• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Toxic shitty players ruined Classic for me; will Kronons be different?

WDS

I quit Classic Wow during AQ40, not because of anything wrong with Blizzard or the software, but because of other players. They came in two types.

First were the shitty guild officers who kicked people for dumb shit that had nothing to do with the guild and/or never happened. For example, there was one time when I was running LBRS with some randoms and I needed one particular piece of gear off of one boss. I was the group leader so when we got to that boss, I switched to Master Loot. The item I wanted did not drop, so I switched back to normal loot and asked the other players if they wanted the items that did drop. Time passed. No response. I asked again. More time passed. Still, no response. I said "LAST CHANCE: IF YOU WANT THIS CRAP, SAY SO OR I'M KEEPING IT". Again, no response. "Okay, I guess I'm keeping it"

"You have been removed from the group."

A few minutes later, a guild officer contacts me saying "hey we got a report from someone who's not in our guild saying you ninja looted some stuff in a dungeon, so we're kicking you without asking for evidence or your side of the story, or doing anything remotely resembling an attempt to find out what really happened"

I went though maybe five or six guilds that did equally stupid stuff before I gave up and started doing GDKP pugs.

Second were the parseholes in trade/world/whatever chat. Now keep in mind, I didn't get into WoW until Cataclysm and I hadn't spent a decade on vanilla private servers learning how everything worked prior to the launch of Classic, so there was a lot of stuff that I had to learn along the way, like how sharpening stones would prevent players from receiving Windfury buffs. Or how all of the melee attack abilities on one's action bar should be replaced with macros that turn autoattack on and THEN cast the ability you want. Stuff that's not covered in your typical class guide. Additionally, I had invested hard in tank gear from levels 55-60 because I knew prot warriors would be in high demand when Naxx opened. However, the guilds that I joined wanted me to DPS, so all throughout MC, BWL, and AQ40, I was SLOOOOWLY replacing my tank gear with DPS gear. Naturally, whenever I said something in trade/world/whatever chat, there would always be someone saying "parse under 50, therefore opinion invalid lolol" and some other shitheads laughing along too. That was how I learned that a player from one of my guilds had posted DPS meters to a parse website without my knowledge or permission. And, apparently, "I was trying to DPS in tank gear with a Dense Sharpening Stones applied to my weapons, what the hell do you expect?" wasn't a valid defense.

Now, before I invest any significant amount of time into Kronos, I need to ask: is the community here significantly better than the one on the official Blizzard Classic servers?

I really wish for you to get some valuable opinions by Kronos players here but I'm unsure if they even go here.

To the first "proof" - did you tell your groupmates that you will be switching to master loot and taking your desired item if it dropped?

To the first "proof" - did you tell your groupmates that you will be switching to master loot and taking your desired item if it dropped?

I gave some kind of warning to that effect, yes.

So they did not know you will be doing that exactly. Well from both the first and the second "proof" you are the one to blame, and you are the toxic player. Maybe you should consider to get well with other people around you instead of kicking around and blaming everyone except you? I dont exactly understand why did you create this topic, just to complain and let others know how people are treating you badly?

I quit Classic Wow during AQ40, not because of anything wrong with Blizzard or the software, but because of other players. They came in two types.

First were the shitty guild officers who kicked people for dumb shit that had nothing to do with the guild and/or never happened. For example, there was one time when I was running LBRS with some randoms and I needed one particular piece of gear off of one boss. I was the group leader so when we got to that boss, I switched to Master Loot. The item I wanted did not drop, so I switched back to normal loot and asked the other players if they wanted the items that did drop. Time passed. No response. I asked again. More time passed. Still, no response. I said "LAST CHANCE: IF YOU WANT THIS CRAP, SAY SO OR I'M KEEPING IT". Again, no response. "Okay, I guess I'm keeping it"

"You have been removed from the group."

A few minutes later, a guild officer contacts me saying "hey we got a report from someone who's not in our guild saying you ninja looted some stuff in a dungeon, so we're kicking you without asking for evidence or your side of the story, or doing anything remotely resembling an attempt to find out what really happened"

I went though maybe five or six guilds that did equally stupid stuff before I gave up and started doing GDKP pugs.

Second were the parseholes in trade/world/whatever chat. Now keep in mind, I didn't get into WoW until Cataclysm and I hadn't spent a decade on vanilla private servers learning how everything worked prior to the launch of Classic, so there was a lot of stuff that I had to learn along the way, like how sharpening stones would prevent players from receiving Windfury buffs. Or how all of the melee attack abilities on one's action bar should be replaced with macros that turn autoattack on and THEN cast the ability you want. Stuff that's not covered in your typical class guide. Additionally, I had invested hard in tank gear from levels 55-60 because I knew prot warriors would be in high demand when Naxx opened. However, the guilds that I joined wanted me to DPS, so all throughout MC, BWL, and AQ40, I was SLOOOOWLY replacing my tank gear with DPS gear. Naturally, whenever I said something in trade/world/whatever chat, there would always be someone saying "parse under 50, therefore opinion invalid lolol" and some other shitheads laughing along too. That was how I learned that a player from one of my guilds had posted DPS meters to a parse website without my knowledge or permission. And, apparently, "I was trying to DPS in tank gear with a Dense Sharpening Stones applied to my weapons, what the hell do you expect?" wasn't a valid defense.

Now, before I invest any significant amount of time into Kronos, I need to ask: is the community here significantly better than the one on the official Blizzard Classic servers?
This is an old thread, and perhaps you joined the server and got your answer, so many this will help others? F

rom what you have shared, I wouldn't be surprised if you found this crowd to be generally better. I am new here too, so maybe my assessment will be incorrect.

If you joined WoW for Cataclysm, the game was already encouraging more anti-social behaviors by their cross realm LFG/Raid feature. Globalism practices like that, where you're mostly detached from the consequences of your selfish or rude behaviors because you may never see the people you're interacting with again, is playing with laser forest fire :p This leaves me to believe that a private Vanilla server will attract & encourage better behaved players.

Also, Vanilla is less aesthetically pleasing than Retail for many reasons (updates to character appearances & transmogs alone lol), it is also much harder. I imagine there are a significant number of players who come here because of nostalgia, rather than some ironic retro feels. And I remember players being generally nicer. Mind you, it is free to play, so some scummy, greedy, miserly types will play here. And we did have 'Barrens Chat' back then lol.. so no perfect system, aye? lol

Top Bottom