• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Total domination rogue style.

I'm glad you guys liked it, I know right... my intention a little, to start off kinda scrubby and then make something a lil better :p The 4.0 one is also recorded over a span of two days or so, the others are only from a couple of hours of gameplay.

Last edited:
Where to begin?

First and foremost you are a rogue in Stranglethorn, I am unsure if you do not grasp the weight that single factor alone has. Your enemies you are facing as drastically below par, I don't want to word this the wrong way, but you are not particularly great yourself and your enemies are even more beneath that. You are essentially facing clicker types. Take for example the hunter in the fourth linked video towards the beginning. He used Aspect of the Cheetah whilst you were on top of him. Following that he didn't do anything in the fight. A lot of this is due to the way some classes are low level, which leads me to my second point.

You are using an "actual PVP class" whereas most of these types are not as favored as rogues. What I mean by "Actual PVP class" is that rogues are built ENTIRELY AROUND the idea of PvP. Even if they weren't designed solely for pvp, their kit and power budget does a lot to give them excessive strength in pvp, rivaled by only a few. Some classes get the luxury of having two in one, however for a lot of them this isn't the case, and your video shows a lot of that.

Next, I get the impression that you live in Stranglethorn. Not that this is a bad thing entirely, it does make me drastically question your capability as a rogue player. Every single one of your clips that I can immediately recall without subjecting myself to another 10 minutes of pain, you had the opener. That is one thing I feel defines a rogue player, how you can fight WITHOUT the opener. I do not mean this as "Lol I didn't stealth." I mean this as someone actually opening on you. Against any enemy with a brain, you will for the most part lose unless the skill difference is very big, or you can abuse your cooldowns to reverse it.

Like, I really hate to say it but you do well to portray the "average rogue in STV" element. However I feel you're also so limited in your capability that pvp against either any half decent player will end badly for you. For someone who during their video in chat said they played Rogue since "actual retail vanilla", you are severely underdeveloped. Maybe you haven't played "Vanilla Rogue" since then, but your movement and overall lack of mechanics says a lot. Players who truly are good, may not understand a new class, but they definitely are able to keep their movement. 30 levels is more than enough to develop a feel for the class again from other expansions.

As much as I hate the guy, I'd cite Prepare the mage. Kid is a complete *****, but his skill at mage is there. I feel if you had encountered him at your current level (hypothetically stating he's the same level) he would mop the floor with you because his skill level is so far beyond yours because he knows his class past the STV phase. Maredokun (his name in beta, I think he's now Maredasan) is another example, stellar warrior player.

I personally don't want to say this either, but you come off as a strict roguecraft junkie. You'll be a 10 minute rogue player, but you won't be able to hold your own as rogue once the gear acquisition makes other classes viable. You'll remain strong until people start getting BWL or even AQ gear, at which point other classes finally have the health pools to survive and you won't be able to hold a candle to them in a real fight. You might still get away with the gimmicky roguecraft stunlock, but in a straight 1v1, or as a serious rogue player, I feel you are FAR from that point.

Where to begin?

First and foremost you are a rogue in Stranglethorn, I am unsure if you do not grasp the weight that single factor alone has. Your enemies you are facing as drastically below par, I don't want to word this the wrong way, but you are not particularly great yourself and your enemies are even more beneath that. You are essentially facing clicker types. Take for example the hunter in the fourth linked video towards the beginning. He used Aspect of the Cheetah whilst you were on top of him. Following that he didn't do anything in the fight. A lot of this is due to the way some classes are low level, which leads me to my second point.

You are using an "actual PVP class" whereas most of these types are not as favored as rogues. What I mean by "Actual PVP class" is that rogues are built ENTIRELY AROUND the idea of PvP. Even if they weren't designed solely for pvp, their kit and power budget does a lot to give them excessive strength in pvp, rivaled by only a few. Some classes get the luxury of having two in one, however for a lot of them this isn't the case, and your video shows a lot of that.

Next, I get the impression that you live in Stranglethorn. Not that this is a bad thing entirely, it does make me drastically question your capability as a rogue player. Every single one of your clips that I can immediately recall without subjecting myself to another 10 minutes of pain, you had the opener. That is one thing I feel defines a rogue player, how you can fight WITHOUT the opener. I do not mean this as "Lol I didn't stealth." I mean this as someone actually opening on you. Against any enemy with a brain, you will for the most part lose unless the skill difference is very big, or you can abuse your cooldowns to reverse it.

Like, I really hate to say it but you do well to portray the "average rogue in STV" element. However I feel you're also so limited in your capability that pvp against either any half decent player will end badly for you. For someone who during their video in chat said they played Rogue since "actual retail vanilla", you are severely underdeveloped. Maybe you haven't played "Vanilla Rogue" since then, but your movement and overall lack of mechanics says a lot. Players who truly are good, may not understand a new class, but they definitely are able to keep their movement. 30 levels is more than enough to develop a feel for the class again from other expansions.

As much as I hate the guy, I'd cite Prepare the mage. Kid is a complete *****, but his skill at mage is there. I feel if you had encountered him at your current level (hypothetically stating he's the same level) he would mop the floor with you because his skill level is so far beyond yours because he knows his class past the STV phase. Maredokun (his name in beta, I think he's now Maredasan) is another example, stellar warrior player.

I personally don't want to say this either, but you come off as a strict roguecraft junkie. You'll be a 10 minute rogue player, but you won't be able to hold your own as rogue once the gear acquisition makes other classes viable. You'll remain strong until people start getting BWL or even AQ gear, at which point other classes finally have the health pools to survive and you won't be able to hold a candle to them in a real fight. You might still get away with the gimmicky roguecraft stunlock, but in a straight 1v1, or as a serious rogue player, I feel you are FAR from that point.

What's your book called? I might buy it.

I guess you dont get the ironic part of these videos, the 4th one is the only one which is not 100% troll and dude this is low level pvping just as it always was (hence the rogue style ironic topic).

(everything is just recorded while doing my quests in Stranglethorn Vale)

Last edited:
Where to begin?

Haha, Numie i think you have ganked this guy unt friends to much :D

Keep it up, rek them hordes!

And about that AQ gear comment, it will take atleast 3 more months before it gets released.
Numie has plenty of time to rek hordes with MC/BWL gear.

I must admit - I didn't like first three videos at all (mostly due to underleveled / very bad opponents), but 4.0 was definitely an improvement.
I'd suggest to avoid showcasing fights where your opponents are semi afk (turning in their quests) or are fighting mobs, unless those engagements have an interesting turn of events. Instead, you could try picking up a fight on the main road of STV (bridge near Nesingwary's comes to mind). This would provide more fair (people would not be in combat or low on hp/mana) and dynamic (could have a backup from either side) fights.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Why are you people getting serious about this? Jelious? To much to take it? Why so mad ?
So much nonsense hate, makes someone wanna camp these people.

Haha, Numie i think you have ganked this guy unt friends to much :D

No, he hasn't ganked me once because I'm already 60 and was out of the STV phase fairly early into the lifecycle. Though it's funny that your mind is so feeble that the first thing to come to your mind is that. I'm simply calling a spade as a spade. Kinda sad that a guy with a GM title immediately resorts to the same kind of child's argument, hell I'm surprised you didn't respond with "lolumad" because that is roughly the degree of intellect responses like that show.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it up, rek them hordes!

And about that AQ gear comment, it will take atleast 3 more months before it gets released.
Numie has plenty of time to rek hordes with MC/BWL gear.

You missed the key component of what I said, even in these gear phases I fear he will be nothing more than a 10 minute rogue player even with the fact rogues shine in gear pre AQ. He just isn't that great as a rogue. His satire in the first three videos was amusing and clear, however there was just a glaring lack of skill amongst all four videos.

Top Bottom