• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Twinstars Launcher a must or not?

Friskey

Just a simple question. Do I need to download following things to play on Kronos when it launches? Or does it work with just changeing the realmlist of my current Vanilla folder (exe. etc..?:
"1) Just one of the options:
a) Download these 3 files:
Twinstar Vanilla Part 1, Twinstar Vanilla Part 2, Twinstar Vanilla Part 3

b) Download this torrent:
WoW_Vanilla.torrent

2) Install the file twinstarcz-vanilla-112-install.part1.exe, choose the directory where you want to have the Vanilla version of the game installed and click on OK. Then the whole game will unpack in your folder, completely patched and almost ready to be played.
3) Download and install our Twinstar Launcher. Run it and set up the path to your wow.exe. Choose your game version and enjoy playing on our great servers.
4) Twinstar Team wishes you a lot of fun."

The Launcher is not a must, your vanilla client will work when you just change the realmlist.

I'm not familiar with the Launcher, but i think with the launcher you're able to easily switch between Twinstar's different game versions, so you can easily switch between Cataclysm, WotLK, TBC and Vanilla while just opening your WoW through the Launcher. So it's a convenience thing. But i'm not sure, i guess somebody who plays on several twinstar servers can tell.

Last edited:
I personally never used TS launcher, i dont need another useless tool in my PC. I dont and didnt have any problems with playing WoW on any Twinstar server so far.

Don't use the launcher.
1) Launcher is not english afaik
2) It was discontinued
3) ATM it doesn't work on 64bit windows 8 according to the comments on the czech forum
4) Apparently there's also a fatal error (attempt to divide by zero) preventing the usage

Even while the author worked here, it was a mess. You couldn't choose where do you install it, you couldn't select it properly with multiple versions and it didn't delete cached files for vanilla. 2 years ago I tried to make a workaround for some of the issues, and the author said he would fix it all. Never happened :tongue:

Either you download torrent file or you download the three parts.

Imagine it as
Torrent = MIRROR 1. Requires torrent app. Can be super fast.
Part1+2+3 = MIRROR 2. Requires you to write captcha on each file, limited dl speed.

Launcher is an avoidable, if the placement with wow desktop or caused some components of

Top Bottom