that I sit down, because X key toggles between sitting and standing.

I use Crusader for the faster attack speed and just alternate between my autoattack macro and my /sit macro, as usual. I've got an addon that tracks both my swing timer and the enemy's swing timer, and if the enemy's swing will happen close to mine, I'll sit instead of autoattacking, to get one more Reckoning charge.

The guide here says to get Seal of Command, but is that really better than the huge increase to attack speed that Crusader gives? With Crusader lowering my attack speed, I can hit after every time the mob swings, seeing as most mobs have a 2 second swing timer, and my swing timer is 2.43 with Crusader up. (3.40 speed weapon) Is the single extra hit from Command worth it, or does it have a chance to proc on every single Reckoning hit?

Currently running with the lovely Bonebiter, and I snagged an Executioner's Cleaver for cheap off the AH, for when I hit level 43. Any notable slow 2h weapons for level 48+ ?

Last edited:
I played around with Seal of Righteousness a bit, and noticed that it was proccing off of every single Reckoning hit.

IE, with 2 reckoning charges, I'd get 3 melee hits and 3 SoR hits as well.

I'm assuming Seal of Command works the same way, having a chance to proc off of each hit with Reckoning?

SoC will only proc once every bomb. Look up seal twisting to know why. It has a delay.

Thats why you judge SoC and take SoR before BOMB it hits on every attack
Elaborate? I've never done any of this "seal twisting" stuff.

Command does way more damage with Reckoning than Righteousness (for 2-3 Reckoning stacks, which is what happens while leveling), so why would I want to judge Command and then use Righteousness?

You judge command to get the extra damage. Then you switch to SoR cause it is reliable damage.
SoC can only proc on the first hit while SoR proccs on every hit making it deal more and also more consistant damage.

Now the tip:
Don't play reckoning.

There I said it. The people who support you and tell you to do whatever you feel is best are usually not the ones that are stuck up in BGs with you and your lackluster spec.
If you are fine with beeing an utter burden to your team and can cope with beeing made fun of or constantly flamed then more power to you. Enjoy beeing a reckadin.

SoC can only proc on the first hit while SoR proccs on every hit making it deal more and also more consistant damage.

But Command does so much more damage than Righteousness. You'd have to get 4 or 5 Reckoning charges in order for Righteousness to come close to Command's damage. When I'm fighting mobs, I usually only get 2 Reckoning charges before my melee swing timer finishes.

There I said it. The people who support you and tell you to do whatever you feel is best are usually not the ones that are stuck up in BGs with you and your lackluster spec.
If you are fine with beeing an utter burden to your team and can cope with beeing made fun of or constantly flamed then more power to you. Enjoy beeing a reckadin.
Where did I say anything about BGs or PvP? I literally put "leveling" in the title.

But Command does so much more damage than Righteousness. You'd have to get 4 or 5 Reckoning charges in order for Righteousness to come close to Command's damage. When I'm fighting mobs, I usually only get 2 Reckoning charges before my melee swing timer finishes.

Where did I say anything about BGs or PvP? I literally put "leveling" in the title.

Its 4 stacks of reck and thats whenyou should use it. A Judgement SoC, then 4 stacks of reck with SoR give the highest burst, and even more if you 1. stun 2. judge soc 3. 4 stack reck with SoR

Its 4 stacks of reck and thats whenyou should use it. A Judgement SoC, then 4 stacks of reck with SoR give the highest burst, and even more if you 1. stun 2. judge soc 3. 4 stack reck with SoR
Yes, we all know that.

I'm talking about LEVELING, not BGs/PvP. You don't use reck bombs while questing against regular mobs, you just get 1-2 charges depending on your weapon speed. For that purpose, Command is much better overall.

You judge command to get the extra damage. Then you switch to SoR cause it is reliable damage.

Now the tip:
Don't play reckoning.

It's hardly a lackluster spec in bgs. The improved stun, hit, blessings, concentration aura, and the extra blessings more than make up for what you lose in ret or holy. The focus becomes more about disruption and support.

Top Bottom