• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Tool] WoW Copy UI

oppahansi

Authorized
Hi,

I would like to share a little tool with you.

https://github.com/oppahansi/WoWCopyUI

Info
This tool helps you copy your old UI to a new character. It updates all folder names and all addon files to match your new character name and realm.
The tool can also be used to make templates of your current UI and share it. Check the readme.

Idea for the tool was born in Vanguard in preparation for K3. :)
Since I don't know what to test next, I would like to request some feedback on bugs or what could be changed. Thanks.
I hope this will make a bit easier to copy existing UIs to new characters and setting everything up.

Cheers

Last edited:
Really interesting, thanks for the share, I'll definitely try it on Kronos III launch.

So aside from copy pasting your characters wtf folder and doing a simple rename whats the purpose of this ? doesn't that feel a bit excessive if thats all ?

I really like the idea of this. Thanks for sharing.

Some bad optimized addons also add for example the characters name INSIDE the SavedVariables of the addon that are already assigned to said character.

So in order to copy the exact config over to another character with a different name, you not only have to rename the folders but also open up the lua-files with an editor and replace the old character-, server-, or realmnames with the new ones.

EnergyWatch_v2 which im currently using is doing exactly that:

Code:
EnergyWatch_Save = {
    ["Roguetestx of Public Test Realm"] = {
        ["show"] = 0,
        ["status"] = 1,
        ["text"] = "",
        ["sound"] = "",
        ["scale"] = 1,
    },
}

Your tool changes the name of the char inside the file but the realm stays the same.

Maybe add a command that checks every file for the 3 entered variables and replaces them with the 3 new ones.

So aside from copy pasting your characters wtf folder and doing a simple rename whats the purpose of this ? doesn't that feel a bit excessive if thats all ?
Sushibarf answered it. :)

Your tool changes the name of the char inside the file but the realm stays the same.

Maybe add a command that checks every file for the 3 entered variables and replaces them with the 3 new ones.

Hmm it should change the realm name too, if it is found. I will check that, thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom